It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Karen Klein (Bullied Bus Monitor) be getting donations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I a
ctually just donated to Karens cause, but there has been some criticism for people donating to her. For the life of me, I don't understand why.

Is this something that should be rewarded when it's her job as a bus monitor?

I'm now on the fence.

Her fund is now at $250,000

edit on 21-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use
edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why should she be getting donations?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

That's my question.

To retort, why SHOULDN'T she be getting donations?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't understand the need for donations.

What happened to this woman sucks, for sure. However, why does money need to be involved?

$250,000 dollars for what purpose? All she needs is maybe $200 for some stun knuckles and a can of mace.
edit on 21-6-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As I saw they threatned to kill her then when she swore at them they were going to cause more trouble for them. She ought to take it and turn it into $1 bills and run naked through it and post THAT on youtube and see how they feel then. Shove the money in their stupid punk faces and laugh

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I don't see why not. She is an elderly woman and people feel bad that she was abused like that. No one has to give her anything but why not if they feel like it?

So many people now have to work even though they are in their old age and should be able to stop. In our town there are so many!

Things have changed so much, when i was a kid anyone using language like that to an adult would sure be sorry they did, and even being noisy on the bus when my kids were in school meant you could't have the privilege of riding the bus and boy that would make your parents mad if you got kicked off the bus, ask my son! :-)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nobody is required to donate to her. If you don't like the idea, take your stand and join millions of others by not donating. Meanwhile, no one requires your permission before they can donate. If they feel compelled, it's their decision alone.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

If it is not out of your own pocket why would you care either way?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Is that enough to buy a spine?

...or a clue as to how to be an adult?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
I actually just donated to Karens cause, but there has been some criticism for people donating to her. For the life of me, I don't understand why.

Is this something that should be rewarded when it's her job as a bus monitor?

I'm now on the fence.

edit on 21-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

What I have found in life is 9 times out of 10 your first instincts are good for you, just go with them and don't worry about what anyone thinks.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I agree, that Money is not the answer I was bullied all thru high school. As an adult i have been bullied in my job. However Money (while always nice to have) would NOT have made the situation better. She should not get money. Instead people could donate to charitys in her name. Or create an anti-Adult bullying campaign. No she should not get money unless she donates a chunk of it. People's hearts are in the right place, and they just want to do something to help her and make her feel better. However letters and cards showing thier love and support would do so much better. Sometimes Money really is not the answer. I applaued her courage and my heart and prayers go out to her.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No, I really don't believe she should be getting any money.

Do you think this is the first time that these kids did this to someone on the bus? She is there to enforce discipline and be the "schools eyes" on the bus. My big question is why she did not do her job and get a list of the kids and write them up instead of ignoring them to begin with.
edit on 21-6-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This money should be going to something more useful ..

Such as educating children on bullying, and standing up for each other. I just don't see how money will help her.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

edit on 21-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well if you go to the donation site...you will find they said it was that she deserved a holiday and they set 5000dollar amount...i do not think they expected such a response to the situation....Maybe if she is kind of heart she will donate a lot of it as a fund to fight bullying....or a fund to help those who themselves have been bullied....It could turn out to be a good thing If she can find it in her heart to do so....It is not a bad thing to help this lady out...and it is sad that it has come down to money...but the money could go to do some good.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why the heck shouldn't she take the money? She didn't ask for the fund to be set up, in fact she didn't even report the matter as ithe situation was just routine for her, but she needed the job so put up with it! I hope she gets enough so that she can retire in comfort immediately...that'll stick two fingers up to all those nasty little yobs!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by amongus

Is that enough to buy a spine?

...or a clue as to how to be an adult?

A little harsh. She is an elderly lady who is lucky to have a job in this economy. If she did anything to those kids, it would have been on film as well....and she would have been reprimanded for it. Guaranteed.

I think the donations are a great way to show support, but 250k is a bit excessive.

link   
And as for spending money on anti-bullying campaigns..yeah they've been really sucessful so far and I don't see why any more money should be thrown at horrible little oiks telling them that it's not nice to bully people, when if they had a decent upbringing they should know that already...

Nah I think it's a far bigger lesson that these kids see what the world thinks of them and what the world thinks of their victim!

link   
There is no should or shouldn't...it's a personal decision.

If someone feels like they want to donate some money because of the crap she had to sit through...it is there decision...no one can say it is right or wrong.

Also, no one can say what she should do with the money...that is entirely up to her.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The IRS will take a lot of it.

But I have nothing against people donating it to her.

If it were me I'd invest it and then retire on it, and give some to charity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join