It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hypothetical Choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is a hypothetical question.

Let's say you've come to the end of your quest and you can now choose your reward. You can only choose one of three things. You can only choose from wealth, knowledge, or love. One choice means you can't have any of the other, but it doesn't mean you'd be rendered completely a vegetable or a pauper starving in the streets. You would have enough to be able to make a living for yourself, but nothing more than that.

If you choose love, you can't be wealthy or knowledgeable.
If you choose knowledge, you can't have love or wealth.
If you choose wealth, you can't have knowledge or love.

And by being wealthy I mean super wealthy, like being a multi billionaire wealthy.

Me, I've always wanted to be knowledgeable more than anything else. I've always enjoyed learning about things more than anything else. I wouldn't mind being famous for some breakthroughs in science either.

So how about you?

edit on 19-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I guess its predicatble, but it would have to be love, don't get me wrong, I'd like all of them! But love is the only eternal

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

L
L

knowledge puts the other 2 in your grasp
simples

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I know that it is a hypothetical question but for some reason I can not think of having one of them without the other. Maybe it is the way I define them in my head.

If I have "Love" then I have a "Knowledge" of what that means and a "Wealth" that cannot be measured.

I can kind of understand what you are getting at but it still comes around to the same concept the way I think of it.

Sorry not trying to be a smart @$$ about it, just that is the way I see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

if you do good things in science then you will be famous because people love you. You may have to eliminate or add variables to these questions. Unless you know exactly how much love you need and who will see too it that you only receive what you need, which is highly perspective.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It'd have to be knowledge for me
Seems like the most useful at the present time.

Second line

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It is a backward idea, and hardly worthy of cyber ink.
However, I'll spill some E-ink to explain.
You have reached the end of your quest...?
Quest for what?
To be boxed into a category?
It sounds like your quest has just begun, choose knowlege and finish the quest.
But wealth is hardly a reward if you are speaking of financial reimbursement, I don't quest for cash, I do it for justice.
What a silly box.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wealth without knowledge or love is going to end in a mess, probably buy some priceless art works for target practice and shoot yourself in the foot, or else someone will just stab you in the back as you quickly become deep in debt.

Knowledge without wealth or love will lead to much understanding, but no power to affect change and no reason to want to anyway. Sounds like a life in front of the tv.

Love without wealth or knowledge will keep you happy and provide a reason to live. You may not have or achieve a lot, but you have a reason to get out of bed and enjoy your day.

I would pick love.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
This is a hypothetical question.

Let's say you've come to the end of your quest and you can now choose your reward. You can only choose one of three things. You can only choose from wealth, knowledge, or love. One choice means you can't have any of the other, but it doesn't mean you'd be rendered completely a vegetable or a pauper starving in the streets. You would have enough to be able to make a living for yourself, but nothing more than that.

If you choose love, you can't be wealthy or knowledgeable.
If you choose knowledge, you can't have love or wealth.
If you choose wealth, you can't have knowledge or love.

And by being wealthy I mean super wealthy, like being a multi billionaire wealthy.

Me, I've always wanted to be knowledgeable more than anything else. I've always enjoyed learning about things more than anything else. I wouldn't mind being famous for some breakthroughs in science either.

So how about you?

edit on 19-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

I pick Wealth. Knowledge is overrated and love is simple chemical reactions. There really is no difference between spending money on fake or real friends/love. One group of friends or lovers means what the say while the others don't. What matters is that my ego is happy along with having billions.

Thus wealth wins out every single time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I need two partners.

You two can pick either one of the two.

I'll take the left over.

Then we share what we get equally amongst us.

Any volunteers?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Knowledge is the only one of the three which could either help obtain the other two, or make the other two obsolete.

And you can't fix stupid.

new topics

top topics

join