It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime lurker saying hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I figured it was about time I wrote my intro thread. I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time, my favorites being Fragile Earth, General Conspiracies, Breaking Alternative News, and Survival.

What brought me to ATS, funny enough, were the ET Man threads. For those who don't know, he was here a few years ago claiming that he was a "Benevolent being" who had knowledge that the world would end in Oct 2011, and that we should all make preparations. Of course, we all know to take these people with a grain of salt, and obviously nothing happened last October. Nevertheless, those threads were an interesting read.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, which is why it took me so long to write my intro. I generally don't post unless I really have something to say, so it's been taking me a while to reach my 20 posts. I've got a few ideas for threads I'd like to start, but I probably won't make one right away. Gotta make sure it's worth reading!

Oh, and don't worry, I know how to use the search feature!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

Welcome to ATS, even lurking as a member lets you star and flag posts so you can still take part in discussions.

Opinions are nice to share and shoot down sometimes though.
There is plenty of strange stuff out there, benevolent beings aside. People flying to Elenin in secret craft, time travellers, illuminati members...

Enjoy your stay here. See you around.

They have a search machine here?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

Hi, welcome,,,always good to hear another voice and point of view when people have civil discussions! Sometimes people get rude I hate that it is so pointless...but love a good discussion!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Welcome my friend; glad you decided to say hello!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

Welcome to ATS. You already know how to use the search function....

Now, if you offer a class to a lot of folks already here, would be wonderful. I look forward to your future threads.

Des

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! I look forward to having great discussion with all of you!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What's a Lurker?

Is that like a Freemason? With or without the Scottish Rite? Or Left?

Welcome, and watch the sarcasm on here. Some of the people on here have NO sense of humour.

Myself included.

Don't personally attack anyone for a difference in opinion, and you'll have a great time on here.

And don't do anything I tell you or you'll be banned.

new topics

top topics

join