It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Hype?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
for years i have been thinking there would be intense focus and hype surrounding 12/21/12.

i figured it would begin jan 1 of this year and be a daily story until the fateful day. i really thought the date would be a huge story all year and everyone , everywhere would have been talking about it.

well it isn't really happening at all. what gives?

are people just too distracted or too busy to think about it?

are people just too intelligent to buy into it?

is the fact it really isn't a story a good sign or a bad sign?

y2k was very hyped and everyone was talking about it and wondering what would transpire. was thinking this would be an even bigger deal.

yeah it will be hyped the last few weeks til 12/21/12, but i just thought it would be a year long event.

i was hoping to buy some cheap goods from people when they started selling off their possessions.

what do you all think about this observation?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The London Olympics hype stole 12/21/12's Thunder

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think perhaps the big events already happened, the calendar has been reborn, and the collective unconscious senses it.

/shrug

edit on 21-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think you'll find the majority of people just go about their lives and do not worry about this stuff.

Also there is no profit in it for the mainstream media, therefore little to no coverage.

Which is great, the sooner the (this round of it anyway)silliness ends the better

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Everyone is secretly hoping the new madrid doesn't pop. Everyone is in a state of denial. I am not worried but i think about it once in a while. I keep asking myself if i should move back east incase the new madrid pops.
edit on 21-6-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

It seems like it's talked about everyday on the Internet.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The past five years there was unrelenting hype. Last year especially. Most (all) the convoluted "theories" have been debunked.

The people who were cashing in on the craze made their money through book sales, pay per click advertising and other means.

I suspect the ones that were mostly behind the promotions are sitting on a tropical island somewhere waiting to ring in 2013, the first year of their retirement...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I thought it would have more hype at least on History and Discovery channel running specials on Mayans and the calendar then again I don't really watch TV so I have no idea what they are running at this point. I'm sure there are people who are "preparing for the worst" though or at least taking it into consideration, but a large few will wait out these comings months and by the time the date gets close then they will start to peel their eyes and see. Waiting and some perhaps wanting something to happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
I think perhaps the big events already happened, the calendar has been reborn, and the collective unconscious senses it.

/shrug

edit on 21-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I have flatulence.

Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

if you visit sites like ats yes , but i was thinking it would be part of msm as well.

i really wanted to buy some cheap toys or maybe a really cheap car before 12/21/12 .
maybe i assumed it would be a bigger story because it was such a small story for years and i remember how people couldn't stop talking about y2k in 1999.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The past five years there was unrelenting hype. Last year especially. Most (all) the convoluted "theories" have been debunked.

The people who were cashing in on the craze made their money through book sales, pay per click advertising and other means.

I suspect the ones that were mostly behind the promotions are sitting on a tropical island somewhere waiting to ring in 2013, the first year of their retirement...

Yep,like you said.
But there has got to be a new one,right?
Or are we destined to live our lives without any conspiracies.
Maybe that was the doomsday message.
Everything is alright.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

if you visit sites like ats yes , but i was thinking it would be part of msm as well.

i really wanted to buy some cheap toys or maybe a really cheap car before 12/21/12 .
maybe i assumed it would be a bigger story because it was such a small story for years and i remember how people couldn't stop talking about y2k in 1999.

Lol. Maybe it will get hyped again later in the year. But if I were you, I'd wait for another Rapture prediction for a cheap car

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The Apophis comet is coming soon. I'm sure people are lining up ancient texts right now to show how they "predicted it" and it's going to wipe out earth.

I'm seriously considering getting in on the action. I could easily BS people on it, probably earn enough to buy a new sports car.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Lol. Maybe it will get hyped again later in the year. But if I were you, I'd wait for another Rapture prediction for a cheap car

sigh i was even going to get a nice, cheap system to put in my almost free car.

nobody i know in real life could even tell u 12/21/12 is the date of doom.
for the last 5 years i thought this was going to be bigger than y2k.
i was in key west when that went down so i was happy chaos didn't break out then.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well even if it's legit or not, you have a few issues:

It's just like the boy who cried wolf.

It's too far fetched and people cannot be bothered.

It's just that people don't think their lives and the things / people around them could ever change in such a drastic way until they actual do.

We all have been hyping it and we just don't know it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i was hoping to buy some cheap goods from people when they started selling off their possessions.

lol yes buddy , gotta love capitalism . Milk them when they in fear !

I think everyone is to worried about what will happen tommorw and the comfy way of life. Everyone sees the world getting worse and worse , they have almost been numb to the feeling of all the negativity .

Everything dying and getting worse is the norm , end of the world ? no big deal add it to the list of many things that we have to watch out for lol.

some people living 2 pay cheques away from financial ruin . Everyone on edge . But yea last few weeks will be the time to buy , party , and hopefully be able to start 2013 , looking up at space , going can you please fix the world now that were over the climax lol. Maybe it will listen ... or maybe it will give us a few new threats

edit on 21-6-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible
I think you'll find the majority of people just go about their lives and do not worry about this stuff.

Also there is no profit in it for the mainstream media, therefore little to no coverage.

Which is great, the sooner the (this round of it anyway)silliness ends the better

the majority of people spend their time on Facebook sadly.
maybe if it had its spark there, this 12/21/12 thing would get some traction.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by kdog1982

The Apophis comet is coming soon. I'm sure people are lining up ancient texts right now to show how they "predicted it" and it's going to wipe out earth.

I'm seriously considering getting in on the action. I could easily BS people on it, probably earn enough to buy a new sports car.

The owner here,if you know who he is,was looking pretty good in the last photo I saw of him,so ,yea,getting in the game is not so bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sorry, I keep forgetting about 12-21-12. There's just so much turmoil going on in the world that I've been too busy investigating everything to remember to panic. Well, I only have about six months left to finish all my projects so I can't waste my time contemplating things or I'll never get them done before December.

Maybe the rest of the world is in chaos but not much is different here in the U.P. I've been keeping my eyes on the paper to see when the strawberries are ripe so I can go pick berries for freezing.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am looking forward to that date just for the fact that It wont happen. Plus its only 3 more days till Christmas

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join