It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current WWIII Battle Lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Were a World War to be starting today, here are the two sides:

America
EU
South America (less Venezuela)
Australia
Canada
Turkey
Israel
Japan
Philippines
Taiwan
India?
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
UAE

vs

China
North Korea
Iran
Syria
Venezuela
Egypt
Pakistan
Russia?

A world-war conflict in this day and age would be the end of civilization as we know it. The longer time goes on, the stronger the other side looks. An Iran - China - North Korea alliance would be an absolute JUGGERNAUT. I don't seriously believe that this kind of conflict will happen, though. I would think the slower-but-still-quick process of removing the economic pants from America (which is the hub holding the spokes together at this point) would be easier, more successful, and much much more humiliating.

Are there any countries that I am missing? Also to be frank I cant really picture Russia taking arms against Europe in favor of the Iranians and Chinese. Am I mistaken?

Cheers folks, and peace to the world. This isn't for kicks, its for academ-kicks.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenite

Yeah, you forgot, Cuba, Venezuela, Argentina and Mexico.

Hehe.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Yeah, you forgot, Cuba, Venezuela, Argentina and Mexico.

Hehe.

edit- He left out half the world really. The rebels list is way too short.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: chavez is there. (:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I cant really picture Russia taking arms against Europe in favor of the Iranians and Chinese. Am I mistaken?

I think that you are. China and Russia will stick together.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It wouldn't go down like that. It would be the U.S.+Israel versus everyone else, the 2 most hated nations in the world is the U.S. and Israel, over 90% of the world's population would love to see both be destroyed forever or enslaved.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

He did list Venezuela. the rest well that without saying. Mexico is at war with itself at the moment.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A Russo-Amerikan Empire vs everyone else would make for an intriguing show.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Your list includes everyone of consequence. I don't see Mexico siding against the US. Texas national guard could probably keep Mexicos military occupied for the war. Their oil would fall into US hands emmediately. At that point they would lose all their best economic drivers: US tourism, oil sales, remittences from the US. They'd be finished.

I wonder about Brazil.

Columbia reinforced with some US air guard squadrons, some equipment and maybe a few thousand ground troops should be able to roll over Venezuela.

The oceans would be owned by the West, super chinese/Russian missiles or not. North Korea would probably be stuck fighting South Korea because I just don't see them moving their equipment to some distant theatre. That might be a big front however. Defending South Korea from the North with chinese reinforcements would take a lot of resources. It would probably be better to just let the South fall than spend resources there.

It would be best for the West if the war did not drag on for years. Chinese and Russian manufacturing could turn out equipment at an unimaginable pace and there are a lot of Chinese that can be put in uniform. I have to say however that I wonder if China and Russia are as fit for major war as people think. India could tie up a lot of Chinese resources alone, though I guess that Pakistan would end up occupying Indias military. Europe could hold its own against Russia. They might could win outright with no help from the US if China were not involved. Imagine just Turkey and Germany combined.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The US alone would easilly demolish the other Alliance. Would not even break a sweat. Maybe 10 years from now that will change. In a real war we would not hold back, we would bomb them like we did in WWII. Only nuclear weapons would effect us, and at first launch we would turn them into glass, and they know it. We have missile interception capabilities, so a launch on us is not guaranteed to work, whereas they would most certainly face destruction.

ETA: India would certainly take the opportunity to invade China and take back territory they claim as theirs. As much as I hope it does not happen, a war with China in the near future would be incredible for the US. We would win quickly, force reparations on them, and cancel our loan repayments. Economically it would be amazing, the cost of human life means I hope it does not come to pass, and the fact we have a 0% chance to lose means it wont.
edit on 24-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I cant really picture Russia taking arms against Europe in favor of the Iranians and Chinese. Am I mistaken?

I think that you are. China and Russia will stick together.

No, he's not. When it comes to talk Russia and China will see eye to eye, Russia would not go to war for China though.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

The US alone would easilly demolish the other Alliance.

Becareful what you wish for,because you may well be ALONE.
Yeah your mighty military has been fighting(losing) a war against sheep herders with nothing but sticks and stones for over a decade.
U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A you have been watching to many American flag waving movies boy.
I see your napalm and raise you facepalm.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Yeah your mighty military has been fighting(losing) a war against sheep herders with nothing but sticks and stones for over a decade.
U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A you have been watching to many American flag waving movies boy.

The war there is very unconventional.. can't really be compared to what WW3 would be like.

Also, to keep in mind the possibility that our nukes and all worldy nukes would be completely disabled by alien intervention - crazy thought perhaps, but what if? How would this change world war strategies?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The US alone would easilly demolish the other Alliance. Would not even break a sweat. Maybe 10 years from now that will change. In a real war we would not hold back, we would bomb them like we did in WWII. Only nuclear weapons would effect us, and at first launch we would turn them into glass, and they know it. We have missile interception capabilities, so a launch on us is not guaranteed to work, whereas they would most certainly face destruction.

ETA: India would certainly take the opportunity to invade China and take back territory they claim as theirs. As much as I hope it does not happen, a war with China in the near future would be incredible for the US. We would win quickly, force reparations on them, and cancel our loan repayments. Economically it would be amazing, the cost of human life means I hope it does not come to pass, and the fact we have a 0% chance to lose means it wont.
edit on 24-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

How brainwashed are you? You could not even win the war
in veitnam with that huge army and high tech. And how about
Afghanistan? Look how lobg thats been going for, and you think
you would wipe out chiba just like that! LOL

People have been conditioned and brainwashed
to the point where they cant see that the only people
that benefit from these wars are the rich and powerful,
just like the ilegal iraq war!

edit on 24-6-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

i could see the us joining up on that side but maybe like in ww1 the us would wait until we absolutley needed to join in on the action. if mexico would fall to the axis side then would take immediate action and thwart them and have to join the fun. but if mexico doesnt join in the begining to take a side then we could be neutral for a while

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

I just love how US haters always come out of the wood work to point out how the US "lost" Vietnam and is "losing" in Afghanistan. Remember though we aren't talking about trying to dig cowardly part time fighters out of their caves in the mountains, or fighting a limited war. How would Vietnam have gone differently if the US had actually invaded North Vietnam and razed the cities, and/or destroyed ALL the rice crops ywar after year. I seem to remember a few US SOCOM soldiers and some rebels on camels rolling over the Taliban in about two weeks. I remember Saddams million man army get slaughtered in a matter of weeks....TWICE. In conventional war the US rocks and no amount of jealousy or hatred will change that.

Any way you look at it the US is very powerful, not all powerful, but powerful enough to be the undisputed top dog for the time being atleast.

Yes, if there is going to be war with China it should be soon and the US shouldn't stop until China can't even feed itself. Which brings up another important point in a world war. Both Russia and China (among others on that axis list) depend on food imports (largely from the US) to feed themselves. With NATO naval superiority in blue waters they would lose their food imports.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If it happened, I think WWIII is more likely to see everyone pile on against the Muslims. No one trusts fanaticism in the west or east, all have problems with thorny militants, and all the bigger powers benefit from adding the resources in those countries.

Russia would get to take back part of central Asia.

China would increase their influence there.

The US would continue pushing more into the Middle East.

And the nastiest theater of the War would probably be India vs. Pakistan.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a world war would not be a war of occupation,in that you would not need to keep the enemies infrastructure intact. quite the opposite every thing would be razed,defeating the will and capability of the enemy. no alliance of nations could withstand natos stormtroopers.but the idea of that kind of war ,with the casualties in the hundreds of millions or more is criminal much less the act

top topics

join