It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hack Attack Chinese military newspaper hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hack Attack Chinese military newspaper hacked

freebeacon.com

Unknown hackers took down the official newspaper of the Chinese military earlier this month, highlighting the covert cyber war that has been underway for years by China’s military and foreign states, according to U.S. officials.

The English-language website of the military newspaper PLA Daily was shut down May 31 and users who went to the site were re-directed to “Poker City,” an online gambling website based in Shanghai, said officials familiar with intelligence reports of the incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"Unknown" hackers hacked the "official Chinese miitary newspaper" earlier in the month guess it is only just getting reported now,.

Recently security leaks from the current administration for Stuxnet, and Flame doesn't take a leap of logic to figure out who was responsible.

For years the Chinese have been hacking western business and military systems taking what they want at a cost of billions,

Hacking has been a two way street, but it seems only the west seems to ever catch any flack for it.

Imagine the Chinese "visiting" their military newspaper only to find "Poker City".

What say you?

Amerika being evil ?

freebeacon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think its fair enough. Its not like China and Russia dont employ espionage against America.

Anna Chapman is awesome.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I had to laugh at where the users of the online Chinese military newspaper were redirected as a result of the hack. "Poker City!" Those rascally Israelis or Americans have got a sense of humor. I am not saying those countries are responsible. Just thought I would get it out there to save other people the time. Since it is those two countries whom seem to be responsible for everything. Heck, it could be little Johnnie in Mama's basement after a Mountain Dew binge? I am sorry, but with all the hacking going and some it quite serious. This story gave me a laugh.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I wish I knew Chinese -I would really giving them some fires to put out....
I would make official rulings that would pardon all of the political prisoner immediately,put a 100% tarriff on exports and order everyone to work 80 hours every week manadory,

if that doesnt destroy our enemy nothing will.

edit on 21-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Had to have been some old and stodgy people who are not in the circles of the Anons. Had it been someone less official, instead of Poker City it would have redirected to tubgirl or something. Or Catfacts.

Poker City may be funny, but funny is for old people. What it lacks is LULZ
edit on 21-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Imagine the Chinese people,able to surf to net,with out having someone telling them NO ?

I don't feel bad for their Military,one bit.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I say, hack 'em, crack 'em and stack 'em.

The internet truly is the final, unconquered frontier. These types will stop at nothing to change that.

Perhaps they should change their attitudes regarding Taiwan and Tibet.

Eh China?

top topics

join