It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested in Videos with Cryptic, Hidden Symbology? See Katy Perry's 'Wide Awake'...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
First, let me say that I hope this thread develops a decent discussion (with any thread authored, we always secretly hope it becomes ATS' best thread ever!
) but doesn't turn into countless pages filled with nothing, as it has been claimed threads of this nature tend to do.

I'm not a huge music video fan, but have a habit of turning on one of the music television channels in the A.M., while getting ready for the day, a chance to hear new music I might like or old favorites.

Running late, I left the television on as I left, but had a very short day. I made it back home just before 11.00A.M. EST and caught the beginning of an mtvU VIDEO PREMIERE of Katy Perry’s song ‘Wide Awake’.

Just a few mornings ago I saw a commercial for a new Katy Perry film, documenting her rise to stardom from the beginnings to the current height of her fame.

In one clip, she was talking with her parents and asked them something like, ‘Will you watch your daughter when she’s on MTV?’ or, ‘What will you think when your daughter is on MTV’…

Her father replied, ‘I won’t be watching it if you’re half naked’. Her mother quickly corrected him, ‘She won’t be half naked’. They quickly cut to a scene from one of her videos, ‘California Girlz’ where she is laying on a bed of feathers or cotton, simulating a cloud - half naked... typical, but I thought it was kinda funny, anyway...

The topic video of this thread is called, ‘Wide Awake’. It begins with Katy Perry on the set of the ‘California Girlz’ video shoot, just as it’s wrapping up. She stands and walks to her dressing room, where she sits in front of a vanity mirror and begins to remove her Whig and make-up. As she is looking into the mirror her world begins to change around her. This signals the start of the ’Wide Awake’ video.

Click This to Watch Katy Perry's 'Wide Awake' on YouTube

Click Here to Watch Katy Perry's 'Wide Awake' - w/ on-screen lyrics - on YouTube

The lyrics alone are very interesting, but could be written to have people like you and I talking about them. Maybe they're aimed to have younger kids believe she does have some sort of mystical, other world connections that fuel her career, bringing her to the attention of the world-wide masses.

One of the visuals that I find interesting is the scene with the 2 guys wearing masks. The masks are of a bull’s head with horns. What I found interesting is the belief that, in ancient cultures and symbolism, drawings that depict a person with horns are used to show that individual’s status as a God of some sort.

In Egyptian hieroglyphs and picture paintings, there are many images of humans bodies with animal heads where we‘d expect to see a regular human‘s head.

Some believe that ancient Gods, who brought about the humans as a slave race, were master geneticists and experimented with a variety of Earthly creatures, in attempts to produce the most viable and docile slave race possible. (some think they are the Annunaki)

Claims have been made that many of the mythological creatures we know of today were actually real. The products of genetic manipulation gone wrong, instead of putting the creatures down, they were allowed to live out their lives.

Possible cryptic messages in Katy Perry’s videos are nothing new. To see other examples, look no further than her ‘Extra-Terrestrial’ video.

Click Here to Watch Katy Perry's 'Extra-Terrestrial' on YouTube

Click Here to Watch Katy Perry's 'Extra-Terrestrial' - w/ on-screen lyrics - on YouTube

I haven’t looked closely at any other songs she has produced that aren't available on radio or television, but it is probably safe to say that she has other songs that include lyrical symbology and may yield future videos with the same type of visual content.

Is this just clever use of mysterious and mystical ideas in marketing to specific demographics or something more?

After all, many people have made claims that the Illuminati does control the music industry - although that debate usually leads to an idea that there are 2 different types of Illuminati.

One is the historical version of the super secret and incomprehensibly powerful organization. It includes members of particular bloodlines and is comprised of the world's most elite individuals and families.

The other is entertainment's modern fabrication of the Illuminati. It;s used as a tool to inform the general public of the artist's extreme importance to the true rulers of Earth, in an attempt to have the general population believe their capabilities extend far beyond that which their wealth and fame afford them.

In reality, they may not be connected to the Illuminati (if such an entitiy even exists) in any capacity, but merely make these claims to boost sales potential, marketability, and to solidify their career.

What do you think? Is there anything to this, more than simply trying to raise exposure, popularity, and profits?

Below is a video that was referenced in the thread, but holds no real bearing on the content of the thread:

Click here to Watch Katy Perry's California Girls on YouTube

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When the ancients drew horns on someone it was a symbol of power and masculinity, not god status.

There was the horned god archetype which was widespread across Europe and north Africa (Osiris, Herne, Carnayna, Pan, etc.)

I'm a priest of Carnayna myself, just like my father is.

Also, this is how the devil got the horned thing, it was the churches way of vilifying pagan beliefs.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they put hidden symbology in music videos to attract attention from the conspirators.
Any publicity is good publicity.
To Katy Perry though, dang she's fine.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The links wouldn't work. I happen to know the government is behind the music industry, and gives them incentive to write about certain things. Whether it is a modern form of the masons or illuminati that survived is probably the issue. They would send me subliminals and follow me around. Her E.T. Video yeah. I stopped looking awhile ago cause I got fed up. There is usually symbolism that has to do with religion or revelations. " could you be an angel , could you be the devil" is a lyric from E.T.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87

I'm a priest of Carnayna myself, just like my father is.

Ya' don't say!

Originally posted by dorkfish87
Also, this is how the devil got the horned thing, it was the churches way of vilifying pagan beliefs.

I always wondered!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

I based the description of horns representing gods of ancient times through several things I have read in the past. I am sure there are several different meaning and interpretations of individuals who are depicted as having horns.

Give me a few minutes and I will provide you with a link that recognizes what I am talking about, unless another poster links a site describing this before I can get it on here for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
The links wouldn't work. I happen to know the government is behind the music industry, and gives them incentive to write about certain things. Whether it is a modern form of the masons or illuminati that survived is probably the issue. They would send me subliminals and follow me around. Her E.T. Video yeah. I stopped looking awhile ago cause I got fed up. There is usually symbolism that has to do with religion or revelations. " could you be an angel , could you be the devil" is a lyric from E.T.

OMG
The Illuminati is after your mind?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
On a similiar note , did you see Beyonces video Halo. " I can see your halo, halo I can see your halo, halo ".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BladeRunner5050

Can you tell me how you know the government is behind the industry to the extent you claim? Not that I am questioning you as a person... but well, I guess I am questioning you about how you know this is fact? I'd really like to know the links that expose the government's manipulation of the industry, instead of the common specualtion we see around the internet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BladeRunner5050

No, I didn't see that video, that I recall... but I probably did through some subliminal means
that short bit of lyrics you posted is vague at best, but could definitely be linked into something that goes deeper than just popular music lyrics.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

Sardonic sarcasm isn't necessary, especially when you aren't contributing a single iota to the discussion

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You know what's funny...I literally created another thread just minutes after you talking about Ellie Goulding. If it's ok I'm going to post my link in this thread to reference and I'll also reference your thread in mine. I put mine in the music forumn so I have a feeling it won't get looked at much.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-6-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: added link

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have been listening to music all my life, and I know it is art it means something different to everyone who listens to it. I have three books sleeves of CDs I can go through to look for proof.

Bionic Jives " I shot Lucifer"

Incubus. " Meglomaniac " you're not Elvis you're not Jesus step down"

Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche - looking into a mirror and not recognizing his own face cause of the mind crime.

P.O.D. Set it off, - underground sounds to blaze armagettyon

Eminem relapse - medicine ball " the world is my medicine ball

Lady Gaga Judas. ( video)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
about the wide awake song and video,..,,.,..,.,.,.,..,

shes innocent,,,,,, happy,,,,,, on cloud 9,,,,,,, bliss,,,,, heaven,..............

realizing things arent as they seem,,,,,, and theres more to the things that can be seen then blissful heaven and cloud 9.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,. realizing things are not all perfect good and heaven like is knowledge of good and evil.......hence the fruit,.,.,.,.,.

now shes wide awake to the truth,,,,,,, falling from cloud 9,,,,,,, how can she get back to the innocence now that the truth is ingrained in her mind...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
All I can come up with off the story in the video is the little girl is her old self, or original self or inner self if you prefer, that hadn't been corrupted yet. The child guides the adult.
I'm sure somewhere she has been interviewed about what the video is meant to be.

In some ways it's similar to another new video over at the VEVO channel. Adam Lambert's " never close our eyes", in regards to it featuring eyeballs. His, he has said it is about new world order and that it was his idea for that. He's awake too. I'm not at my computer to embed the video or get the link. You might want to take a look at that if you can find it on VEVO YouTube channel. I'm surprised it hasn't shown up in a thread on here yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I'm not sure what the fruit meant. It was a nice fresh strawberry growing on a dead tree. I've seen that idea used before with a pomegranate. I had thought it was meant to show you can't complately kill off a species but rejuvenate it in a false way, or genetically altered, bring it back to life once again. That's just what I see.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
On a similiar note , did you see Beyonces video Halo. " I can see your halo, halo I can see your halo, halo ".

Deep.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by ImaFungi

I'm not sure what the fruit meant. It was a nice fresh strawberry growing on a dead tree. I've seen that idea used before with a pomegranate. I had thought it was meant to show you can't complately kill off a species but rejuvenate it in a false way, or genetically altered, bring it back to life once again. That's just what I see.

I see the loneliness of the fruit as a metaphor for the Loneliness Of Man among the Cosmos.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I doubt there are any genuine mystical expereinces behind the video. Just knowledge of symbols and a hope that they can be used to make money.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You obviously dont know your Greek myths. The guys with the bulls heads were Minotaurs.

the Minotaur was a creature with the head of a bull on the body of a man or, as described by Roman poet Ovid, "part man and part bull".He dwelt at the center of the Cretan Labyrinth, which was an elaborate maze-like construction

I really dont see any Illuminati references in that video. But maybe im an Illuminati shill trying to divert you away from the truth

edit on 19-6-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join