It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdered border agent Brian Terry's parents accuse Obama officials of 'hiding something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Searched but didn't find this article. Mods, if its been posted please close. Thanks.

source< br />

The parents of murdered border agent Brian Terry told Fox News' Sean Hannity on Thursday that they think Attorney General Eric Holder and other Justice Department officials are "hiding something" in their response to the botched anti-gunrunning operation Fast and Furious.

A House panel voted Wednesday along party lines to recommend holding Holder in contempt of Congress for not handing over a trove of documents related to Fast and Furious, and GOP leaders are considering a full House vote. President Obama has asserted executive privilege in keeping many of the documents out of public view.

To me this is more than just a perversion of justice. Why would Obama, in an election year where he already faces an uphill battle, do something so politically stupid? After claiming executive privilege, Obama has practically guaranteed this story front page status. And now people are discussing the legality of executive privilege and questioning if this is truly in the country's best interest, or if Obama has once again overstepped the bounds of his office.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Because there is a current criminal investigation going on and a full report is coming out soon. Releasing all these documents would compromise that investigation.

The sad thing is that Republicans know this...that is the only reason they are demanding the release of these documents...because they know the administration can NOT release them until the investigation is completed. So they demand them to be released, knowing damn well they can't be, then they throw a manufactured hissy fit when the administration does exactly what any responsible administration does and doesn't release them.

This is political theater...I am sorry, but you have been played.
edit on 22-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am wrong in thinking that the Congressional Over site committee is the one that is actually doing the investigation into this Fast and Furious ordeal?

Criticism was heaped on the ATF and its parent agency, the Department of Justice. Congressional committees began investigating last year, and Democrats and Republicans have been at odds over who knew what about the operation, and when. The House Oversight Committee is seeking documents that would show why the Justice Department decided to withdraw as inaccurate a February 2011 letter sent to Congress that said top officials had only recently learned about Fast and Furious. Subpoenas issued last year originally cited a broad array of documents, including wiretap requests and other materials involving confidential sources that Holder argued he was prevented by law from supplying. The committee's chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California, narrowed the request in negotiations with Holder in recent weeks to focus on documents pertaining to decision-making on withdrawing the February 2011 letter.

CNN link

SOOOOOO.....

They are actually with-holding the documents FROM the INVESTIGATION...
edit on 22-6-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I would say that because Arizona agencies were involved with this case. And Jan Brewer has been silent for a while now. She knows whats about to come down on that states intelligence community. Seems as if the command from above was not to walk guns but the lower levels that did the operation used the same system under Bush and ignored the fact the rules were changed. Then they used the abortion of secrecy the government has created and hid the facts from those above and below having documents sealed by judges before anybody knew whet happened. Anonymous is the government hacking by using contractors and they even had the F the FBI weekly releases of hacked data that seemed to target Arizona as the key target of it all. Sheriff departments were hacked over and over. Thats when Jan Brewer pointed her finger at Obama. But then she was let in on the secret and she has shut up ever since. She is avoiding it with a ten foot pole. Her days of wanting the spot light are over. And considering she has a book out she should be wanting the spot light even more. She should be out saying out ragious things like "You Lie" You were born in Kenya" keeping with the talk of money in the Republican Party. But she has stopped?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They are hiding the fact that Obama had direct knowledge of what went on what he gave the order to let the drug dealers have the weapons. That is my 2c.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think I discovered something thats been bugging about the F&F ordeal. these weapons are left at the crime scene ? excuse me - just because I shot a bullet doesnt mean I leave my weapon. but If I understand this correctly that is exactly what happend - shot officer Terry and they left the weapon behind.... ? dont you find that strange >? and I believe other crimes with the weapons have also turned up the gun that fired the shots.... for us to find. Is this ordeal for our consumption.... ?
edit on 22-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If that is "simply" the case, why the hell doesn't the Obama administration come out and say THAT? Instead, it's a very deceitful looking move. And as the other poster pointed out, they are withholding the information from the people that are conducting the investigation... So, are there any other nonsensical stats we can have, all knowing one?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
To go with what I said previously.
Arizona DPS system hacked: LulzSec group claims responsibility
www.azcentral.com...

The hacking group LulzSec, which has taken responsibility for breaching the websites of the CIA and the U.S. Senate, said in a bulletin that it targeted the DPS because LulzSec opposes Senate Bill 1070, a law the Arizona Legislature passed that widened law-enforcement officers' ability to apprehend illegal immigrants. The law is largely on hold pending a review by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The DPS files, posted on LulzSec's website, include personal information about officers and numerous documents ranging from routine alerts from out-of-state police agencies to videos and photos about the hazards of police work and operations of drug gangs. The names of the files are as innocuous as "resume" and "evaluation form" and as provocative as "cartel leader threatens deadly force on U.S. police."

In its Web posting, the group said the files were primarily related to U.S. Border Patrol and counterterrorism operations.

The hackers vowed to release more classified documents each week as a way to embarrass authorities and sabotage their work.

Lulzsec was ran by a FBI informant. Targeted Arizona border patrol, Counter Terrorism and CIA.

Gov. Jan Brewer was briefed on the situation, but her spokesman referred all questions to the DPS.

Jan Brewer wants nothing to do with it. She pointed her finger at Obama after this but then went silent as she found out what was happening.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

The investigation you speak of is a witch hunt on Obama Adminstration for investigating what happened in Arizona. Two completely different things. Obama wants to know what happened. Republicans want a witch hunt on Obama to stop Obamas investigation of Arizona and what happened.
edit on 22-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yep! I listened to a discussion on this on Talk Radio. Quite different when you have real facts.

FOX can sure SPIN!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Right. Because talk radio is much better than the other MSM outlet. Did you fact check the discussion, or was it just what you wanted to hear?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
reply to post by Annee

Right. Because talk radio is much better than the other MSM outlet. Did you fact check the discussion, or was it just what you wanted to hear?

Actually - - yes it is. Kind of like NPR.

Presenting factual information then discussing various opinions/viewpoints.

Then I take that information and research it for myself.

The point is I have a base of real information to begin my research.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IanPaul

If that is "simply" the case, why the hell doesn't the Obama administration come out and say THAT? Instead, it's a very deceitful looking move. And as the other poster pointed out, they are withholding the information from the people that are conducting the investigation... So, are there any other nonsensical stats we can have, all knowing one?

They have come out and said that...you are either not paying attention or you are only listening to right wing news sources.

www.cnn.com...

The department says it already has handed over more than 7,000 pages of records to House investigators and that the remaining material Issa wants could jeopardize criminal prosecutions.

All documents related to the actual operations have already been released....the remaining documents they want to see are the documents related to criminal investigations that are still on-going. They have nothing to do with the actual operation...they couldn't find anything against Obama or Holder in the original documents...so this is their hissy fit they are throwing about being wrong.

Their investigation came up short...they found nothing to charge Obama or Holder with...so they make this move demanding documents that they know Holder can't legally release...and if he doesn't...they are going to hold him in contempt.

So he either breaks the law by releasing documents he isn't legally allowed to release...or they hold him in contempt of court. And look at all the morons falling for it.

edit on 22-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

But this is the part that I don't understand:

Issa's committee is specifically seeking documents that show why the Department of Justice decided to withdraw as inaccurate a February 2011 letter sent to Congress that said top officials had only recently learned about Fast and Furious.

cnn.com

Why not release those documents?

OiO

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

edit on 22-6-2012 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yep! I listened to a discussion on this on Talk Radio. Quite different when you have real facts.

FOX can sure SPIN!

How does it feel to be so far up Obama's rear-end, all warm and cozy? It must be pretty comfortable, considering how far you two go to defend it. I know you two despise Americans, so that border agent means nothing, but how about the three hundred Mexicans?

Surely, they are worth a peanut in Obama's turd-tunnel, or is even a peanut too delicious to you?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Annee

FOX can sure SPIN!

How does it feel to be so far up Obama's rear-end, all warm and cozy? It must be pretty comfortable, considering how far you two go to defend it. I know you two despise Americans, so that border agent means nothing, but how about the three hundred Mexicans?

Surely, they are worth a peanut in Obama's turd-tunnel, or is even a peanut too delicious to you?

How does it feel to be so anti-Obama you can only move in one direction because the sides of your tunnel are so narrow?

At least I listen to discussions that present multiple viewpoints.

new topics

top topics

join