It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doublespeak? Say it ain't so!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So here I am, looking for some information and I come across yet another Christian hate site. There are plenty of them so finding one is not very hard. But as I am reading, I am amazed.

I was looking for some information on a book called A Bridge to Light. Then I see this:

A Bridge to Light Falsely Claims that Christianity Affirms Dualism
A Bridge to Light misrepresents Christian doctrine in several areas. For example, it claims that Christianity accepts the principle of dualism as taught by Zoroaster [p. 311]. Zoroaster was an ancient Iranian false prophet who founded the religion called Zoroastrianism. He taught that there are two equal and mutually hostile forces in the world. One is the source of all good, while the other is the source of all evil. [Walter A. Elwell, ed. Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House Co., 1984), p. 334]. Scottish Rite Freemasonry embraces belief in this type of dualism. According to A Bridge to Light, dualism is found in both the teachings and symbols of the Scottish Rite [pp. 18, 81, 133].
Response:
The concept of the universe as a duality is incompatible with biblical Christianity. Christian theologian Millard J. Erickson writes that "the biblical teaching on creation disallows any type of dualism" [Millard J. Erickson, Christian Theology, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1983), p. 371]. Dualism is incompatible with Christianity because it rejects the Christian belief that God is all-powerful (omnipotent). The religion of Zoroastrianism rejects the omnipotence of God because of its belief in dualism [Christian Theology, p. 414]. A Bridge to Light's claim that Christianity derived its belief in dualism from Zoroastrianism is untrue both historically and theologically.

link to Christian hate website

So I have to ask, is there a devil or not?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
So I have to ask, is there a devil or not?

No.

But if there were he would be hanging with the Tooth Fairy and Lepruchans.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Christian hate sites... As bad as they are, at least them sites are pretty hiden and hard to find unless searched for specifically, unlike Islam hating sites such as:

Skynews
CNN
Foxnews
BBC

And so forth..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Interestingly, De Hoyos issued "A Closer Look" at that "closer look":

Link

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Dualism is incompatible with Christianity because it rejects the Christian belief that God is all-powerful (omnipotent).

The very notion of ominpotence and omnipresence pretty much destroys any credibility of hellfire, damnation, and evil. There are many problems with believing in any organized religion, but there are plenty of good things when people come together for a common good. So I think religions are wonderful tools for open-minded and critical thinking people, but they are also powerfully dangerous for fanatical and easily manipulated people.

Starred and Flagged, ND, although I probably won't waste too much energy fighting the fanatics, it never does any good.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The actual component of who is in charge on this physical earth is undoubtedly "the bad", and it is not too hard to see which way this is going. Good versus evil; so I cannot imagine this not as a duality environment.

Currently 1/3 of the Angels in Heaven have revolted along with their illuminating leader, speaking Spiritually, so in the duality of the mode to which we are connected to Spirit, we are the mirror of that reality.

Here, right now, 2/3 of the humans have rejected Him! Only 1/3 true believers are standing.

It is all about embodiment as a whole. This is not GOD's realm any more than it is the Fallen, it is within grasp of both and we are the Temple that can house Him. So what if the bad have it good! It won't last!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I'm trying to work out the math here... just a thought experiment.

So, basically God gets 2/3 of the angels, and 1/3 of the humans.

The 'other dude' gets 1/3 of the angels, but does he 'automatically' get the 2/3 of humans? Or just those who reject God?

I understand the concept that the material world is corrupt, and agree. I don't think I can buy defaulting to the dark side.

Radio Edit:

As a corollary, and I know this is a struggle for the ages, but did the "Creator" create both good and evil?

OK ADHD kicking in... just had a light bulb...

Scientists say that perhaps 75% of the mass of the universe is 'missing' in the form of Dark Matter, and Dark Energy that is literally ripping the universe a new one by pulling it apart.

I just blew my own mind.

That JUST happened.

Shake and bake.....
edit on 6/18/12 by emsed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Starred and Flagged, ND, although I probably won't waste too much energy fighting the fanatics, it never does any good.

after spending last week hearing all about how we as masons were worshiping the wrong God, (IE, Satan) I was confused. If Satan doesn't exist, then whom are we supposed to be worshiping?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I think they need to Kill Kenny and let him command the forces of Heaven.

It worked in South Park.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Ok, can't resist.

Are you Christian?

If God is omnipotent, then what the hell does a "revolt" mean? Do you understand the term omnipotent?

If you believe in an omnipotent being, that being knows everything and is capable of everything, all the time, and a revolt doesn't happen without God allowing it to happen, and it ends when God decides it will end. The very idea of some power struggle would mean you just don't comprehend the term omnipotent. There is no power struggle, there is only God! If you believe in an omnipotent and omnipresent being, there is no place, and no time ever in eternity where God is not present. There isn't a time or a place ever in eternity where God is not completely in control.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

after spending last week hearing all about how we as masons were worshiping the wrong God, (IE, Satan) I was confused. If Satan doesn't exist, then whom are we supposed to be worshiping?

I think the false god is green and crinkly. It is pervasive to everything everyone does, just like God is. It is omnipresent just like God, and if it isn't present its absence is duly noted and a source of extreme stress. It is responsible for rise and fall of politicians and empires. It arranges marriages and contributes to divorce, and it is necessary and present at every births, deaths, abortions, funeral, and miracle.

That isn't the one the Masons worship though, that is the one everyone seems to worship, including many Masons, and anyone that doesn't worship it is quickly destroyed and left entirely impotent to survive in this culture..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As far as I know, you are a Mason.
So please tell me, you label the website in your link a "hate site".
Just what makes it hateful? Or is this just yet more propaganda and indoctrination from the masons?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Just what makes it hateful? Or is this just yet more propaganda and indoctrination from the masons?

The OP seemed like a question. It doesn't seem like hate, propaganda, or indoctrination? It is a question. Is there a devil or not? Is there duality, or is there omnipotence? It is a question for all religious folks.

What do you think? Is God omnipotent, or is there a devil, or is there some way both can be correct?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

the fact that it tries to tear apart masonry by comparing it to Christianity. The objective is to paint masonry as an evil force incompatible with Christianity. While I fully agree that it is incompatible with that form of cult Christianity, masonry is fully compatible with the teachings of Jesus Christ. They use negativity and hate to push an agenda. Clear?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

The OP seemed like a question. It doesn't seem like hate, propaganda, or indoctrination? It is a question. Is there a devil or not? Is there duality, or is there omnipotence? It is a question for all religious folks.

What do you think? Is God omnipotent, or is there a devil, or is there some way both can be correct?

The OP seemed like a question?
I asked him why he labeled the the linked website as a 'hate site'?
Is it because it exposes Freemasonry?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The OP seemed like a question?
I asked him why he labeled the the linked website as a 'hate site'?
Is it because it exposes Freemasonry?

Well, if it is a Mason-hating site, then he would label it a hate site wouldn't he? There is nothing to "expose" as you worded it, and the vast majority of Masons in the US are actually Christians, and most normal Christians wouldn't be hating on the Masons or creating special websites against them.

So, he called it a "hate-site" because it happens to be a "hate site."

Now, he also asked the more important question for all of our Christian ATSers. Is there a devil or not? I'm curoius to see the answers myself. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't mean to offend, let's refer to it as a dislike site. Better?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't mean to offend, let's refer to it as a dislike site. Better?

Common, why stop there? Go totally Politically Correct and call it a 'belief-driven disagreement of opinion site'.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

are you a lefty in disguise?

You use your mouth prettier than a $20 dollar an hour...... never mind. (Blazing Saddles reference)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

the fact that it tries to tear apart masonry by comparing it to Christianity. The objective is to paint masonry as an evil force incompatible with Christianity. While I fully agree that it is incompatible with that form of cult Christianity, masonry is fully compatible with the teachings of Jesus Christ. They use negativity and hate to push an agenda. Clear?

Now there we go again, assigning names like 'hate' and 'cult' to something that you do not understand.
If you understood His teachings, you would already know that Masonry is anti-Christ and you would know that the final little horn of Daniel encompasses your organisation. The 'peak' with an eye of man. Clear?

If you understood His words you would already know the answer to the question that you ask. I therefore know that you do not speak Truth, nor hold it as valuable. If you are of the Father, you would know the answer to your question, so why ask? To simply be able to write words like 'hate' and 'cult' and 'Christianity' in one paragraph is my guess. Untruths cannot ever gain ground without deceit, lies, misdirection or name-calling. Truth doesn't need any of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join