It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet of the Apes Begins? (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Does this mean we can train them to do our crappy jobs?

or should we just wait for robots...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Heres some food for thought,why hasnt anyone grafted a set of vocal chords into a primate yet???or constructed a facsimle out of their own body some how.
Then we would really see what they have to say,my cat can ask me different things or indicate different needs or preferences or even emotions by useing different meows,but he never made a single meow until he was over a year old and met another cat,just s cry when he was little,not one single meow,just a few purrs and some purlling.

But when he met another loud and hyperactive cat he immediatly incorporated his meows and started useing them with me,so he had acess to TWO different language bases and integrated the cats meowing into the informal one he and I had already established.

He even relates specific sounding meows to the other cats behaviours that dont match his own personality or meows.He will for example sit by a door he wants opened that is the door to the other cats room and he will use that cats meow to ask to get in,NOT his own meow that he uses to get in all other doors.

I think all animals could talk if we could spend time trying to understand them,and the languages they already have.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Heres some food for thought,why hasnt anyone grafted a set of vocal chords into a primate yet???or constructed a facsimle out of their own body some how.

I'd imagine that would work as well as grafting wings to a cat.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

yea i think there is a dynamic between the program of complex language jumbled around with thought and understanding of the complex meanings of words and concepts of language that allows for communication,,,,, i dont think cats would be able to express much,,,, hungry,,, bored,,, itchy,,, playey.,,, I cant think of much more...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
Color This Chimp Amazing

Apparently a chimp, Ayumu, in Japan has a memory that seems to leave a human's own in the dust.

Now if we can only get him to stop eating and throwing his poop...........

All kidding aside, it's pretty impressive what some chimps can do / be taught.
edit on 20-6-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Errrr... this news is as old as the hills, I saw that video several years ago...

Nothing remotely new here, there have been many major breakthroughs since this...
edit on 20/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

This news is from 2 days ago, quote "Sciencenews.org"

But I guess if you've seen one monkey pressing buttons you've seen them all. Still, might want to check the dates of the articles before you go saying things that are impossible.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by thegagefather
Color This Chimp Amazing

Apparently a chimp, Ayumu, in Japan has a memory that seems to leave a human's own in the dust.

Now if we can only get him to stop eating and throwing his poop...........

edit on 20-6-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

lmfao

Star for you, good sir.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Yes I saw the date on the article and I can only conclude they wrote an article about an old video to get more website traffic. It's the exact same video I saw before, it's not a new one.
edit on 21/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yes I saw the date on the article and I can only conclude they wrote an article about an old video to get more website traffic. It's the exact same video I saw before, it's not a new one.
edit on 21/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I would agree...... I have heard nothing about this on the Radio or local Detroit News on TV or Paper. Lasalle Bank hasn't been around for quite a few years.....this has to be an old story.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Can't wait until he finds a cure for cancer, diabetes and MS.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I have watched a documentary about that monkey.The explanation that was given by the scientists was that apes need excellent short term memory for survival in the wilderness,while humans have lost it on account of our language skills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join