It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mystic country of Shambala found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a Russain expedition has discovered the mystic country of Shambala

www.mosnews.com...

Shambala is considered sacred and rvered by buddhists hindus jains and bon.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I read the article, what are they saying they found? They say they found the 'capital of shambala' atop a mountain, right at the level where special equipment would be needed to climb higher, but they don't say what they actually found. Temples? Admin Centeres? Houses? Streets? What?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just want to know, "How Does Your Light Shine In The Hall's of Shambala?"

(Sorry guy's, I had to be the one to do it)
Props to Three Dog Night!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Russians have made such bogus claims before. Remember this one:

According to several accounts, Roerich�s mission was to return to Shambhala a chintamani (wish-granting gem) entrusted to him by the League of Nations. His group claimed to have located Shambhala in the Altai regio�n. Even nowadays, Roerich�s followers continue his convic�tion that the Altai Mountains are a great spiritual center, connected in some way with Shambhala.

Roerich, Shambhala, and Agni Yoga

Other locations mentioned/speculated for the mystical and mysterious Shambala/Shambhala have been:
Mount Meru
In �concrete� terms, all that is known is that it can be found to the north of India, �beyond the River Sitha�. But no-one has yet found the name of this river on a map. Thus, over the course of centuries the numerous Shambhala seekers have nominated all the even conceivable regions, from Kashmir to the North Pole and everywhere in between.]Geography of the kingdom of Shambhala
Shambhala, or the White Island, is indicated to the West of Himavat

IMHO, the Russian sources are BS on this and any claimed location is still highly speculative.
Hell, even did a search for location of Shambhala found and this seemingly agrees also with my above observation: its all still highly speculative.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

According to several accounts, Roerich�s mission was to return to Shambhala a chintamani (wish-granting gem) entrusted to him by the League of Nations. His group claimed to have located Shambhala in the Altai regio�n. Even nowadays, Roerich�s followers continue his convic�tion that the Altai Mountains are a great spiritual center, connected in some way with Shambhala.

Other locations mentioned/speculated for the mystical and mysterious Shambala/Shambhala have been:
Mount Meru
In �concrete� terms, all that is known is that it can be found to the north of India, �beyond the River Sitha�. But no-one has yet found the name of this river on a map. Thus, over the course of centuries the numerous Shambhala seekers have nominated all the even conceivable regions, from Kashmir to the North Pole and everywhere in between.]Geography of the kingdom of Shambhala

IMHO, the Russian sources are BS on this and any claimed location is still highly speculative.
Hell, even did a search for location of Shambhala found and this seemingly agrees also with my above observation: its all still highly speculative.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm trying to get a better handle on the news source here. I'm reading some of the other articles on the page and it's starting to look like a very very eccentric news outlet. I have to say I got a hell of a laugh out of some of the stuff on there.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I haven't seen this mentioned in Explorator or other archaeological onine sources. Generally the discoveries get announced there as well if there's good "provenance."

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's a site with a good review of the legends:
asiapacificuniverse.com...

(notice that they're all over the map about the location. Literally.)

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
a Russain expedition has discovered the mystic country of Shambala

www.mosnews.com...

Shambala is considered sacred and rvered by buddhists hindus jains and bon.

Three Dog Night was pretty fond of it too!!
Nice find.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I watched a program on this on Friday BBC2 @ 9.00pm.
It was presented by Michael Wood.(Michael Wood is the writer and presenter of many critically acclaimed series on television).
Here's a link to this episode.
In Search of Shangri-La.
And a link to the series In Search of Myths and Heroes.

[edit on 12/2/2005 by spyke]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Mount Meru

seekerof

They also claim that the soul of adam and shiva came to together, which it now resides deep within mount kailas under the thick ice on the top. So there's nothing more in detail on shambalha?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
the shamballah that ive always known of isnt on no mountain top.. sure there may be a place in the mountains above the clouds "shang-ri-la" its named in my book of amazing places..

but to me that isnt quite shamballah... because as far as im aware, by knowledge from thoth the atlantian texts and other sources... is that shamballah is within the earth.. deep down theres another world, with a central sun.. electromagnetic poles being opposite than on surface.. so their north is our south etc..i have a book with a chapter all about it, may or may not be truth as always but sounds logical..

theres suposed to be ancient beings down there still, aliens of all kinds.. with supercomputers.. ufos which exit and enter via the poles.. (aparently satelite pics show the poles hav shadows of big circles.... as if this planet does in fact hav a hole rite thru it--- see sumerian tablets) theres entrances all over the planet, like via the pyramids and places like that.

shamballah is like a control center of the planet ship earth.. aparently. if u can view earth as a livingbeing/craft carrying us.,

look at our planet compared to others... we hav it all, the 'mother nature' all regulated spot on to take care of itself and all that... jus like u can buy envirement cotrol units to grow ur plants for u with minimal effort on yor part ! only in this case humans are the ones being bred and cultivated... while some are manipulating us in their own directions for their own agendas.

in the ancient text of tammuz in the 'underworld'.. tammuz has to go ''down into shamballah'' ... to some it is hell, to others a heaven... depends on which beings are in which place down there! (they say)
that is where the hell concept came from.. bein 'below'.... not a spook place.

anyway who thinks im totally off my trolley? dont judge too fast cause those beings down there are suposed to be comin up at some stage soon...

[edit on 022828p://08022 by info_junkee]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todeskopf

u sound like u read some thoth stuff or somethin by that statement?
made me smile
HALLS of shamballah.......... Thoth calls it The Halls Of Amenti...... so i wondered if u talkin the same thing...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee

Originally posted by Todeskopf

u sound like u read some thoth stuff or somethin by that statement?
made me smile
HALLS of shamballah.......... Thoth calls it The Halls Of Amenti...... so i wondered if u talkin the same thing...

Nope, he is talking about the 70's pop song from the group "Three Dog Night".

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
oh ok thanks... id go back and edit my other long-as*d post and shorten it drastically but it seems i cant! ... is it cause i logged out and back in a few hours after?

new topics

top topics

join