It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something in the water over at Faux News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

O’Reilly Applauds Obama’s New Immigration Policy

Bill O’Reilly was full of praise for President Obama’s changes to immigration policy tonight. He hailed it as both a fair, humane measure and a politically brilliant one. He devoted his Talking Points editorial segment that opens most O’Reilly Factor shows to the subject.

O’Reilly called Obama’s decision “a very clever political move” as “many Hispanic-Americans will support the move and the President needs those votes.” O’Reilly also noted that it “puts Mitt Romney on the defensive. Will he support the immigration change or will he be perceived as unyielding, a mean guy?”

He continued, “As for the policy, how can you blame kids when they’re dragged to the USA from wherever? If you’re a fair person, you can’t. It’s not the child’s fault the immigration laws are broken. It’s the parents who did it. Thus the new policy is humane.”

Link

Seriously what's going on? Is Fox news trying to pander to Hispanics too?

edit on 6/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hmmmm....that doesn't sound like the Bill O'Reilly I know of...has he been medicated?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Must be the fluoride in the water?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Its called following the agenda whatever that may be. Tv programming via news is a brilliant working concept of human programming and control via the 60hz range, the repetitiveness and the gullibility of the people watching.

But appealing to the new immigrants especially from mexico is a smart tactic, cheap labour, american citizenship = VOTES!!
edit on 18-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like the Bill O'Reilly I know.

But this does!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

“As for the policy, how can you blame kids when they’re dragged to the USA from wherever? If you’re a fair person, you can’t. It’s not the child’s fault the immigration laws are broken. It’s the parents who did it. Thus the new policy is humane.”

These are my sentiments and the sentiments of many who agree with the Dream Act.

It's kind of strange to hear Bill making sense, but strange in a refreshing way.

Maybe he will reach some of the thicker-headed individuals who watch Fox News and help them realize that this isn't "amnesty" for illegal aliens but a very well-rounded benefit for the children who were dragged here unwillingly and have done their best to improve their own lives and America as a nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

But this does!

That's the Bill I know of!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have to give kudos to Bill, I never thought I'd say this
I'm glad he isn't as thick headed as I had originally thought!

This might actually be the first time that something Fair and Balanced comes out of Fox News

edit on 6/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I still cannot trust him. I have heard him say the most irrational things over the years.

This was nice to hear though.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Glad you caught it!!...I gave up on the media a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

I still cannot trust him. I have heard him say the most irrational things over the years.

same, i never trusted him.

that video was hilarious he was like "LALALA IT WELL DO IT LIVE"

personally i never liked fox news or any other main stream media, its all rigged lies...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

But this does!

That's the Bill I know of!!

hi bobbabowee!

lol radio joke.

hey bobbie ^_^

XD (you told me to call you bobbie i think )

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"Obama! You're a pinhead! Can't you see what you're doing by giving these people amnesty? You're essentially telling them that it's ok to come here and to steal from us. Are you ok with that? I'm not. Jesus would be rolling over in his tomb if he didn't leave it 2000 years ago!"

This was the original sound bite, but Rachel Maddow snuck into the Fox mainframe and switched it for a more liberal viewpoint.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
O Reilly deep down wants Obama to win. The same as Rush.

It's more profitable for them to have someone to tear apart day after day. It's an easier job than defending the Republican party if Romney wins and happens to be worse.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Politics as usual.

Obamney is trapped on this issue and once he picks Rubihoe for VP he'll be in neck deep.

O Really is pimping Obamney, the man without a core, to the audience without a brain and they're eating it up.

And the partisan sheep go ba ba ba, ba ba ba, ba ba ba.
edit on 18-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

Wait....
you are applauding this?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
Hmmmm....that doesn't sound like the Bill O'Reilly I know of...has he been medicated?

He's been hangin out with Oxy-Rush and they're both a little further off their rockers then they were already

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
O Reilly deep down wants Obama to win. The same as Rush.

It's more profitable for them to have someone to tear apart day after day. It's an easier job than defending the Republican party if Romney wins and happens to be worse.

Exactly!!! They have to save their bread and butter!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When Foxnews and MSNBC agree on things, they are almost certainly bad for the American people!!!!!
Nuff said.
If a Mexican brings something productive to the US, I'm all for it. But they need to do it legal, pay taxes, and be an American.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well I didn't stand up and clap, but I thought it nice to see the man stay consistent when it comes to the issue of fairness.

top topics

join