It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BEST marriage proposal EVA! Can you top this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
i LOVE flash dance mobs. LOVE them. and would love to partake in one....me and some friends are seriously considering putting one together with a bunch of kids here......

Go for it. A great opportunity to hand out free smiles.

(Dramatic music)
        I dare joo!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think proposals like people, should be unique, so in some way every persons proposal should be the best eva! , and how it is done should not be a measuring stick, for how much he loves her.

If this is an add, its understandable What concerns me is how they pump up the expectations for a proposal to another level. Humans tend to judge the quality of the significant events in their lives by the "grand" celebration surrounding it. You can see how the media are already pushing for competition amongst weddings, commercializing its purposes, and again gearing people toward competition, and one man upmanship ,to prove their love to their chosen life partner, and to the outside world.

I've already read one comment which allured to the husband not being up to par with this guy. I can see this sort of proposal starting a fad , and a competitive slant and pressure to live up to expectations, about what should be a joyous ,very romantic ,and personal moment in someones life. Next we'll have a TV show , on the "best" proposals, putting what should be personal and romantic into the level of a freak show , putting pressure on society to prove their worth to another .

I think how people envision their ideal wedding proposal is very much an individual thing. I personally would not want a big song and dance as such , and I think maybe a bit offended if others, especially so many others were part of my very personal romantic moment. I would take beautiful fireworks off in the distance, on boat on beautiful clear glass lake, with no others around over an overly hyped arrangement in the form of a flash dance.
Thats just me though, and each to their own, if they truly enjoy it, and want it that way. I just hope people will not begin to compare the love a man has for his woman , by the grandiosity of the proposal. There is enough pressure for weddings to become a status symbol.

edit on 15-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join