It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza Vending Machines Coming to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Say it isn't so, ATS!!!!!

According to thisarticle

It's been a banner week for vending machines. First, we told you about Rugbeer, the Cerveza Salta vending machine that dishes out beer if you slam into it hard enough. Now comes word of a vending machine with a dish just as tasty: pizza.

So this is mixed feelings. I love pizza, but something about the idea of getting it from a vending machine....its just wrong.

I think our society is far too "convenient" as it is. We need LESS of these conveniences, not more. While I'm not suggesting this is some major conspiracy, it almost seems like one. I guess a conspiracy to get your money, perhaps.

Don't fall for this, ATS. Spend the time to make a pizza together as a family. Make memories with a side order of pepperoni...they last a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just what the heaviest country in the world needs...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm ambivalent. It could be a good thing, but I don't see how they can keep the pizzas from spoiling.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Makes them from scratch.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I heard about this on a news program a few days ago. The pizza vending machine lets the customer pick out the crust they want...what type of sauce...and the toppings....the machine then puts the order together...cooks it and delivers it to the customer in around 5 minutes.

I know that there are many people in society that will go for this.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Can't be worse than any of those american fast food chains that sell 'Pizza' or at least they call it Pizza even though it either is cardboard with chemicals (pizza hut) or has no real taste (Little Caesar) - maybe it's even an improvement for the americans

We ll i stick to real italian Pizza made on a Wood-burning oven with fresh ingredients

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is ingenious. There should be several on every college campus.

Hmm... I may invest in this.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
at only 100 pizza's before it needs a refill i dont think its designed for any major area as i could imagine it needing refilling every 5 hours and after seeing video's of people going mental because they can't get what they want at 3am in a 24 hour burger joint it'll probably be pizza zombies ambushing the poor maintenance guy at 4am demanding immediate action as they haven't eaten for an entire hour

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

yep. Another way to pack on the pounds.

But it started in Europe, if you read the article....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Just think about the person who thought to himself, "Maybe I should create a pizza vending machine."

What a mind!

edit on 18-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't know if I see this doing well.
Why would I get a pizza at a vending machine when I could order one to my house.

This might work well in heavily trafficked places like rest stops. But normally?
I don't know.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Look at the bright side, we're 1 step closer to Star Trek...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There goes an increase to the obesity epidemic. Too many people love pizza in this country. Now making it as convenient as dropping a few quarters into a vending machine will cause more midsections to grow.

I remember watching a news clip of cup cake vending machines coming to a city near you! Pretty soon the size "small" will no longer be found in our clothing stores.

edit on 18-6-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

You're wrong.

Eh. Do people really eat out of vending machines?! Sounds disgusting to me, but then I live in Buffalo, NY- home of the best pizza in the US...and possibly best food in the nation considering the large diversity of ethnicity here!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Their goes an increase to the obesity epidemic. Too many people love pizza in this country. Now making it as convenient as dropping a few quarters into a vending machine will cause more midsections to grow.

I remember watching a news clip of cup cake vending machines coming to a city near you! Pretty soon the size "small" will no longer be found in our clothing stores.

I feel an attack of the munchies coming on.

I don't know which machine I want to try first!!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Dammit, now i want a pizza.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

HAHA so true...

And don't forget the people who drink that need their munchie fix after a long night. I think they need one on every corner now.

Awesome ideal.

Who ever thought of this machine is a pure genius.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well at least it beats little ceasars preheated cardboard pizza's, at first I thought this was the same idea but now that I see it's made their to order, it seems like pretty good idea....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Ha, I am sorry... I am wrong about what exactly?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I never eluded to the fact that it was made in the USA. I had seen this before and knew it was from Europe... I
just saying that vending machine pizzas are not exactly what the most over weight country in the world needs right now.

But by all means eat up that very healthy looking vending machine pizza....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join