It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Internet' awards Bullied Bus Monitor 190K (and rising) to show nice people DO exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just watched the video of the children harassing the bus monitor lady.
I do not know who to be more disappointed in: the kids or their parents.
Children are an impeccable mirror of society. In this case, a sad mirror.

But, shortly after watching that video I saw a friend of mine post this story on facebook:

An Indiegogo fundraiser in her name has pulled in more than $190,000 to send her on her way. (The amount continues to rise; we’ll update the numbers as it does.) The fundraiser was started by Reddit user Max Sidorov of Toronto, Canada. When Sidorov heard about Klein’s salary — $15,506, according to a district website — he decided she did not make enough money to have to put up with that type of harassment.

“As soon as I heard of Karen Huff Klein … I had to create a fundraiser here for this nice lady,” Sidorov writes in his profile. “Let’s give Karen a vacation of a lifetime, let’s show her the power of the internets and how kind and generous people can be.”

The reasoning behind the fundraiser was personal, in way. “I’ve had experience with bullying from school.” Sidorov told Mashable. “I know how bad it can feel.”

(Full story - mashable.com...)

I think this is a beautiful example of human generosity and compassion.

There is a spiritual battle going on in the world right now in which
the dark is getting darker
and to counter
the light is growing brighter.

So do not let the hatred and anger of anyone, especially physically/emotionally neglected children.
Their anger is only a symptom of their drowning in pool of confusion and the lack of love.

Spread love and light and kindness, even to those who disrespect us.

Have a blessed day, guys.

Link to the indiegogo fundraiser - www.indiegogo.com...
edit on 21-6-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The thing I hate about fund raisers is you never know. 200k raised so far, it would seem that I could make a video of some kids picking on me and poof I have 200k.

I want to think positive and I really do hope the money gets to that woman. But you never know...
I hope they film it when they tell her.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
hey good people do exist

I bet those kids feel pretty stupid for recording themselves being jackasses.
As I watched the video I thought it would be sickly hilarious if the old woman came back the next day and blew all those jerk kids away. Sure, tragic, but a helpful reminder.... for everyone else.

Anyway, I hope she enjoys her vacation and oodles of money.
Poor kids are probably going to get their phones taken away for a little while. so sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Fox news just covered the story and plugged the fund, so I'm sure you're going to see the amount jump up a good bit.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am very happy to hear this!

Those kids deserve some kind of punishment for being such monsters. Imagine what they'll be like as adults???

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't understand. She is a bus monitor, right? Isn't it her job to make sure the kids are acting right on the bus? Why didn't she just write them up to punish them like she was supposed to?

She is being rewarded for not doing her job?

In an interview (I think) she even said that this happens more than once, so she is being paid to sit on a bus since she is not doing her job of writing up bad kids...

top topics

join