It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets talk with iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
why dont the president of the united states, also the leaders of israel and iran go into a room and discuss why they dont trust each other and come to an understanding with each other and become friends?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
why dont the president of the united states, also the leaders of israel and iran go into a room and discuss why they dont trust each other and come to an understanding with each other and become friends?

Cause you can't start a war that way.

They would not be able to make up propaganda about Iran and it's allies that way.

They would not be able to control the Middle East that way.

What, you actually think this is about nukes?

~Tenth

link   
I'm sorry but thank you for the comedy, I needed this today!

link   

Even if they dont become friends they can become associates that can work for better ways of the planet. Instead of sending potentially YOUTH from the WEST and EAST into WAR??? I like the idea, I know many wont/dont.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

nukes? where? who? what?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

good init

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I imagine Hilary Clinton saying that ........ not

Iran wants to talk and resolve issues
they have been trying but the other side refuse any chance of even the smallest talk
always walking away when Iran speak at the UN
when all leader suppose to listen to everyone trying to resolve issues in such UN meetings

Ahmadinejad challenges Obama to TV debate on solving world's problems

and this is from 2010
edit on 6/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The problem is the problems arent just between the US and Iran. There are lots of other countries involved as well....and the talks are happening. In fact, they held some just this week with the nations who have concerns.
edit on 21-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i know there are other countries involved, but if these key players shake on it wow what a result!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

If everyone thought like you my friend, we wouldn't have politics or politicians

Its all about personal interests. Major countries only invest in things that have an interest to them or will pay out in the long run. Being friends with Iran apparently doesn't suit the interests of these countries. And the Iranians aren't stupid they know that. So you gotta ask yourself: does Iran have an interest in not being friends with the US and Israel? Perhaps. Does the US or Israel have interests in waging war in the middle east? Most definitely

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

good answer, yeah i suppose thats about the jest of it, but what if mmm

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It's not a one-sided thing; Iran is rather obnoxious at the UN meetings and often accuses the USA of staging/lying about 9/11 in public. This obviously makes it hard for the two countries to be friendly with each other. Iran comes after the Syrian regime is toppled; it's only a question of whether Russia will comply with the demands of the West and allow for us to "aid the rebels," or whether Russia will put down its foot and say enough is enough.

I don't even know how were going to afford war with Iran; China sure as hell won't fund it like they did Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Iran is rather obnoxious at the UN meetings and often accuses the USA of staging/lying about 9/11 in public.

Iran is right and under threat because of these lies. If trust is to be established then reality must be recognised or else people are isolated in their own imaginary world. For Iran to trust the USA is like trusting a heroin addict as they are stuck in their own delusional world and ripping everybody off.

As for the Nukes, Iran has the right and obligation to self defence. If they get stupid with them then they fully know they will be annihilated. But will all the war calls going on it helps prevent them from being invaded.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

The President of Iran and the PM of Israel are probably the most intelligent and highly educated world leaders today other than Putin; Obama could'nt keep up with them and is way out of his league intellectually.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why is it the the same folks who want the world to get rid of nukes are okay or "for" Iran getting them?

edit on 21-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by Ben81

It's not a one-sided thing; Iran is rather obnoxious at the UN meetings and often accuses the USA of staging/lying about 9/11 in public. This obviously makes it hard for the two countries to be friendly with each other. Iran comes after the Syrian regime is toppled; it's only a question of whether Russia will comply with the demands of the West and allow for us to "aid the rebels," or whether Russia will put down its foot and say enough is enough.

I don't even know how were going to afford war with Iran; China sure as hell won't fund it like they did Afghanistan.

You have to remember, do really think their "leaders" have the backing of their citizens wishes? Rampant government in pursuit of their own objectives is not exclusive in the United States.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
^ Of course not....you are exactly right. Iran is FULL of progressive, pro-western, democratic youth but THE MULLAHS there will not let that happen. The Iranian people are great and could be able to do SO much if only their repressive leaders allowed them but instead the leaders keep them down and develop flying tanks and UFO's and such other madness.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What makes you think the President is in charge of this decision?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

FINALLY! The most common sense statement I have seen for ages. Star and flag for you!. I have always joked but in a serious way, if i were in charge of the UN I would ask Iran, North Korea into my perverbial office and sort things out. Lock those two nations in with the main super powers, ie USA, Russia, China, Japan, etc and dont let them out except for comfort breaks until they sort out their differences and stop behaving like school children in a school playground. Enough is enough. It is time for Humanity to grow up and sort itself out.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? how about for startes those are only 3 people and ARE NOT the populace of those countries. For another, those "leaders" will be replaced ina few years. This isnt the sschool play ground kids.

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

FINALLY! The most common sense statement I have seen for ages. Star and flag for you!. I have always joked but in a serious way, if i were in charge of the UN I would ask Iran, North Korea into my perverbial office and sort things out. Lock those two nations in with the main super powers, ie USA, Russia, China, Japan, etc and dont let them out except for comfort breaks until they sort out their differences and stop behaving like school children in a school playground. Enough is enough. It is time for Humanity to grow up and sort itself out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join