It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea "UFO" - Not so simple after all!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sounds like a Geraldo Rivera Al Capone video might be in the making.

The Ocean Explorer crew includes 13 researchers, including a sonar expert, and a camera crew from Swedish TV that will document the event. Lindberg said he is in negotiations with Microsoft to see if the event can be carried live on the Internet, from the remote location in international waters via video streaming.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Looks like to me that they are PURPOSELY trying to add mystery to what they have found which usually translate to nothing but hype.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
This just in...

Famed archaeologist Henry Walton Jones will be heading up the investigation of the mysterious Baltic Sea Anomaly.

He is a very famous archaeologist that has been all over the world and has even sought after the famed Crystal Skulls and The Ark of the Covenant.

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised. And it's probably live broadcast on the Art Bell show as well. This is a circus which is already beyond ridicule.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This just in...

Famed archaeologist Henry Walton Jones will be heading up the investigation of the mysterious Baltic Sea Anomaly.

He is a very famous archaeologist that has been all over the world and has even sought after the famed Crystal Skulls and The Ark of the Covenant.

And I hear that the divers from Ocean-X have been nominated to receive the Nodel Prize for exobiological research, due to them being the first to establish contact with a sentient "rock bean".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Could the object be the remnant of a giant turtle-shell?
Maybe a species even bigger than a Giant Archelon Ischyros
Something left over from the early Cretaceous Period, or earlier, that we haven't seen yet.
I think it is possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Maybe it's the dolphins 'place of worship'.

They are hoping to be delivered from the 'black water' and the noisy 'undead whales' (or subs as we call them).

Just a thought.

We do usually call any discovered 'artificial' structure a religious site don't we.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Cool article, although it seems like there is nothing proven about this rock yet except there are some markings on it. They should just crack it open.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just figured this whole thing out on another thread.

This is the entrance to the fabled Kingdom of Mer...where all the mermaids and mermen and even little merbabies have been hiding all this time! It lies in an underground lake system that is located, strangely enough, directly under the Vatican, where George Lucas (who is, of course, in movie makeup to look like an old man) is really the Pope. This also explains the strange sphere within a sphere art located within The Vatican's perimeter...it is really a representation of the destroyed Death Star, which still orbits a planet in our solar system...the humans call it Mimos.
What other conclusion could anyone ever reach?

I'm willing to bet it was extra terrestrials.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

This just in...

And I hear that the divers from Ocean-X have been nominated to receive the Nodel Prize for exobiological research, due to them being the first to establish contact with a sentient "rock bean".

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

If this is a real image (and I assume it is) it is quite strange. Also

Even more odd for a seemingly natural formation, the main object is disc-shaped and “appears to have construction lines and boxes drawn on it,” Lindberg said. “There are also straight edges.”

Pretty weird, surely? I'm still on the fence but this does seem like "something new" or possibly newsworthy.
edit on 18/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Does this thing look natural? Look closely now. Whatever that is, is man-made to me and I've seen some wonders of the natural world but that, looks man-made.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I never said I bought the UFO aspect but the picture was new to me, despite all the propaganda and "news" that was "brought to the surface". Ahem...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

So you think this is some kind of a scam?

Meh, it could be anything. None of us has the luxury to dive in there and look at that thing up close do we? But you're right, they haven't said anything solid. Its as if they're withholding information on purpose and just feeding people nonsensical BS.

However as much as I love the mystery of it all, I'm going to have to say that I think its just a funky looking rock

Possibly one that was inhabited? or played around by humans long long ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Pics or it didn't happen.

Exactly, imagine the backlash when all these seemingly amazing statements end up relating to something mundane.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Ok, I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say....maybe they don't know what it is...maybe they are truly amazed by this thing...but, more importantly, maybe they are under a non competition clause with the funders (Titan TV) and they aren't allowed to say anything....so they try to choose their words carefully. Now does that mean they weren't instructed to hype up their discovery? Who knows..I would if it were me..besides these guys are treasure hunters not scientists. Do I wish they were more forthcoming with information? Of course, but they have stated that they turned all their samples and research over to scientists so it can be analyzed properly. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what the results are once they are allowed to release their findings. If they spill the proverbial beans too soon they may not get paid...or get sued, a situation that is understandable for sure. In the meantime, enjoy reading all the theories and wild speculations, they are quite entertaining! Cheers!
edit on 20-6-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling nazi got me!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The large stone in the image does not seem to be 200 feet in size. Also, from the picture it's difficult to identify where the supporting 8 meter pillar would be - is it supposedly buried underneath the sea floor? There's a fair amount of ambiguity in the story and while i'm willing to grant some space for hype given the circumstances, one must to draw the line somewhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What concerns me about the images posted, like the dome-shaped object shown above, is that we, as remote viewers, have no idea as to the location of the object. I think the Ocean X team should mark the location of objects they release on the sonar scan. That would be most helpful in aiding research.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Heck with aliens. I really hope it's a clue to our past such as a long lost people. From a very long time ago. To me that would be much cooler.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Oh good , I was just thinking there aren't enough threads on this Baltic Sea UFO we really need more .
I think its Noah's Ark from Mars and when we get inside the mysteries of the Universe will be revealed by a Holographic Martian ... jUst a thought .
Go Ocean X

'If an intelligent life form built a spaceship, why not make it out of stone or coral?'
- Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team

edit on 18-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add Quote

And there's the clue in what Peter Lindberg has said. Why not make a spaceship with a ceramic skin? This form of covering would be ideal to deflect heat on entering the Earth's atmosphere. I suspect if they make a drilling into the circular anomaly that metal will be discovered on the inside. I have to admit this is pure speculation but if they do find 'ancient metal' this should keep the skeptics and debunkers quiet for a while..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join