It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A convicted felon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What would a ex- convicted felon do as president that a non-convict wouldn't do?

It is time we give the people who've had it hard the power.

They could truely change things for the better.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Well if that is what you think, then you are in luck. Currently, America has 2+ million of the world's 9+ million prisoners. Not only that, but we have the oldest prisoners, the youngest prisoners, the longest prison sentences, and the longest probationary sentences. We also have the most people in probationary services as well.

That being said, the ex-convict would probably go first for prison reform. With all those people in jail, it is no wonder we have had the lowest average voter turnout out of every democracy for the last 50 years. It would also free up a lot of money.
edit on 18-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I for one would love to a convicted felon to be president, darn how about we elect Charles Manson or some mobster to be president im sure they know how to run a economy ^_^

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You're out of your mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

At least Mr. Mansion is somewhat honest.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Most politicians are criminals anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm sure things would be a lot more honest though, even if you didn't like the things they were "proposing".

ETA Bah! Poster 2 places above beat me to it!.

edit on 18/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Depends on who you have in mind?

The Night stalker or the BTK killer, or that Sandusky guy from Penn state who is "soon to be'.?
Or the guy that pistol whips your wife/daughter to steal her purse?

I hear articles where people is prison, try to run for office ocasionaly, and pay the dough to enter certain elections.
(there slogan must be, "do as I say but not what I do"?)
(if they want to run,they should organize a campaign)

I know there are many people who have made foolish mistakes who are not bad and evil in the least bit.
Especially with the marijuana laws.

The way politics are now, probly would be a credential to have a felony..
Experience.

LOL

Could be bad also,if your trying to come clean and start over.
Jumping in the swimming pool with politicains.
Kinda like you were a chronic drunk,went sober with treatment and AA ,then you get a job at a liquor store or a vinyard.

There are people who never called in sick for many years,work as janitors,dishwashers also, and fast food.
They have it hard to.

There are many ex-felons also who wear the cloth and do help programs and are wonderfull people.
Probly better than our politicans.
Many others as well who made foolish mistakes 20 years ago.

Tad confused on this thread also, but it is general chit chat.

In Russia and Mexico,they are all ready our in power,just not convicted.
Here also,just a tad more harder to get away with it.

Smile from me.

Molly

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
What would a ex- convicted felon do as president that a non-convict wouldn't do?

It is time we give the people who've had it hard the power.

They could truely change things for the better.

Just saying.

Well, first of all, one cannot be a " ex- convicted felon," as if one is convicted of a felony, that one is always and forever a felon. So one cannot be an ex, save for a thing known as Post Conviction Relief, which is very hard to obtain.

As to your question, I thing ANY person not a Lawyer would do a much better job as president that what we are used to. And as all Lawyers who sit in Public Office are guilty of Treason, a felony with the death penalty, (hanging) we are already being run by criminals.

The Original Thirteenth Article of Amendment
To The Constitution For The United States

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them." [Journal of the Senate]
Source

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I don't think so Bro.
I do have a better idea though in my humble opinion anyway.
Instead of making our felons leaders, how about we make our leaders felons?!!
I'm sure that the ratio of innocent in prison would be greatly reduced.
I just don't believe that there are many if any politicians that work for anything other than their own interests, rather than for the people.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Newagekid2012, I don't know where to start. Really. Good day to you sir, and welcome to the planet.

top topics

join