It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible revelation about X37B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
New info to update to ARKENs orignal post on the secret military X37B space plane

ARKENs original post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

New Article from yesterday;
www.mnn.com...

The startling NEW revelation is that the X37B are UNMANNED and capable of REENTRY AND REMOTE LANDING.

If they can fly a plane into space and have it re-enter our atmosphere and land by remote control, it's not a far stretch to think a) you could remotely fly commercial aircraft into buildings or b) you could drop a drone out of space into enemy airspace virtually undetected and have unmatched first strike capability against anyone on the planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i think the auto pilot in a modern commercial plane is good enough to land in most weather conditions already

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

This revelation is about as new as the revelation that fire is hot.

The first one landed...by itself...2 years ago.

And the first spacecraft to land autonomously was the Russian Buran shuttle in 1988.

edit on 18/6/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was reading Area 51 last summer wherein the author researched decalssified documents on the activities and products at the site over the years.

If we had spy craft (SR-71) that were capable of 60,000-70,000 feet at 1300 knots back in the 50s and 60s, we can only imagine the technology that exists now.

And this is just what they are disclosing publicly.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ummmmm

“With OTV-1, we proved that unmanned space vehicles can be sent into orbit and safely recovered. With OTV-2, we tested the vehicle design even further by extending the 220-day mission duration of the first vehicle, and testing additional capabilities. We look forward to the second launch of OTV-1 later this year and the opportunity to demonstrate that the X-37B is an affordable space vehicle that can be repeatedly reused.”

Source

The whole appeal of this thing is the fact that the X37B is unmanned.

Did you think they sent someone up to fly it back? i'm confused, how you could even be confused about this, as when you google it, you can't help but be slapped about the face with:

X37B and unmanned

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Uhm.... Arken's first post about it had an article quoted, and in the first SEVEN WORDS of that article it said that it was unmanned. That was March of this year. So that means that we've known AT LEAST that long that it is. Although from before OTV-1 launched in April 2010 they said it was.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Depending on it's cargo capacity this is good news, as no crew allows for greater safe acceleration and maneuver options. Now they need to make sure it's hack proof.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lhuhikwdwoo

The cargo bay is roughly the size of a pickup truck bed. It's small enough that a full sized shuttle could carry two of them into orbit (if it was still flying).

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don´t know why this should be incredible.
All you need is a reliable connection to your vehicle, the rest is kindergarten.
I admit, a stable connection is not that easy, but you always have functions to rule out connection loss.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

One wonders where you have been applying your attention these last few years?
Seriously!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Didn't they launch an unmanned aircraft in space already?

Then they lost it, or it crash landed back to Earth.

I think that was like a year or two.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

No, it went "missing" for like two months, in that the usual tracking websites couldn't find it anymore. It landed nicely in December of 2010. That was OTV-1, the first X-37.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ohh, Okay.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Manhater

No, it went "missing" for like two months, in that the usual tracking websites couldn't find it anymore. It landed nicely in December of 2010. That was OTV-1, the first X-37.

If this was really true, that it was truly missing and not merely moved to another earth orbit for INTEL work and not reported, then we must wonder about the ability to track such a large object by those assigned precisely to do that. They know to the second where these important bodies are out there. So we should have a ton of suspicions about why it reportedly was MIA and mysteriously returned. (Frankly, I had not followed the details of the thing until my interest was just piqued by it being "lost.")

So it had the cargo hold the size of a pickup truck? What could it do that an INTEL satellite could not do? Something just doesn't seem right about this affair.

Outfitted with some type of super-drive contained in that cargo area, it could have gone to Mars and back in two months. To the Moon and back would have been a snap. But I guess we are to assume that it was on a INTEL mission?

The bottom line being that all of the space powers in the world know full well where the ship went but not the general public that paid to put it there. So in plain english, if the Chinese and the Russians can know where the damned thing went, why can't we peons.?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

It wasn't missing from people that are supposed to track it. It was missing from websites run by amateurs. It almost definitely was just in a different orbit and it just took them time to find it again.

A cargo hold is a great place to do other things than just spy on people. As someone pointed out in another thread it's the perfect place to grow crystals for things like lasers. Or to develop viruses etc. There's a LOT that can be done in a cargo hold that size.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

You are spot on, people NEVER think about that. My D.O.D. contact with very high security clearence and very good friend told me over Christmas that this shuttle was going a little further than our upper atmosphere. He's told me that we've sent satellites to orbit Mars since the 50s. Those rockets that the Air Force launch and don't tell the public what they are for, they are satellites most likely going to Mars. I have NO DOUBT that is where this shuttle was at since that is what my one of my best friends said to me and if someone thinks they were tracking it, they were tracking a dummy. They want to teraform that planet and I dont know how far they are cause he wasn't sure, but he said they were definitely in the planning stages on how to do this. Take what I just said anyway u want, I have no picture, yet, and Im not going to try and argue to try and convince anyone but when he tells me stuff like this, I never doubt what he says.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wonder if Aliens are going to kidnap the next shuttle to go MIA. I do wonder why they would lose it. I think it has to do with testing of the publics reaction or lack of a reaction.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slapmyface

They didn't lose it. The people that needed to know where it was, knew the entire time. It was the amateurs, and people that weren't involved in the project that "lost" it. It most likely was a simple orbit change, and it took a long time to find it again.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I Think that renders my theory useless then.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

so pretty soon they can send fleets of these manned with robot worker drones to mars,, to assemble colonies,,, build buildings and begin terraforming...

top topics

join