It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Bell Stone Anti-Mushroom/UFO - What does it all mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Accidentally chose this fora. Help mods..!!

Hey guys, long time out but have been following the alleged Baltic UFO since it's discovery. I can't say that I was too disapointed to find out it wasn't technological in nature but some kind of never before seen rock formation.... Or is it? I've read down through the Ocean Explorer postings over and over and still can't make heads or tails what theyre actually saying.

Upon seeking guidance from the learned folks of ATS I am no closer to finding out the full story., like so much else it seems.!

Opinions about what exactly has been found have been fragmented at best, with many people understanding it to be enormous, aquatic fungi, one guy proposed it's the infamous Nazi Bell, some say it is something left behind by a past civilisation and others calling the Ocean Explorer team's bluff crying "cover up! Cover up!"

I blame none of you for your outcomes and am not here knock other threads as they are all based on something that had been implied or stated by the dive team and are valid contributions.... except maybe the Nazi Bell. That's conclusion jumping.

The point of this thread is to uncover and make clear for all exactly what this object, deep in the Baltic, is. And then, to identify it's significance.
I wanted to start by disecting the Ocean Explorer postings. Firstly, the annunciation that the team had uncovered heightened and abnormal "radiation" on their anchor after they had first identified the USO with sonar.

incredible, we have measured the radiative value of the anchors we used. It’s quite intriguing, the normal level of radiation is 0,1 milli Sieverts and we get 0,63 when measuring on the anchors. It’s far from dangorus levels but still; it’s 6 times higher than a normal level of radiation. The anchors have been on the bottom like 2-3 kilometers from the circle, so one can wonder if we will get higher values of radiation the closer we get of the circle?

INCREDIBLE. This is a scientific measurement. Great way to set the tone for a potential technological discovery. The only problem is, this is the first and last we hear about the rads.
Implications of this? This impacts on the ability of the divers to dive safely and I don't think there is any rock formation or mushroom known to man that produces radiation six times higher than normal. The flip side of this is the anchor was 2-3 kilometers away from the object in questionso perhaps it was something else.

Moving on to the post stating that their ship, the Ancylus had reached the site.

The ship Ancylus, carrying the Ocean X Team, is now anchored above the circle-shaped object. They started to scan the seabed and they are taking samples for analyses. Due to really bad weather conditions the operation took a little bit longer than scheduled. But they are working hard and prepare to dive down there for further investigations today.

This post is nominal enough. Not much information provided but that in itself is something. NEXT!
The post claiming "something unusual"

The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week.

Cue an eight day wait for more information of ANY kind. The team doesn't reveal much after it's first visual confirmation of the object. I have to say, and maybe it's just me... But if I were leading that team, the first thing I'd do would be to tell the world... Get a picture out there you know?? They however choose to be coy.
Implications of this? The team could ofcourse be busy giving themselves time to further identify what they were dealing with, the team could also be using this time (if they had found something earth shattering) going through the proper chanels and alerting some government somewhere for what to do next.

Time? Yes... That becomes an issue here. As Ive said before, eight days until another update. This is eight days since the divers had made contact with the object and nine since they'd arrived. This doesn't sit well with me. Internet connection can be a b**** sometimes but eight days after posting a mysterious, amazo post with the whole world hanging on their every utterance doesn't make sense.

Please find below first updates from Ocean X Team in Swedish media.
Swedish media

This post.... Ough..... This post...!!!! Firstly, it's the video they are directing you to here. Some of you may not have seen it as it takes a minute for the video player to initialise. It is at the top of the page.

This is ridiculous. If these guys had found anything of interest it would be on Reuters AFP or BBC or the Times and that includes if it was a newly discovered species of giant underwater mushroom!!! Instead, it's on a Swedish tabloid. Also., the lack of photographs of the object. The dive team had at this stage had eight days at the site to take us some lovely photos. Instead, there are three.... Maybe four photos of obscured marine terrain one of which looks man made and the others might as well have been taken of muck and rocks. The photographs I speak of are featured in the Swedish news story on the above link.

The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

O.k. Because I wasn't there, I can only speculate on the description of the object. And that's no good.!! However, I can say "WHY DIDN'T YOU RELEASE/TAKE PICTURES OF THE "EGG SHAPED HOLE" OR MARK OUT WHAT EXACTLY YOU ARE LOOKING AT IN THE PHOTO'S THAT WERE RELEASED. ALL YOU'RE DOING IS FURTHER MUDYING SOME ALREADY VERY MUDDY WATER."

These, people, are the postings from the OceanExplorer.se website as well as conjecture as to their meanings and the potential thought train cul de sacs that are sure to confuse every reader.

Before I let y'all have a read of this I just want to say something about the Oceanexplorer.se website. In the images link at the top of the afore mentioned web page, scroll down to the very bottom. You will find this picture. It is of the Baltic Sea UFO but is clearly an artists impression. What is the point in haveing this? All their other photos are of crew, vessels and dives. Why even have that.?

Ontop of this.... On the main sight with the postings from the crew, the webpage background is yet another, different picture of the Baltic UFO that, i'm going to go out on a limb and say it's another artist's impression. These guys love their artists. Anyway... I'm keen to hear what you all have to say about the episode and to perhaps put it to bed.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some related threads for you to peruse and pursue:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P.s I understand there are many threads about this but I have a feeling alot of folks aren't clear.

I also get that this is alot to read, but it's worth the five minutes I think!!!!!!!!

edit on 20-6-2012 by TuXXXeR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is the first picture taken from site. It shows how smooth and symmetrical object is.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Thanks!

Id seen one from the side that showed it's smoothness but not so much together. Man made object comes to mind immediately. Any link where this and others can be found?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

Because they are full of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a stone out cropping that was smoothed and shaped during the last ice age when those layers of snow were in place at that location....that is a speculation based on the rather limited info we have at the moment

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I cant believe how many people on this site think its an aquatic fungus. The explorer website never said it was a mushroom, they said it was mushroom SHAPED because at the edges of the large dome it curved sharply inwards. LTR.

Clarification: The headline of the initial version of this story gave the impression that the Baltic Sea anomaly is an actual mushroom. The story correctly quoted the on-site investigators who described the submerged object appearing like a mushroom. As this story progresses and analysis is conducted on samples of the undersea object, updates will be forthcoming.
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com... n_1594371.html
edit on 20-6-2012 by IntegratedInstigator because: Proof of claim

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've been following the page, their facebook group and the forums and I've also read some articles criticizing the team for their improper use of the 2d side scan sonar .. as well as their procedures with it .. Suffice to say I agree with the professionals in that regard, as evident by the simple fact that the object looked nothing like what the diver's actually found.. ( popular mechanics article said it may not since it appears the sonar had a wiring issue ) .. The team also did not do a second pass after the initial discovery to even verify it ..

I think we have a natural formation of some sort which could possibly indicate an active volcano at some point in the past, a lava mound .. but it could also be that the sea level has risen so high that an actual artifact has been found that was being worked by earlier humans in that region .. I tend to lean towards the natural formation idea.

The "trail" I believe to be nothing but a sediment trail and the rock is acting like a barrier blocking the natural slow movement on the ocean floor ( yes there is a current, but it's very small ) .. so over many many years it would cause something like that..

It's a great find for science and geology, but it's far from anything other worldly in my opinion...
edit on 6/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator
I cant believe how many people on this site think its an aquatic fungus. The explorer website never said it was a mushroom, they said it was mushroom SHAPED because at the edges of the large dome it curved sharply inwards. LTR.

Exactly - they were referring to a mushroom to describe it's shape, nothing more.. it's been referred to also as rock .. Maybe it's a new breed .. Rockroom

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In short, all of the hype that Ocean Explorers is generating is for one thing.

Money for funding thier other wreckage investigations.

Scam, Spin, Hoax, call it what you will but it all boils down to them wanting more money.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Here is the first picture taken from site. It shows how smooth and symmetrical object is.

There have been plenty of rocks/stones/formations found in the world that have similar shapes.. the facebook page has had dozens of examples throughout the world.. while it's cool and all, it's hardly indicative of something earth shattering or terribly unique..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Cant be the nazi bell unless more than one was built. Its at wright patterson air force base along with the roswell object. Nazi bell wrecked in pennsylvania remember?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It would be neat if they could verify that it is solid rock and rule out something that could possibly be encased in wht appears to be rock. Those surfaces were some smooth and almost looked machined like they were created by a giant router. Could be they were caused by the earths shifting and such but I like to hyper speculate while there still is no definitive confirmation.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Cant be the nazi bell unless more than one was built. Its at wright patterson air force base along with the roswell object. Nazi bell wrecked in pennsylvania remember?

I live right next to wright patterson .. I can see it from my window .. I'll have to go knock on their door and ask to see this thing =) jk

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Think of it as a monolith as found on the Moon in the movie 2001.

....or at least, have fun with that concept until something more indicative appears as a TV special.

No doubt contracts are being faxed to the ship as we discuss....

If it is something extremely important to the human race, the winner for the rights will go to the National Geographic. Anything less interesting will go to some outfit that does Discovery /i] Channel shows.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yep, within the archaeology community you know you have found success when you have the National Geo do a documentary on your find.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

Tell me about it. That is partly why this thread exhists in the first place... But the Ocean Explorer team didn't make it very clear what exactly it was.... They did say stone but "more like a mushroom" Some simple deduction and carefull reading of their phrasing and you'll get it but alot of peeps just skimming threads for key words like UFO etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Hahaha... At least the next series of Ancient Aliens has some new content they can pilfer... Though I do give the Ancient Alien theory credit to an extent!

Im suprised there isn't any theory that this is exactly that, a monolith or some stone structure left behind by a civilisation extinct millenia ago.??? Wonder when that area was uncovered by water if ever...

top topics

join