It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else attend the Dalai Lama event in Manchester?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Last weekend I went to Manchester as the Dalai Lama was holding an event there and it was free for people under twenty-five. There were two other events as well I believe, but I only attended the first one. Russell Brand hosted the event, which as he readily admitted seemed an odd choice, but I think he did a good job and I think the Dalai Lama was perhaps making a point, considering Brand's past life problems.

It was Called Stand Up and Be the Change and was very interesting. I was wondering if anybody else went and what did you think? Has anybody else ever met the Dalai Lama or attended an event by him? I'm not a Buddhist, but I find some aspects of Buddhist philosophy interesting and a lot of what the Dalai Lama said resonated with me. Things which on the surface seem simple and perhaps idealistic, but are actually quite profound.

Overall I was really glad for the opportunity to hear him talk and I plan to read some of the Dalai Lama's books in the near future.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I saw him talk in Sydney about 10 years ago (it was a huge event). I've seen his house too in Dharamsala, India. A very simple dwelling, in keeping with his modest monk persona.

I am not a buddhist, but I just love watching him talk and interact with other people. He just seems to radiate so much love and joy - it's amazing. I think a true spiritual leader speaks through their actions, not their words, and he is the embodiment of that.

I hope he hangs around for a few more years.

Peace Out

new topics

join