It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, Turkey mount joint rescue for downed jet's pilots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

"Turkey says its F-4 Phantom aircraft downed off the Syrian coast may have wandered into Syrian airspace unintentionally. Both sides avoid bellicose rhetoric. A day after Syria shot down a Turkish jet, officials from the neighboring countries moved to tamp down tensions Saturday as they mounted a joint rescue operation for two pilots still missing in the eastern Mediterranean."

www.latimes.com...

There ya go kids. Stop the whole Turkey/Syria fighting stuff. Like ive said before, im 100% on these predictions of fighting here on ATS and i'll be batting 1000 again. This is going NOWHERE.

edit on 24/6/12 by masqua because: added 'ex' tags

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This has been brought up in other topics,

Indeed, whilst this may not be the event that commences 'WAR' this is quite Significant, Likewise Strategic, a step in the War staircase if you may

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

This is going NOWHERE.

Until it actually does.

I'm sure every conflict from Rome to the Nazis had people saying the same thing and it's because the reality is too big to comprehend that it can happen in ones lifetime.

No one wants to see it happen and most will deny the possibility. Those that deny are actually hiding behind their own fears of what is really going on IMO.

Even myself. I can't imagine WW3 happening in my time with me as a witness to it. But then again, many thought the same in WW1 and WW2. And it DID happen.

Sorry to lay reality on you but it is going to happen...soon and with more nightmares than you can imagine.

And of this...I am 100% convinced. So we'll see who's right I guess but then again, will it really matter who was right in the end?

I think not.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

BBC reported that Turkey will retaliate in some way over this, BBC is not the only news reporting this FOX, and ABC as i type this, so someting will become of it

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by jude11

BBC reported that Turkey will retaliate in some way over this, BBC is not the only news reporting this FOX, and ABC as i type this, so someting will become of it

and so it did... or will be news.yahoo.com... from the link

Turkey branded its former ally Syria "a clear and imminent threat," on Tuesday as its Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan vented his fury over the downing of a Turkish fighter jet.

In his most outspoken criticism of the Damascus regime, Erdogan vowed to retaliate against the "heinous act" and promised a change of military attitude to any Syrian officer approaching the common border.

"The rules of engagement of the Turkish Armed Forces have changed given this new development," Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told parliament following the shooting down of F-4 Phantom jet Friday. The two pilots are still missing.
you shoot us... we will shoot you or just give us Damascus.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I've spent couple of months on that base in Malatya back in 1981.

Pilots are probably dead but I do hope that I am wrong .

new topics

top topics

join