It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circle/sun anomaly...Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Greetings all!

My friend just took this pic and posted with this comment on facebook. Anyone have any ideas to why it would do this? Is there some kind of safety feature built in the camera? Glare? Double exposure? Camera fritz (those happen, right?) Doesn't seem to fall 'neatly' into those categories, but I'm looking with an untrained eye.

Camera used was a Nikon Cool Pix. Time: sunset. Place: San Luis Valley, USA

So I ask you ATS, what say you?

"I think this is the most bizarre thing I've ever had show up in a photo... I took a picture of a bright red sunset and other than the bushes it turned out all white, so I turned down the brightness and saw this. What in the world??? Did I capture the SLV Vortex on film? Did I somehow take a picture of my own lens? What is this?? "

*I got permission prior to posting this.*

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That is strange,and i have no idea what it could be!

More than likely a sensor overload but i am sure someone more knowledgable regarding photography can confirm this or not.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That is crazy, but im sure there is a logical explanation for it. I thought it would just show a black dot where the sun would be, but not this. maybe its a new safety thing built into the camera as the op suggested.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's an albino lens flare...

Seriously though, that is weird. It almost looks photoshopped because the edges are so smooth and the circles are perfect as well. But you would know that if it were the case I assume?

It will be interesting to see what the resident photo experts think of it!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

I was concentrating on the lower left of the pic where the outer ring meets the earth...does it continue?could be the safety sticker on the lens
...just a thought

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

I was concentrating on the lower left of the pic where the outer ring meets the earth...does it continue?could be the safety sticker on the lens
...just a thought

Yeah i was looking at that to and it doesn't appear to continue, also you can see a slight red glare on the trees below the circle.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Alrighty... I asked about a sticker... nopers.

Here's a reply to a question she just answered about the photo...

"the pic was almost all white (other than the trees) and I had taken a pic of a red sun at sunset. So I guess the exposure on the setting I had it on was weird... I turned down the brightness and turned down the contrast and this appeared"

Oh... and no way to photo shop...The thought of her doing that makes me giggle

Onward my friends! But for myself and the original pic poster, we are off to bed. Don't fear! I'll be back early.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

When I look closely it continues right into the trees then the red tinge happens from the tilt of the camera...more thoughts?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Also, she takes sunset photos and posts them almost every day. (We live in a beautiful area.)

She's on the opposite side of the valley (east) looking towards the sunset. Normally... it's not very big. I'm super tired, so I've got to go to bed, but I'll upload some of her 'normal' sunset pics that are similar from different days/times.

As for now...z.z.zz.zzzz

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
damn glitchy matrix. that is just a placeholder for the sun...
someone in CG must have missed the post filtering for that position...sorry...will patch it.

At least now you know what the universe would look like in 8 bit grayscale

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Reflection of the inside/backside of the lens---is that even possible?

That sure is cool looking though...

I'd frame that!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cool pic.
The sun looked like it does everyday for me,so I'm not worried.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I played with the contrast, color and brightness of your picture, and I think you can see the Sun in the middle now.

sorry, I have not aced uploading pics yet, click on the link for a look.

img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-6-2012 by FutureThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

I played with the contrast, color and brightness of your picture, and I think you can see the Sun in the middle now.

Sweet Fancy Moses with a coon skin hat!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks amazingly like the background of Obama's Hope and Change emblem...

For the love of all that is holy.

But seriously... I can see it. Good job.
The light may have just been too much for the camera to take I guess.
edit on 6/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

sorry, I have not aced uploading pics yet, click on the link for a look.

edit on 20-6-2012 by FutureThinker because: (no reason given)

I looked at your link and i cant see the sun still. idk, maybe its my computer. Do cameras do this from time to time when you take pics of the sun?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Strange pic!!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Truman Show being exposed.

Originally posted by ElizaAshdene
Greetings all!

My friend just took this pic and posted with this comment on facebook. Anyone have any ideas to why it would do this? Is there some kind of safety feature built in the camera? Glare? Double exposure? Camera fritz (those happen, right?) Doesn't seem to fall 'neatly' into those categories, but I'm looking with an untrained eye.

Camera used was a Nikon Cool Pix. Time: sunset. Place: San Luis Valley, USA

So I ask you ATS, what say you?

"I think this is the most bizarre thing I've ever had show up in a photo... I took a picture of a bright red sunset and other than the bushes it turned out all white, so I turned down the brightness and saw this. What in the world??? Did I capture the SLV Vortex on film? Did I somehow take a picture of my own lens? What is this?? "

*I got permission prior to posting this.*

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Still no guesses. I suppose that if I had said it was an alien spaceship blocking out the sun I would have gotten a lot more responses.

Here's another quote from her. Looks like she took several in succession of the sunset, and this was the only one like it.

"there was nothing on the lens at all. I took several sunset pictures on different settings and they turned out red, orange, yellow, etc, and this one pic turned out pure white. As I turned down the brightness I saw this circle. The pictures on either side of this are brightly colored with no circle whatsoever."

Any other websites that may have folks that would know what caused this? You know, cause if there's an answer, I wouldn't mind knowing it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well this is quite odd. I often see the numbers 11:11 on digital clocks obviously at that time of day when it occurs. Not sure if it's just something subliminal I programmed myself, but I always found it somewhat disturbing that I would just happen to glance at the clock and catch that specific time.

Well I just searched 11:11 to see what would come up. I'm still reading through the various links, but this did come up in the search. Kind of freaky if you ask me. It's almost identical to what your friend captured with her camera.

It's from this site. nvisible

top topics

join