It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange power cut in South Wales UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Afternoon all,

I've just had a power of sorts which didnt seem like any other power cut we've experienced in the past. Usually everything goes out for a few minutes of an hour or so and everything then comes back on, but this time was different.
I was on my xbox at the time and the console shut down, my tv shutrdown and my cable modem shut down, all my wireless routers failed to connect, i could find any of the routers via my phone or laptop. House alarms in the street were going crazy and also the next door neighbours dog was going mental! The rest of the house equpiment was fine, no power down at all.

I double checked thefridge, cooker etc and all looking o.k.

Speaking with a few other people from newport they also had the same experience. Anyone aware of any blasts from our friend the sun? I've checked space weather and all looks calm.

Any ideas guys?

If anyone knows, it will be you guys

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sounds like a circuit breaker, but I don't know why the rest of the neighbourhood would be affected.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As it happens, I had a very shory power cut about half an hour ago (approx 3pm) and im just outside glasgow.
It happened at the precise moment I switched on my dishwashet, so thought my fuse box had tripped out.
So on my way to check the fuses, and everything came back on again.
So just coincidence I guess.
I put it down to just a local cut, which lasted about 5 seconds.

DSO

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Could have been a "brownout" aka voltage sag. Wiki

Most electronics now days have converters, if the voltage level dipped low enough on the supply side this would have cause them to malfunction. Appliances and incandescent lights would still work albeit at a less then optimal level.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
sounds like a brief power cut that tripped one or a few of your breaker switchs, the house alarms will be set off if the power is cut and the dog will most likely bark when it hears all the alarms, my dog goes crazy when alarms go off.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I`m not sure but wasn`t there a thread on ATS on BBC and something near the sun? I think in that thread I read where there if true would be such things happening.

So off to see if I can find that thread and will edit the link in. Of course this is just a possible cause not to be mistaken for that thread subject being it.

Here is that thread but I`m not sure it is the one I thought. I know I read it somewhere here though.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/24/2012 by Connman because: add thread link

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cjdust

Have you checked your local news service and with your electricity supplier?

Doesn't take much to lose power to an area, here's an article about a power outage in Llanelli from yesterday...

www.thisissouthwales.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is weird. I'm in Ohio and I got up at 9:00am this morning, turned on my computer to check my e-mail and see what was up on A.T.S..

At 9:45am the power flashed off for a second and reset the pc I'm on, cable boxes, and digital clocks.

I went around the house and reset the clocks and what not and got back online.

Then at 10:45am the same thing happened again. It flashed off for a second.

And on top of that, I wake up this morning, and find a Peanut Butter Sandwich in the middle of my kitchen floor.

I didn't make any P.B. Sandwich.

I'm not kidding.

What the hell is going on this morning?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cjdust

I'm out in magor,everythings fine here,we did have a pretty decent storm about 2 hours ago,maybe a lightning strike tripped everything out for a while? p.s. nice to know some theres some clarts about !

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Ok, weird weird weird
We also had a power cut but it wasn't today...it was three days ago. The whole apartment complex lost power and no one could say why. Where it gets weird is...food is missing from my fridge that I just bought, and no one else was here. Also, my neightbor went to the store for smokes and came back to find an old, dried up piece of garlic bread sitting on top of her freshly folded laundry. She is a severe diabetic and never eats bread. Creepy no?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigertatzen

Ok, weird weird weird
We also had a power cut but it wasn't today...it was three days ago. The whole apartment complex lost power and no one could say why. Where it gets weird is...food is missing from my fridge that I just bought, and no one else was here. Also, my neightbor went to the store for smokes and came back to find an old, dried up piece of garlic bread sitting on top of her freshly folded laundry. She is a severe diabetic and never eats bread. Creepy no?

O.K....
Now I'm really freaked..
Are we dealing with some kind of new unknown phenomenon here?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The equipment was on separate circuits in the house and no fuses blown on the main box either.

Alot of people in the neighbourhood had it but also alot didn't, probably on a different circuit but other friends i have up to 10 miles away also had the cut at the same time. I don't know enough how the electricity is supplied to different parts of the cities etc, just found it strange that it only affected certain appliances in the house.

elephantstone - roses fan by chance, can't fault it!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Practice run for the 'kill switch'?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Weird! I was at work today working on the BBQ Pit and the power cut off for a while everything was at "half power" was really weird.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

And on top of that, I wake up this morning, and find a Peanut Butter Sandwich in the middle of my kitchen floor.

I didn't make any P.B. Sandwich.

I'm not kidding.

What the hell is going on this morning?

Oh man, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Whoever sold you and the other poster above a Maltese-S#!tzu.....really sold you Mogwai's! I kind of agree with voltage sag being the culprit, but that doesn't account for the PB sandwich or dried up garlic bread!

If you come across a Gremlin.........kick it really hard then run like hell!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Them fkn gremlins again!

OK then... Which one of you fed them after midnight??

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
sometimes when the power goes out the electronics don't come back on. i think that's what happened. all your power went out for just a brief moment but the computer stuff stayed off.

as for the folks with the random food items appearing THAT IS WEIRD and totally funny

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Practice run for the 'kill switch'?

It really gave me chills when I read that. We have been discussing that very possibility amongst myself and friends for several weeks now. Because other strange things have been happening as well.

The oddest and most disturbing thing is that for the past 3 weeks, the local power company is doing unscheduled "maintenance" using a third-party proxy to "improve" the power lines (This had nothing to do with the outage recently however), and they have cut the power in the last month at least three times and for more than half a day at a time. They don't say how they are "improving" the lines either.

Another strange occurrence was two weeks ago, when suddenly in the middle of the night, fireworks started going off right behind our apartments. There was no public notice, no celebration; and these were professional pyrotechnics, not kids with poppers and bottle rockets. My brother, who is a cop, made the remark that it would be the perfect way to distract people and cover up something or get away with something. And he was right...almost every resident was out there with us, watching the show. It lasted approximately 15 minutes.

It would appear that the nefarious PTB are up to something. Question is, what??

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't think it's a phenomenon at all. I replied to another post before yours describing the weirdness our power company has been up to of late. Maybe whoever was inside your house tampering with your power (or whatever) left that PB sandwich in your kitchen. I mean, who the hell is going to believe you right?

I know someone has been inside my apartment; more than once and in the last 30 days. Nothing is taken but food, and things left out of place, but nothing criminal that would give me a valid reason for reporting it. This is puzzling to me but I am determined to figure it out.

I am remaining as calm as possible, and ever watchful.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't know about the garlic bread but the thing with peanut butter is a known phenomenum. Briefly there are entities whose whole life support system runs on peanut butter. If you have a jar of peanut butter in your house, check the levels. If it goes down mysteriously you will know.. But if they are making sandwiches now, they must be getting humanised. I would suggest leaving a sandwich out for the night - perhaps with a little pickle on the side

edit on 30-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join