It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets talk with iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by vister74

The President of Iran and the PM of Israel are probably the most intelligent and highly educated world leaders today other than Putin; Obama could'nt keep up with them and is way out of his league intellectually.

Netanyahu is a crazy, warmongering criminal. I wouldn't call that "intelligent".

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Why is it the the same folks who want the world to get rid of nukes are okay or "for" Iran getting them?

edit on 21-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

Simply because the U.S. doesn't seem to invade countries that have a nuclear deterrent. For instance, I would love to see the world get rid of nuclear weapons, but I know the U.S. has proven that they would invade a country and murder millions if that country doesn't have a nuclear bomb. Of course, since the U.S. has a record of slaughtering millions of people for no good reason, they may invade and bomb even those countries with a nuclear bomb, anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The US invades countries who TRY to get nukes. So if your rationale is truly true, then if a country doesnt try to get nukes, then they wont be invaded. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by trysts

Why is it the the same folks who want the world to get rid of nukes are okay or "for" Iran getting them?

Simply because the U.S. doesn't seem to invade countries that have a nuclear deterrent. For instance, I would love to see the world get rid of nuclear weapons, but I know the U.S. has proven that they would invade a country and murder millions if that country doesn't have a nuclear bomb. Of course, since the U.S. has a record of slaughtering millions of people for no good reason, they may invade and bomb even those countries with a nuclear bomb, anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The US invades countries who TRY to get nukes. So if your rationale is truly true, then if a country doesnt try to get nukes, then they wont be invaded. Hmmmm.

Lol. The U.S. has never invaded a country trying to get "nukes". What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Iraq-1991, was said to have been 6 months away from a nuclear bomb.

Lol. The U.S. has never invaded a country trying to get "nukes". What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You can't talk to someone who doesn't want to listen. Everytime the UN attempts to sit down with Iran nothing gets accomplished. Iran continually shuts down the meetings and says that they should meet again in the future. They are stalling until the point where they can develop nuclear weapons and have more leverage.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
why dont the president of the united states, also the leaders of israel and iran go into a room and discuss why they dont trust each other and come to an understanding with each other and become friends?

Hi,
What an admirably innocent thing to ask!

Their problem, (IMO) is that all of them know that none of them are innocent, or worthy of trust.

We're taught to forgive, not accuse.
I don't know what they're taught, but I wish I did!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
You can't talk to someone who doesn't want to listen. Everytime the UN attempts to sit down with Iran nothing gets accomplished. Iran continually shuts down the meetings and says that they should meet again in the future. They are stalling until the point where they can develop nuclear weapons and have more leverage.

Well I would not let them out of the negoiation room until they do start talking. By not talking they are behaving like the spoilt child that always gets his/her way. Personally I would put them in a room with en suite facilities, and food and refreshments and lock the door until they do come up with a solution. The room would have no windows and no other door to exit the room out of. Sounds harsh? Well it is meant to be. We owe it to our children to give them Planet Earth in a reasonably good shape, and not leave them with a legacy of a nuclear wasteland. We would be dammed for all time. Not in my name thank you. Threads was bad enough and at least it was a film, which came terrifingly close to happening on two occasions in the Cold War. I dont particuarly want to see it being played out for real.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by vister74

The President of Iran and the PM of Israel are probably the most intelligent and highly educated world leaders today other than Putin; Obama could'nt keep up with them and is way out of his league intellectually.

Netanyahu is a crazy, warmongering criminal. I wouldn't call that "intelligent".

I concur!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Iraq-1991, was said to have been 6 months away from a nuclear bomb.

That propaganda is not why Iraq was bombed in the 90s.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It will play out as it is destined to. There is nothing that we can do to prevent it. One way or another it will all unfold. Unfortunately, weapons are not made to collect dust....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join