It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested in Videos with Cryptic, Hidden Symbology? See Katy Perry's 'Wide Awake'...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

Sardonic sarcasm isn't necessary, especially when you aren't contributing a single iota to the discussion

Sardonic sarcasm, what out of the Earth does that even mean? Since you are a priest of Carnayna, just like your father is, is this "sardonic sarcasm" a Carnaynan saying?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I honestly dont know much about symbolism but seeing as I havent posted in a while ill throw my thoughts in.
First thing I noticed was when the paparazzi showed up on the other side of the mirror the main photographer was made to look like Freddy from the gloves to the burnt face meaning she was asleep in that set. As she and herself break through the looking glass so to say butterflys burst through monarch maybe? Honestly I dont know thats all I saw other than the other butterfly the fruit as someone else said and the horned men.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
I honestly dont know much about symbolism but seeing as I havent posted in a while ill throw my thoughts in.

Good to have you back in the mix! I am not much on symbolism either especially the Carnaynan mythological sayings and text.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Yes, that is perfectly fine if you would like to link yours here. All in good taste of discussion and debate.

Obviously this thread carries no Earth shattering revelations. It does touch on some of the imagery / symbolism that many find interesting and like to look into in order to find any underlying meaning - if there is any.

It has been debated and asserted many times, in many places, that a secret society - most notably, the Illuminati - does assert some form of control over and power to manipulate the music industry. This seems to subject almost every video and artist to a more detailed examination by those conspiracy theorists, even when the video and artist have no ties and the symbolism being questioned is purely coincidental.

In the most recent times, for me anyway, Katy Perry's work seems more blatant than most other. This in itself could be a reason to sound the alarm and raise the red flags. Since most of the artists, who are truly thought to be players in a secret society, are not so blatant with their references - if they include cryptic references in any of their work.

I mentioned earlier about the possibility of 2 'Illuminati' groups existing. The bona fide Illuminati that dates back many, many years and the modern, pop culture related Illuminati.

Many artists have increasingly taken part in linking themselves to the Illuminati or making reference to them in some way.

I believe many artists acknowledge this group as a way to tell their fans they are a part of this larger group of powerful stars, but not the real Illuminati. It allows the artist a different angle to have their fans become more involved... kind of like establishing an inside joke with friends, it brings the fans closer to entertainer in a more intimate way.

Thanks for the replies everyone, It's always good to hear what you all are thinking about, in regards to things lke this.

Also, I apologize for only being around for an hour or so after authoring this thread, real life beckoned and, unfortunately, I am at it's mercy.

I told an earlier poster that I would provide a link to references that assert many ancient depictions of horned people have a more profound meaning - an individual depicted with horns is an acknowledgement of their Gd-like status and possibly an identifying marker of a being from another planet... Annunaki.

I will provide the links shortly, just give me a bit longer, since I just got back home and wanted to check in and let you guys know I didn't abandon you in my own thread

I also wanted to say that, while the more literal interpretation of the bull head masks are just what they seem, bull head masks, other interpretations could base on the fact that horns are indeed present and could easily be a variation on the horned Gd depictions.

Though it may not be the exact way a majority of ancient art displaying horned individuals appears, there are also several other pieces, in the minority, that do include human bodies and heads of a variety of different animals.

I can't be certain, but I seem to recall mention of Gds being depicted with horns on a human head and body, animal heads on human bodies, and horned animal heads on a human body.

Sorry for such a long winded reply, long day so far and I think I am running on delirium

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darknull

First thing I noticed was when the paparazzi showed up on the other side of the mirror the main photographer was made to look like Freddy from the gloves to the burnt face meaning she was asleep in that set. As she and herself break through the looking glass so to say butterflys burst through monarch maybe? Honestly I dont know thats all I saw other than the other butterfly the fruit as someone else said and the horned men.

Great reply and thank you. I noticed the Freddy similarity too, even rewound the video to see if the one of gloves holding the camera had knives in the photographer's initial appearance.

She also mentions in the lyrics that she was asleep and is now wide awake. One part of the lyrics I found interesting is how she basically says everything she thought it would be is nothing like how it is. This could also be a nod to her previous dream state and innocence to standard industry practices.

The display of radically different realities, from dream state and waking state, could be a way to enlighten us to how incredibly different the true nature of reality is, when compared to the reality that is dreamt up by so many in their fantasies.

Does it mean, to some degree, this eclectic and sometimes dark reality, portrayed as the waking state, should be taken as literal?

Maybe she is saying her manifest reality is completely different and unimaginable from her fantasized reality. Introducing her to aspects of reality she never knew could exist, potentially acknowledging a level of paranormal influence on her rise to fame?

I know, I know, reaching really far... like reaching to the sky with expectations of touching the Crab Nebula... but maybe even that is possible in the reality she currently finds herself in.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Hi there ImaFungi!!

Hope you are well and thanks for the video interpretation. I do see where those connections could be made. It also leaves room to speculate further on different angles of symbolism within the video.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Hi Violet!

I noticed right away a scene in the video where she is walking with the little girl, who obviously seems to be Perry herself at a different age and innocence, and they were holding hands. As she approached the glass/mirror, the reflection of the little girl was no where to be found.

This could probably mean that she still remembers herself at an innocent stage, but acknowledges that part of her personality no longer exists.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
So I just saw the video and I saw something much different than everyone that replied yet.
I saw influences of the Labyrinth movie and Alice in Wonderland and many others, probably movies from Katy's childhood

I will listen to it again and point out all influences/symbolism I can see.

0:40 Some sort of Snow white evil witch thing going on
0:45 Earrings, Double triangle could signify elements
Slightly masonic design
Bull symbol on the top triangle, the bull is often linked to Satan and other demons
0:49 Pillars, influences from the temple of Solomon
1:04 A worm reaching for a heart like it does to an apple
1:08 If I remember the movie the Labyrinth well, usually a castle should be standing where the light
shines on the hill
1:22 The strawberry seems to be the forbidden fruit in this version
1:35 She now has the power of demons from eating the fruit ( I will depict lyrics right after )
1:50 I don't know much about it but maybe someone decipher runic patterns
1:55 The little girl totally has a one eye symbol in a triangle on her shirt along with one eye hidden from the
girl's hair
2:02 The eye in the triangle isn't visible in the same way anymore, probably has an excuse heh
2:08 Worlds collide with an immediate scene with a checkered floor, appropriate
2:11 Room of mirrors, mirrors are often viewed like an anti-world
The little girl isn't showing up in the mirror, which could mean she is dead or a demon
2:18 A mean looking Freddy Crouger paparazzi with the little girl that seems to notice the floor will crumble
2:34 Butterflies...a symbol often linked to manipulated pop stars and mind control experiments
2:36 I see crosses, I see a hall of doors like in the matrix
2:37 Injured Katy is still holding the fruit in her hand, she has a pearl necklace
2:39 Baphomets, demons
3:02 The little girl having beaten the demon, Katy rises up, takes the little girl's hand almost by force
3:19 Heavy on the Alice in wonderland
3:35 Her recent divorce is the main influence in this whole scene along with the general idea of the video
about seeing trough childhood illusions about life

Now for the lyrics!

"I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was in the dark
I was falling hard
With an open heart
I'm wide awake
How did I read the stars so wrong"

She used to be religious from what I know and she mostly left that idea, she's pretty easy to manipulate either way. She played nice girl and things didn't work out that well for her until she went with a big record company/illuminati crowd and sang an "anti-christian" song...how fitting!

"I'm wide awake
And now it's clear to me
That everything you see
Ain't always what it seems
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was dreaming for so long

I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on
On the concrete"

Again speaking about her leaving the church and she doesn't believe that she should bow down to God/Jesus anymore. When some people managed to make her believe the idea that God doesn't exist (pretty much in the same way they made her believe in it in the first place) , it was like falling down hard.

"Falling from cloud 9
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
(Yeah I'm) Falling from cloud 9"

Lucifer banished down from the heavens, this is what this means loud and clear after I saw the video.

"I'm wide awake
Not losing any sleep
Picked up every piece
And landed on my feet
I'm wide awake
Need nothing to complete myself - nooohooo

I'm wide awake
Yeah, I am born again"

The beast rises again.

"Outta the lion's den
I don't have to pretend
And it's too late
The story's over now, the end - yeah"

The revelations is the main influence in this part

"I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on
On the concrete

Falling from cloud 9
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
(Yeah I'm) Falling from cloud 9

Thunder rumbling
Castles crumbling
I am trying to hold on
God knows that I tried
Seeing the bright side
But I'm not blind anymore...'cause I'm... wide awake"

Again speaking about leaving the church, she says she tried it with God but it didn't work, so she changed teams.

"Falling from cloud 9
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
(Yeah I'm) Falling from cloud 9

(Oh now I'm) Falling from cloud 9
It was outta the blue, I'm
Crashing from the high
(Yeah) I'm letting go tonight
Letting go of illusion
(Now I'm) Falling from cloud 9"

Well, maybe we will all live to see which illusion is real miss Perry!

I have no idea what is the truth, I'm just a mediator.

As you can see, there is "illuminati" symbolism in the video and lyrics.
If there is a symbol that I depicted that you do not understand, feel free to check out the web for different sources.

edit on 20-6-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Hey there! thanks for the reply... I didn't notice those similarities right away, or at all really, until you mentioned them...

I knew there was something very familiar about the design of the video. I believe you nailed what was causing me to feel the familiarity.

Thanks again for the post, it is obvious that you took the time to watch and study the video and put in a great effort to assemble a very good reply about what you found. An absolutely wonderful example that everyone should take notice of and work to match the effort you show.

Outstanding!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join