It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Acquires Israeli Facial Recognition Company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

bits.blogs.nytimes.com

Facebook, the largest repository of pictures anywhere and at any time in history, has acquired an Israeli company, called face.com, that makes facial recognition technology. Neither company disclosed the sale price nor the other terms of the deal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok, so the party line is that they plan to use this technology as a way for Facebook users to quickly tag pictures they post.

Facebook has used the Israeli company for two years to identify and “tag” who is who on the social network. Face.com’s last product was an application that allows users to click a picture of their Facebook “friends” and tag it automatically before posting it on Facebook; for now, it works only on the iPhone.

My question is what else can/will it be used for? Facial recognition technology on a social network... sounds a lot like law enforcement purposes to me.

bits.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just make sure your profile pics are your arses, see if they identify that gem

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It is no wonder Zuckerburg is a billionaire, along with bill gates. They essentially put the government in everyone's home unbeknownst to them. And how ironic is it that Microsoft's way of allowing government to see you is called WINDOWS!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Op have a look at an earlier thread of mine regarding facial recognition.

You may find it interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yawn If it only recognises Israelis its next to useless if it can see anyone it is also next to useless
Disconnect your webcam
Will not happen then

Cran

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i predict the immediate capture of hundreds of thousands of criminals around the globe.

facebook is the largest mug shot photo album in the world.

and to say facebooks security lockout from viewing other peoples pictures can stop the fbi cyber division or any semi-skilled 15 yr old hacker, is just lying to yourself.

i'm not saying it would be legal, but if they're looking for someone, you're only recourse if they browse your account, is a class action lawsuit that would be dismissed by the first federal judge that hears it.

it's using the software without your permission to view "private" photos that is wrong.

but then again, they can always get a patriot act warrant around it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Big Brother C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) has to have a way to identify all the brainwashed masses erm.. good citizens that use farcebook ... all the easier to control them ... really no surprise theyre getting facial recognition tech ... expected that long ago ... so be good little citizens and post all your mugshots erm .. pics on farcebook so big brother can track you easier ...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If you don't like Facebook, get off of it. If you want Facebook to change their practices, you're kidding yourself.

Please keep getting out the word, but Facebook will never change and the answer is not to keep using it hoping they will.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Is this because Jews have such distinct and numerous facial features?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Sorry mate, but this has been posted elsewhere:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a good day

new topics

top topics

join