It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Walls Rant V: Sciency Thing-a-ma-jigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well what could my Rant be about....

lets get into the mind set first

Three very bright men

Sagan,Hawking, and Clarke
(note complaint about education)

Feynman

Quantum Physics

We have our brain caps on and messaged ..... good

keep this in mind as you read....

Scientific Method

Scientific method refers to a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.[1] To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[2] The Oxford English Dictionary says that scientific method is: "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."[3]

problem, hypothesis, experiment, observation, conclusion

which includes a very important part

Reproducibility

Reproducibility is the degree of agreement between measurements or observations conducted on replicate specimens in different locations by different people. Reproducibility is part of the precision of a test method.[1]

the reproduction of scientific methods experiments to see if observed experiments and conclusions match

This is science

"Well Kent no offense, Common Sense..."

Your right except it is not Common Sense(which is rare not common) It is properly called Horse sense

At this point I have noticed one thing about several arguments.

It seems they are all after control of your thoughts...
Politics, Religion, History, and Science...ect

Behavior Modifacation

Behavior modification is the use of empirically demonstrated behavior change techniques to increase or decrease the frequency of behaviors, such as altering an individual's behaviors and reactions to stimuli through positive and negative reinforcement of adaptive behavior and/or the reduction of behavior through its extinction, punishment and/or satiation. Most behavior modification programs currently used are those based on Applied behavior analysis (ABA), formerly known as the experimental analysis of behavior which was pioneered by B. F. Skinner.

I think the horse sense approach is required with all sides....

Check your pocket(or purse) for your wallet....make sure your money is still there...

So what metrics would you suggest...

That is the first problem... you should be developing your own Twain/Clemens skills.. As a parent this was the method I operated on.

But I do give hints....

-What are the persons qualifications?
This means checking out stories and checking out sources

-Personal evals
what does this person gain
have they mislead me before
track record overall?
what emotions are they trying to elicit

------------------------------------------------\
BYThe ProphetMark

An Extremely High Tech Civilization Definitely existed in the distant Past of our Planet

This one caught my interest because of a history test from eighth grade.

Screw you Mrs. Bedrock

I mention this thread because you need to learn to question the motives of the historians who wrote and taught history. Do your own thinking...

A lot of evidence points IMHO in the direction of india having a much longer hstory then the british wanted to give credit

www.space.com...

read the article and post what you think

ice-water- moon easy to read

but the thinking part

It says two thing yes ice may be on the moon
yes ice may not be on the moon

As someone else posted, it is about what space travel...blah blah blah

www.nytimes.com...

read the article-
(note I love using wikipedia because it pisses people off
)

Higgs Boson

The Higgs boson is a hypothetical elementary particle predicted by the Standard Model (SM) of particle physics. It belongs to a class of particles known as bosons, characterized by an integer value of their spin quantum number. The Higgs field is a quantum field with a non-zero value that fills all of space, and explains why fundamental particles such as quarks and electrons have mass. The Higgs boson is an excitation of the Higgs field above its ground state.

Use your noggin, can you see a third reason

Mine is beginning to think funding is coming up soon... the excitement of what it could mean is real... however it is the same as when begun. They may have found it... we will find out at this event...

you either found it or your didnt which is it... it is a carnie... step right up

next...

Robot skin built with touch superior to humans

Researchers today published a study in Frontiers in Neurorobotics said said a specially designed robot built to mimic the human fingertip can actually outperform a living person in identifying a wide range of materials, based on textures.

I was nice on this one and posted the info... I liked this because of what it means..

besides robot prostitutes everywhere advancing to a new level

it means prosthetic will advance a huge amount... which means american vets can afford them in about another 20 years

to be continued -
quantum chips and a few other sciency whachamacalits

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Worlds first programmable Quantum chip

A team of engineering geniuses from the University of Bristol, England has developed the world’s first re-programmable, multi-purpose quantum photonic computer chip that relies on quantum entanglement to perform calculations.

reading the article my hopes are up.... once available for use....

evil lol

Iron Man becomes feasible on the comics level

Plus a few other devices.... feasible from fantasy.... sci fi

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Internal Bacteria....

The internal enzymes in a person's digestive system is indicative of they type of person they are, as much as a person's blood type defines them, scientists say. Each human being is host to thousands of different species of microbes - and according to researchers, only three distinct ecosystems have been identified in the guts of people they have studied.

You are colonized by bacteria in your mother...(microbes)

Our Microbes, Ourselves

Gut bacteria's key role in immunity is tuned to the host species, researchers have found, suggesting that the superabundant microbes lining our digestive tract evolved with us—a tantalizing clue in the mysterious recent spike in human autoimmune disorders.

A new study reports that the superabundance of microbial life lining our GI tracts has coevolved with us. These internal bacteria, which are essential for a healthy immune system, are ultimately our evolutionary partners. In other words, humans may have coevolved with gut bacteria unique to humans, which are not immunologically functional in other mammals.

The bugs inside you...

want a funny mind screw... how would this effect evolution?
say the speeds it would have taken place

join