It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism blamed for UK's lack of success at the Eurovision Song Contest because European nations 'wo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Racism blamed for UK's lack of success at the Eurovision Song Contest because European nations 'won't vote for ethnic minority singers' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

Senior figures linked to a number of former UK entries for the Eurovision Song Contest have claimed Britain's lack of success is down to racism.

Since 2005, UK acts including Javine Hylton, Andy Abraham, Jade Ewen, and boyband Blue have done badly in the contest, despite strong performances.

Several industry figures, who spoke on condition on anonymity, said they had experienced racism behind the scenes of the annual contest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It is interesting that the UK musicians and their cronies who have repeatedly failed in the Eurovision Song Contest over the past decade are now claiming racism as the cause of their dismal failures.

Instead of this they should be looking at how the UK is viewed by foreigners and what sort of music foreigners expect of the UK.

Unfortunately UK music has entered a bad patch as a consequence of multiculturism. The locals have been drowned out by immigrant music which is not appealing to foreigners.

Why don`t the musical industry accept that the English musical industry as we knew it is dead and all we can expect now is a lot of bastardised hybrid music of little musical worth which wont be played in one year let alone in a generations time..

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Now thats just absurd, the UK is the most culturally forgiving place I know of....many wonder accepting people...just like America......

edit on 22-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: Way down yonder in the land of Dixie....look away...look away....Dixie land

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

The locals have been drowned out by immigrant music which is not appealing to foreigners.

Eurovision is the strangest thing ever.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

There's nothing wrong with UK music friend. Where's this bad patch you speak of?

Fact is that over here the Eurovision song contest is seen as a joke. Its cheesy and tacky at best. They even have a comedian commentating on it making fun of the contestants.

Because of this no current (good) self respecting artist worth their salt will enter for fear of never selling a record again. So we're left with has-been's and unknowns. Hence we always come last

edit on 22/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg

It is interesting that the UK musicians and their cronies who have repeatedly failed in the Eurovision Song Contest over the past decade are now claiming racism as the cause of their dismal failures.

Instead of this they should be looking at how the UK is viewed by foreigners and what sort of music foreigners expect of the UK.

Unfortunately UK music has entered a bad patch as a consequence of multiculturism. The locals have been drowned out by immigrant music which is not appealing to foreigners.

Why don`t the musical industry accept that the English musical industry as we knew it is dead and all we can expect now is a lot of bastardised hybrid music of little musical worth which wont be played in one year let alone in a generations time..

www.dailymail.co.uk

Are you having a laugh? Adele is probably one of the biggest music talents out there right now. 6 Grammy awards 10th best selling album (21) by a British artist of all time just for starters. The world loves Adele. Britain has always spawned great music and will continue to do so.
As for the Eurovision song contest, Britain is now treating it as the joke it is. Thats why we entered a 76 year old performer this year.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg

www.dailymail.co.uk

You're not serious, are you?
Like mentioned before, Eurovision is viewed in the UK as a joke.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
But we didnt always come last. That is the point. Here are two winners from the 1960s

Multiculturism has a lot to answer for.

Even the Labour Chief Minister has apologised for immigration this week:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The politicians have really messed up on immigration and the EU - or have they?

It would be part of my plan to destabilise societies and monetary systems to gain more power from the confusion.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yeah, UK music is dead.
LOL.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
wait so your saying its the UKs fault for living in the 21 century and that other euro countries are racist?

And theres so much great music in the UK the amount of British artists i hear of in the usa is quite surprising. even I wouldn't be surprised if Americans didn't realize there listening to British artists

And seriously lmao euro vision have you actually seen it lately its so #ing weird, who even watches it in the UK.

No way we can compete with Ukraine anyway lol

Oh jesus #ing christ ireland
edit on 22-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
wait so your saying its the UKs fault for living in the 21 century and that other euro countries are racist?

And theres so much great music in the UK the amount of British artists i hear of in the usa is quite surprising. even I wouldn't be surprised if Americans didn't realize there listening to British artists

And seriously lmao euro vision have you actually seen it lately its so #ing weird, who even watches it in the UK.

The gay community quite like it, I think?
But that's about it, as far as I know.
It's certainly not a true reflection of the UK music industry, nowhere near.
I think the OP is either having a laugh, or quite possibly a bit daft.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Probably more to do with British foreign policy and the history of the British Empire rather than the race of the 'musicians' .

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think it could be the government led media are laying the ground for the accusation of racism when the multi-cultural England football team get knocked out by the relatively uni-cultural Italian team on Sunday.

Come on you brave English boys. Ignore those bananas.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Who actually watches the Euro Vision anyway?

We may as well be talking about a topic titled "Racism blamed for UK's lack of success at the Cardboard Cut-out Costume Designing Contest"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Probably more to do with British foreign policy and the history of the British Empire rather than the race of the 'musicians' .

Well considering British foreign policy has saved Europe a few time, I would have thought the ungrateful would be a bit more (er) grateful.

The fact is that (as has been pointed out) Eurovision is a joke in UK. The fact that the resy of Europe take it seriously is telling.

Regards

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with the music and all the other nonsense that people are blaming, the reason behind it is that One, we are seen as not really being part of Europe, Two we went into a war with America against the wishes of so called powerful countries in the EU and that we have always seen the Eurovision as a sort of Saturday night laugh fest. and just to anyone who insults the music from the UK, I have found it difficult to like any music that's out now, it hasn't been good for the last ten or so years, look where we are now, most singers (Not artists i hate when they call themselves that, like when actors do.) use the computer audio thing (Cant remember what its called) Disney tries to turn all their young actors into music stars to grab more cash (still think that's the most evil company on the planet) and others are poor choices dealing with things that make no sense oh and then there's that knob head Justin Bieber, cannot stand that freaking kid. is it me or does he look like a lesbian?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I find it mildly amusing that a failed social engineering policy is being blamed on the citizens.

But I can't imagine the stagecraft to go any other way.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Bieber looks like a bastardised hybrid child of Obama, Oprey and George Bush with Will Smith`s ears.

If he was in my class at school he would have been buggered silly.

What happened to the classical white men with facial features which white women went for? The media and government keep on giving us effeminate white role models like Bieber.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

I think the song is aggressive rubbish with no melody - bit like English music circa 2012

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with race... it has everything to do with the Eurovision song contest being fixed... its rigged by the eastern block mafia.

They fix it because they can make ££££ off of betting on the winner.

England should have left the contest years ago.

England may be located geographically in Europe but we are not Europeans in our attitudes and our outlook. We are and shall ever be the brothers and sisters of America.

It is for these reasons that England does not Win the Eurovision Song contest.

All the best,

Korg.

Oh and BTW I am a composer and I can tell you English Music is Alive and Kicking!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join