It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange thing in the sky tonite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I live in Southern Will County Illinois about 50 mile South South West of Chicago. Saw a strange thing tonite after sundown.

I lit up a fire in the backyard just to burn some brush. Just after I got it lit, I was watching the ash go up into the air and I noticed a light. Small but bright almost straight up moving SouthEast. Perfectly round from what I could see. To me, I thought it was bobbing back and forth a little, like a bright flare with a parachute. Somebody that was out there with me said it was moving in a straight line.

Directly towards a plane heading West.

I see planes out here all the time. I'm South of the flight paths of both O'Hare and Midway. So I know what they look like. Flashing lights on both wings, sometimes a fuselage light - you know the deal. I also seem to see them going West a lot. I figure they're out of Cleveland.

Anyway, it just keeps getting closer and closer to the plane. Heading straight at it.

They almost cross paths or did cross paths and nothing. I'm thinking 'ok, they're at different heights'. And the bright light turns straight East, but seems to slow down a little.

Then the plane going West gets to about straight up above and I notice another plane coming from the South. The planes had to be pretty close and looked to be about the same size. So I figure they are at the same height. They almost cross paths and the plane from the South turns and heads North West-ish. And the other keeps heading West.

That's when I lost them in the trees.

But I could still see the bright light going East for a bit. Then I lost it behind some other trees.

I can't for the life of me tell you exactly what that bright light was. I'm pretty sure a flare doesn't move like that. Unless it got caught in the backdraft or contrail from the plane.

Could these be Air National Guard with their 'one weekend a month' training?

Otherwise, I'm not sure what I saw.

Anyone have an idea what that all could have been?
edit on 23-6-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
How fast was this light going? Was it going the same speed as the plane?
Also, what color was this light? Did it flash in any way?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Airplane

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It didn't flash. It was a solid bright light. Like I said, it made me think of a flare. Or a star or planet if it wasn't moving. It was white or bluish white. It seemed to be going about the same speed as the plane until after they passed. The planes had flashing lights on them like normal.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

S & F
You should do some investigating. Call up places to see if they saw or know of anything that happened like newspaper, local PD, maybe even see if you can talk to anyone from the traffic control towers

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

Hi CryHavoc thanks for the detailed description

If your sighting was around 9.50 it sounds like you saw the ISS , description and direction of travel sounds about right

APPROACH DEPARTURE
Fri Jun 22/09:51 PM 36 above NW 23 above ESE

spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm not sure I have the time or resources to do all kinds of investigation. But I might shoot an e-mail to MUFON. They've got the contacts to check it all.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Hi CryHavoc thanks for the detailed description

If your sighting was around 9.50 it sounds like you saw the ISS , description and direction of travel sounds about right

That's about the right time. Just a coincidence they crossed paths then.

That's awesome! I'll have to look again tomorrow.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
wow

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
where

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Check the link on gortex's post. It'll tell you where to look tonite.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ill_Eagle

Hi Ill_Eagle,

Your Avatar pic gives me the damn creeps!

top topics

join