It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X: The Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Kirsten Dunst has boobs?

Apparently so. I was surprised too. At first I thought it was an adolescent boy until I zoomed in 10X.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Meloncholia was cool after the planet finally kills everyone.

Aside from that it was one of the most boring movies ever produced.

No spoilers here just, my humble opine.

I liked the entertainment value of 2012, but all of the armegeddon style movies pretty much burn me out. A planet x movie would be neat, but ultimately it would be super predictable... Big planet coming towards earth... Is it gonna hit us, no it will miss us, NO LOOK OUT ITS GONNA HIT US! End.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Kirsten Dunst has boobs?

Apparently so. I was surprised too. At first I thought it was an adolescent boy until I zoomed in 10X.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Another movie: Journey to the Far Side of the Sun

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHEREYou're speaking of gravitational influences, when scientists speak of Planet X affecting the earth tectonically they are speaking of magnetic influences.
Thats the thing though, scientists do not speak of planet x affecting Earth (period). Planet X left the scientific debate in the 80's with the voyager flyby of Neptune.

2012: No Planet X
Planets beyond Neptune: Planet X disproved

Originally posted by PlanetXisHEREOn a cosmic scale, gravitational and magnetic influences are some of the least well understood forces. Hence astrophysicists aren't sure whether to use Modified Newtonian Dynamics or just tweak formulas for gravity on cosmic scales to explain why they can't account for 96% of the energy and mass in the Universe.

Anyway, Planet X, having a similar mostly iron with some nickel core as earth, but being much larger, begins to have a magnetic influence on earth as it gets closer, and at some point overwhelms the magnetic influence of the Sun on earth.
Magnetism as a force of attraction/repulsion to explain solar orbits. Not buying it. There are far too many simple experiments that can be performed to completely disprove and trash this theory. Far simpler, how do you explain the concentric path that most of the planets take to orbit around the sun?

First, each of the planets repulsion poles would have to face the sun's repulsion pole at all times and the force of this repulsion must remain constant.

Second, if the planetary repulsion poles are all facing the sun, this would mean the the planets should be more attracted to each other as their attraction poles would be facing each other’s repulsion pole (opposites attract in magnetism).

Finally, how do you explain the magnetic affects that the sun would have on Neptune or Uranus and why these planets (who are smaller than Jupiter and Saturn) would not fly off into space because they would not have the necessary magnetic attraction to the sun? Are they stronger magnets than Jupiter and/or Saturn? If so, how? What makes one magnet stronger than another?

Originally posted by PlanetXisHEREI'm sure as you know two similar poles do not like to line up, so Planet X's north pole will push around earth's north pole, happening now, the reason for much of the strange weather we are getting, and it can be seen here in this video, the wobble is clearly seen at 50 seconds in:

www.youtube.com...
Sorry to burst your bubble but your wobble is nothing more than the stitching of multiple images. It is very common and it happens multiple times in the video. Also, if you compare the images, nothing on the face of the earth changes or moves from it's relative location. Everything lines up from image to image.

Originally posted by PlanetXisHEREWhen Planet X gets closer the magnetic jostling between it's north pole and ours becomes more severe, and at some point we may get crust slippage - there is evidence for this happening in the past - and a geographic pole shift.

Also, Planet X's magnetic core is peturbing our magnetic core now, causing an increase in heat production by the core, another reason why we see a huge increase in tectonic activity resulting in more earthquakes and active volcanoes, as well as getting more heat in the atmosphere also adding to the strange worldwide weather.

However, the governments of the world have decided the following:

A) Planet X will pass far enough away from us just to cause some high tides and extreme weather - not too many people will die - so there is no sense in telling the public and panicking them.

B) Planet X will pass close enough to cause a poleshift - which will cause about 90% of humanity to perish - and there is not much they can do about it - so there is no point in panicking people.

However, B is false, if people were warned there is much they could do to prepare and help themselves.

The truth is, the Globalists don't want to take a chance on warning people of a B) scenario in case only A) happens - that would be a threat to their global capitalist enslavment program - can't have that.

Here is some info on Planet X and survival when/after it passes:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 19-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum
Again, if there was a planet that had these types of effects on Earth, we would see these effects on other planets. Surprise, no affects are seen.

Also, really to speak plainly, you could not save yourself from these affects. Burrowing underground will not help, flying in the air will not help; there would be no escape anywhere.

-saige-
edit on 19-6-2012 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by BeliefInReality
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

You forget about Melancholia....

It's features a mysterious planet colliding with earth. Good movie!

Is it worth watching the whole thing? I only watched the part where Kirsten Dunst showed her boobs.

Alright fine.....You talked me into watching it....lol

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

Isnt it odd how the other planets that are hypothetically much closer to this imaginary planet are apparently immune to the effects, whereas Earth supposedly already feels the effects?

I'd still LOVE to see something showing me this Planet X. Infrared, visible, whatever ... I dont care. But strangely enough, some aliens appear to have cloaked it. Damn, foiled again.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is a lot of Science Fiction films coming out at the moment, I suppose a Planet X one wouldn't hurt, being fiction and all.

I don't see how you are tying in the other films though,

2012: Neutrinos from a solar flare are causing the Earths core to heat up rapidly, causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and all hell to break loose.

Knowing: Yet another solar flare doomsday scenario where a massive flare hits the Earth stripping it bare.

Armageddon: A massive asteroid is heading towards Earth, quite a plausible story, lots of them head our way from the asteroid belt, amongst other places.

Deep Impact: A massive comet is heading towards Earth, again, a plausible story, lots of comets up there buzzing about.

None of those movies have got even the slightest thing to do with imaginary rogue planets that allegedly exist inside our solar system.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's as belieable as Werewolves and Vampires...I'd eat some pop corn and get caught up in some CGI at this movie.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter
reply to post by saige45

Isnt it odd how the other planets that are hypothetically much closer to this imaginary planet are apparently immune to the effects, whereas Earth supposedly already feels the effects?

I'd still LOVE to see something showing me this Planet X. Infrared, visible, whatever ... I dont care. But strangely enough, some aliens appear to have cloaked it. Damn, foiled again.
It is odd, but that is primarily because those that subscribe to believe these theories live here. If they lived on Neptune, they would be proclaiming, "Man it's freezing outside, I guess Nibiru [Planet X] is affecting our weather.".

-saige-

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Having studied German and Film Production in college, I know one would expect me to be all over this film...
But I watched that 10-minute youtube clip OP posted and thought: Good Lord! is the whole movie in slow motion?! Looked like a yawn-fest!
(I know that was just the opening sequence.. but still)

is this an action-packed disaster film or an existential art film?

I'm guessing the latter...?

edit on 19-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Melancholia, Another Earth...

AND.... Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer..

which replaces the being from the comics: "Galactus" (usually a giant purple and blue suited giant man-god)...

with a giant planet-eating planet. how's that for planet x...

also the movie Green Lantern does the same sort of thing... a huge being who's face is as big as a planet tries to devour the earth..

There's lots of movies about some huge "thing" planet or not.. coming and destroying or eating Earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Maybe even Hollywood considers the subject and premise of a planet X so stupid it does not warrant a movie?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Im sure there is enough sci fi geeks here to appreciate this...

Here goes.

One of the best movies i have ever seen, in terms of the story is call Epoch. Its acting is cheesy and certainly B rate made for tv drama. BUT, the whole premise and interaction with " the object " is really awesome.

Yes i am a nerd.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And what fun people watching would be at the theater..all those doom lovers that hate their lives and root for the world to end streaming in salivating at the crap to ensue.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962
Having studied German and Film Production in college, I know one would expect me to be all over this film...
But I watched that 10-minute youtube clip OP posted and thought: Good Lord! is the whole movie in slow motion?! Looked like a yawn-fest!
(I know that was just the opening sequence.. but still)

is this an action-packed disaster film or an existential art film?

I'm guessing the latter...?

edit on 19-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

I had to laugh at your comment. I was the one who put up the video and regretted it. I can see how you'd be bored! No, it's an art movie about depression. It's not for everyone but I loved it because it WASN'T an action-packed disaster film. Get it at Redbox for only a dollar and if you hate it then at least you didn't waste too much money on it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Maybe they haven't made a movie about it recently (PlanetX itself that is, or Nibiru) because it just doesn't exist and the science behind it is a product of Stichin's imagination?

IN fact your whole argument of magnetic this and that has been dis proven may times over, and you who claim to read everything with an open mind keep overlooking it because it doesn't fit in with your doomsday scenario..

So here again is someone disproving your theory..

A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. It has never happened and never will. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway. But they falsely claim that a magnetic reversal is coming in 2012 and that this is the same as, or will trigger, a reversal of rotational poles. The bottom line is: (a) Rotation direction and magnetic polarity are not related. (b) There is no reason to expect a reversal of magnetic polarity any time soon, or to anticipate any bad effects on life when it does eventually happen. © A sudden shift in rotational pole with disastrous consequences is impossible. Also, none of this has anything to do with the galactic equator or any of the other nonsense about alignments that appears on many of the conspiracy theory websites.

Wow... uh kinda throws a monkey wrench in it doesn't it.... And movie makers unless they are going for the way out there like Emmerich (who liked making disaster movies for the pure joy of seeing disasters) they tend to like to stay in the confines of real science, not Zetatalk science... Wakey wakey sir.... It didn't happen in 2003, it's not gonna happen in 2012... In fact what many others have said is so absolutely true, why isn't it effecting any other body in our solar system, why does it have a jones for Earth only.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Another reason is that you couldn't really do an action-packed movie about it. All you can really do is something like Melancholia where Planet X is merely in the background and serves as a reason to explore these people's emotions. Think about it. If a planet is on a collision course with Earth you can't blow it up; you can't hide underground. There would be no resolution whatsoever. It would just be two hours of people standing around saying, "Well, we're screwed." That doesn't sound like a very good movie to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The thing I don't understand --- and maybe a member with a science background can help explain --- is why this fabled Wormwood/Nibiru miniature solar system would turn back toward our sun at the farthest point in its orbit. Why doesn't it just keep going out into interstellar space instead of turning and heading back our way?

The diagrams I've seen show how the Wormwood/Nibiru system travels way the heck out there and then sort of by magic turns and comes back. Are the theorists claiming that this is the mass of our sun pulling it back toward us? If that's the case, why does it travel so far out before being pulled back in?

I don't get it. But then, I've never been very good at understanding physics or astrophysics.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join