It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we worried about our Nuclear power plants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
For awhile now, the government has been hootin and hollering about a potential terrorist attack on our nuke plants..

poststuff2.entensity.net...

After watching this video, I honestly don't see why they think it's a problem.

This plane smashing into a concrete wall designed to protect our nuclear materials.. its going 500mph and gets vaporized...

More scare tactics from our government?

Or is there a signifigant difference with a F4 Phanton jet and a 757?

(awesome video btw)

[edit on 10/5/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't think they're worried about a plane crash tactic...moreso sabatage triggering a 3 mile island style meltdown...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Considering that chernobyl was blown apart because of steam pressure, I think everyone should be worried about this. Surely explosives of sufficient power can blast thru these defense walls. And is every plant reinforced in this way?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission sent a confidential memo to power plants nationwide last week warning of plans for a terrorist attack in which hijackers are to "fly a commercial aircraft into a nuclear power plant." If fighter jets intervene, the plan calls for terrorists to divert the "mission to any tall building."

www.cnn.com...

Perhaps the government isnt worried about it, but the NRC is?

Just seems a little premature and poorly thought out warning

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
See my post in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Page 1, I do the calculations to compare the force of an F-4 (pictured) to that of a 757. It doesn't look promising...an F-4 has significantly less mass than a 757.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I live about 3 miles from the Oyster Creek NP in New Jersey and for awhile they had Army guards stationed at all the entrances to the plant.

I don't know why they would waste the taxpayers money when this is one of the plants that very well could suffer from a terrorist attack by air.

www.app.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission sent a confidential memo to power plants nationwide last week warning of plans for a terrorist attack in which hijackers are to "fly a commercial aircraft into a nuclear power plant." If fighter jets intervene, the plan calls for terrorists to divert the "mission to any tall building."

Granted then, such a threat is pretty unlikely to manifest....

new topics

top topics

join