It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems say GOP willing to sacrifice the country to defeat Obama in '12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
story from The Hill
By Mike Lillis - 06/19/12

Dems say GOP willing to sacrifice the country to defeat Obama in '12

With most legitimate arguments drying up faster than water in the desert, the Democrats are Still pointing the fingers at Republicans in Congress.

This continuing accusation of Republicans somehow stalling anything and everything that might make Obama and Democrats "look good" politically is getting old and stale.

The Republican efforts to reduce the wild spending is more like it. Not to mention that much of the Democrat "insistence" is so far fetched and fiscally irresponsible.

They never seem to answer why they never solved any of these problems during the 111th Congress from January 2009 thru January 2011 when the Dems had control of all Congressional committees and the full blessing of the White House .... they started the wild binge spending during that time frame.

How come nothing real positive for the majority of Americans during the 111th Congress ????
(chicken feed and bird splat don't count !!)

The Democrats also seem to be blockading just about anything that makes sense coming from the Republicans.

Many view the Democrats as proposing unrealistic legislation that leave the Republicans little or no choice, and therefore allowing Democrats to cast blame for election purposes.

House Democratic leaders this week are intensifying accusations that Republicans want to sink the economy simply to defeat President Obama in November.

The Democrats say House GOP leaders are sitting on a host of proposals – some of them with broad bipartisan support – that could create jobs immediately. Republicans are refusing to bring those bills to the floor, the Democrats charge, because an improved economy could play to Obama's advantage in the polls.

"We have enormous tasks in front of us and an obstructionist Congress that refuses to deal with these realities. This is creating a perfect storm for November," Rep. John Larson (Conn.), chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, told reporters in the Capitol Tuesday.

I think the Obama Campaign is doing a great job of lessening Obama's chances of a 2nd term.

Get ready for "Romney Two Term"

Here is part of the Democrat's problem

"The Republicans will say they sent 30 bills over to the Senate. They sent 30 pieces of message over to the Senate," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said earlier in the month. "We don’t need 30 message bills, we need one good bill, one good bipartisan bill and that’s the transportation bill."
Maybe 30 small bills would actually be the answer ?? All the "one big" bills have been failing.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The country witnessed the obstructionists congress fight over the budget battles, and the country has a 15% approval rating for congress and I do think its fair to say that this congress would rather allow America to fail before they would reach across the aisle to make agreements that would be good for the entire nation.

They can not see past there ideology, and it seems they have taken a all or nothing approach. We will see if they win or lose the up coming election.

edit on 20-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Classic liberal tactic - when all else fails blame the republicans. 

They can sense the turning tide and they know the conservative tsunami is coming. 

Hold on to your life-time medical benefits and fat pensions, boys! It's going to be a rough few years for you turds in DC!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The country witnessed the obstructionists congress fight over the budget battles, and the country has a 15% approval rating for congress and I do think its fair to say that this congress would rather allow America to fail before they would reach across the aisle to make agreements that would be good for the entire nation.

They can not see past there ideology, and it seems they have taken a all or nothing approach. We will see if they win or lose the up coming election.

edit on 20-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

Yes, Congress sure does take it on the chin.

I think it's been worse however.

A December 15, 2010 survey says 83% disapproval and 13% approval !!!!

That was still the Democrat infested controlled 111th Congress.

Congress' Job Approval Rating Worst in Gallup History (December 15, 2010)

I wonder why the Democrats don't reach across the aisle ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I wonder why the Democrats don't reach across the aisle ?

Have Republicans been reaching across the aisle?

The hypocrisy in the democrat vs republican debate is astounding. Of course, this is to be expected in an election year but the inability of each side to see their own faults is quite evident.

BOTH republicans and democrats will absolutely # this country and every one of its citizens over in their relentless pursuit of votes and funding. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a sucker.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

When republicans call for bipartisanship it means "you give a little, I'll give a little, and we'll work together to achieve a mutually beneficial piece of legislation that's good for America."  

When liberals call for bipartisanship what they really mean is "Come on, guys, just give up everything you're asking for and do it our way because we know we're right."

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When republicans call for bipartisanship it means "you give a little, I'll give a little, and we'll work together to achieve a mutually beneficial piece of legislation that's good for America."

When liberals call for bipartisanship what they really mean is "Come on, guys, just give up everything you're asking for and do it our way because we know we're right."

I think you have that backwards.

Who was it that held up passing raising the debt ceiling to the point that the credit rating of the US fell for the first time in history?

Who was it that held up passing any type of continuing resolution on the budget, to the point that the government nearly shut down, till the rich got to keep the Bush era tax cuts?

Who was it that insisted on wasting their first day in the new congress and millions of tax payer dollars by reading the US Constitution in it's entirety?

Who is it that continuously bitched about bombing Libya yet constantly cries to bomb Iran?

The GOP has control of the House of Representatives, they have 242 members to Democrats 190.

And in the Senate they have 47 seats to the Democrats 53

So, with a majority in the House and nearly dead even in the Senate for well over a year, how come they haven't fixed a damn thing?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Why are you still falling for political misdirection? The parties and the politics are all fake. The CFR and whatever is behind it runs America. War, debt and a debased society. That is what you get more of no matter who is in office. Why do you refuse to see this. Why is it so difficult for people to pull the political bias programming out of their personality? Realize that you have been conditioned to defend party politics since you were a child. While you democrats and republicans are defending politicians and politics your leaders have been making plans that enslave you all.

I just read back through this thread and what I say above is so obvious. Blind people who are fighting each other and are so confused as to why things happen the way they do. It is all fake and a distraction. Accept this and everything will fall into place for you.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I was writing a similar argument, I deleted it.

It's pretty amazing people are easily turned against each other for fictional ideologies.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What a joke!! Everyone knows that there is absolutely nothing left to sacrifice. Obama has already done it all. The GOP will actually be in full tilt reconstruction mode if Obama loses. From domestic issues to Foreign affairs, Obama has made a mockery of the United States to the point where are own allies can no longer trust us.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by drwizardphd

You must be suffering from a severe case of oxymoronism! You do realize that it's the GOP who views the word "compromise" as a dirty word, don't you?

The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance" not Display Ignorance, just thought you should know that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gee, what an original idea.

I wonder where they got it from?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Democrats have long been known as the party of crazy.

Now they are proving it every day.

While I am by no means a republican, it is becoming more and more evident liberalism is indeed a mental disorder. These people are so far detached from reality it isnt even funny anymore. Their solution to everything is "MORE GOVERNMENT"!.

A group of people simply couldnt be more wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter, I can't foresee anything (shy of the press coming in taping Obama in full Muslim garb praying to Mecca) that will give Romney more votes than Obama in the upcoming election.

Just isn't going to happen. We're stuck with this guy for 4 more years....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

So, with a majority in the House and nearly dead even in the Senate for well over a year, how come they haven't fixed a damn thing?

Just to add

Congress logs most futile legislative year on record

By Stephen Dinan

The Washington Times

Sunday, January 15, 2012

It’s official: Congress ended its least-productive year in modern history after passing 80 bills — fewer than during any other session since year-end records began being kept in 1947.

Furthermore, an analysis by The Washington Times of the scope of such activities as time spent in debate, number of conference reports produced and votes taken on the House and Senate floors found that Congress set a record for legislative futility by accomplishing less in 2011 than any other year in history.

www.washingtontimes.com...

See here is the crux of it...

10 years ago it was Spending vs. Less Spending....

Now the GOP platform is anti-government, government "bad"...

So in thier world view sabotage, obstructionism etc. is GOOD.

Thus a National Default, A Failed Economy, High Unemployment....all fair game...Government "bad"...darwinism "good"...those not already rich simply missed the boat...from here on out it is loot and pillage and burn it down.

It is not Conservative vs. Liberal anymore in DC. It is Democrat vs. Anti-Government...no regulations..no envirornmental protections...no help for the middle class....no safety net...and subsidies and tax breaks for the wealthy until the party is over (looting).

How can you compromise with a party that believes that government itself is always "bad"? They don't want to compromise...they are proud of getting nothing done. They are there to destroy not help.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The same power controls both parties. Understand that and you will never be confused again about why things happen that happen. But then to do this you must first divorce yourself from your political programming and that is like cutting off your arms ain't it.

new topics

top topics

join