It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Upon A Time In America - if you're awake, then waken others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I just came across this video and found it worthy of sharing. No, it's not UFO footage or some breaking story about a conspiracy being exposed. It's just plain reality of how the once Great Idea for this new country called America has slipped further from grips and is now all but out of reach.

This vid also questions the founders original intent, what with writing this Constitution and Bill of Rights favorable most to their lives and lifestyles. Hmmm...what ABOUT the blacks and Indians back then?

I am a patriot of...the country I thought we were or used to be. I am duly sworn to protect the country I thought we were or used to be. I will fight for the country I thought we were or used to be.

Whatever we were or used to be, it's not what we are now. Sad really.

But I am not ignorant, nor am I asleep. I am not paranoid or crazy either. I can read the writing on the wall. The signs are everywhere.

I am responsible first to myself and my family.

So are you.

And then, my country.

"The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government" - Thomas Paine

I think the least we can do is share information with others, especially those who still believe the government works in their best interest.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm way ahead of u i make it a part of my day to at least try to wake up 1 person everyday...I have succeeded with some...some are a little harder...

Proud to say I just made my dad wake up today. I guess u can call it a fathers day gift from me to him...my moms gonna be a little harder to wake up since she knows very little English and I have to try to explain to her in Spanish and shes just so damn stubborn..
edit on 18-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Holy crap that is one of the best videos ive seen posted on ATS in quite a while!!! Everyone needs to flag this

It is so true, we need to start saying NO I will not comply with your bull#%^!

I do not consent to you ruling over me!
edit on 18-6-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I'm way ahead of u i make it a part of my day to at least try to wake up 1 person everyday

Way to go, Brother. Success and Blessings to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

It is so true, we need to start saying NO I will not comply with your bull#%^!

Did you dig all the "DISOBEY" stuff?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I encourage you doing so.
Its just that I realised that most will agree, they only agree during pre determine ammount of time.
They usually go back to latent state as soon the first bill of the months comes in.
Next time you bring anything to the table they will often argue saying "Its not like we need to go back to a horses and chariots." "Heck we should invade Iran so we can keep our oil relatively cheap." "Shhh shh, the football game is starting"

It is like it is, everyone is struggling their way to keep up.
Scared and full of incertainty, we fit ourselves in a society who's driven by OUR own personal quality of life.
There is 300 million little despot making sure democracy will prevail.

Recently I kinda stopped losing my time arguing. I just try to minimise the ripple effect from my end.
Its sad but so far, from my perspective. 90% of people I talk to doesn't give a freaking crap about people dying left and right in the middle east or that Monsanto is feeding us "things" that they wouldn't even dare to eat.
In fact its not that they doesn't give a damn, its more like they would do the same if they were in a position.
edit on 18-6-2012 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Representative Mike Bost goes berserk! That was EPIC! We need more like him!

“Total power in one person’s hands – not the American way!” Bost said.

He proceeded to throw several sheets of paper in the air and punch them as they landed.

“These damn bills that come out here all the damn time, come out here at the last second!” Bost said as he threw the papers on the floor. “I’ve got to figure out how to vote for my people!”

“You should be ashamed of yourselves! I’m sick of it!” Bost went on. “Every year! We give power to one person! It was not made that way in the Constitution! He was around when it was written! Now we give him – we’ve passed rules that stop each one of us! Enough! I feel like somebody trying to be released from Egypt! Let my people go!”

Lawmaker EXPLODES Over 'Unconstitutional' Bill

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I personally, have opened my eyes to the complete failure of the Constitution of the United States, and it's people having any power comparable to those few who are wealthy. I also assume there will be no change in this regard unless a new type of government, with a new Constitution, is called for. Perhaps the break-up of the United States into a few separate countries will be the only way to stop the U.S. from invading other countries around the world. I don't see any sign of a revolution occurring in this country to change the system, unless the majority of people are starving.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I personally, have opened my eyes to the complete failure of the Constitution of the United States
reply to post by trysts

Is it the Constitution that has failed, or the government failing to abide by the Constitution?

I am in agreement that there are parts that are not perfect since its genesis (for instance, all men were not treated equally at the time of its inception), but now ALL of its parts are being trampled and disgarded.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

I don't think the Constitution of the United States has "failed us", simply because I don't know if they intended people like me to be part of the "we". I'm not a landowner, nor do I come from some privileged family tree. I'm not in awe of the Constitution. It was written and signed by hypocrites. It's a vague, malleable document which I imagine was meant to be refined to suit the ruling class.

top topics

join