It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama milestone he reaches his 100 round of golf in office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

The link above tells us how are beloved commander in chief has played his 100 round of golf in office . Given the fact it takes 5 hours to play a round Obama in his 3.5 years in office has spent 500 hours on the course , this does not count travel time to and from plus getting his swing lube at the 19 th hole before , after and during. Tis works out to 12 weeks of work for the average 40 hour per week person .

Our country slips into the abyss while he keeps his eye on the golf ball , I bet dimes to dollars he does the old Ted knight caddy shack thing and moves his ball to preferred LIES . So what do you think ATS is he a real life hacker or a pro ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by Azadok2day

My honest opinion? You have too nmuch time on our hands. Its almost like you are making the assumption that not only is he a bad president for playing golf... But that he's the only president to do so in history..

How many hours a year do you spenmd on ATS or political websites? I'm sure you are still a perfectly functioning person are you not? The man is doing his job, and with all of the far right stepping in his way with BS like this I say he's doing it pretty well. So what if he plays gold.... Would you rather him go the Republican way and hire a gay hooker to blow off steam?

Threads like this are ridiculous and are exactly what is detracting from REAL threads here on this site.. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I suggest you get a life.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by itswhatev
Reply to post by Azadok2day

My honest opinion? You have too nmuch time on our hands. Its almost like you are making the assumption that not only is he a bad president for playing golf... But that he's the only president to do so in history..

How many hours a year do you spenmd on ATS or political websites? I'm sure you are still a perfectly functioning person are you not? The man is doing his job, and with all of the far right stepping in his way with BS like this I say he's doing it pretty well. So what if he plays gold.... Would you rather him go the Republican way and hire a gay hooker to blow off steam?

Threads like this are ridiculous and are exactly what is detracting from REAL threads here on this site.. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I suggest you get a life.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

He is the president of the united states , golf teaching pros barely spend that kind of time on the course . I begrudge no man his free time but this is abuse , a round of golf costs the tax payers tens of not hi dress of thousands of dollars setting up the logistics with security . Really now smarten up.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Just sayin'.
edit on 17-6-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by itswhatev

I take it, you don't pay taxes. Or you would like to know what your taxes were paying for. I sure wouldn't hire someone to run my Company, then sit back while they played 100 rounds of golf on my dime. OUR taxes pay him for the job WE HIRED/elected him to do.

IMO...he turned in a false resume to get the job, and he doesn't do the job we hired him to do.

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I would say the same exact thing about any president , even if they were doing a good job .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And Bush took 987 days on vacation during his two terms.

The president is just a figurehead anyway. Its not like he does anything truly meaningful. We should all be ashamed to be trapped in such a corrupt system where we vote for a guy that needs to raise millions and millions of dollars in fundraising efforts in a press campaign just to take a job that pays $400,000 a year.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Dont you think your time would be better spent focusing on more substantial problems with the Obama Administration, like NDAA, Drones, Libya, etc, than complaining that he plays golf? Hell, Bush had to wars going on and still had time to vacation in Texas more than any other president ever. Reagan used to take naps. Clinton took jogs. People ARE allowed free time, even when POTUS.

He's playing golf. Big deal. So have several other presidents. They LIVE at their job. And Golf is a very common way to conduct informal business meetings.He's played golf with Republicans, discussing policy He's played golf with foreign dignitaries.

Seriously, this is just absurd fluff.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

They all go hand in hand , he Obams like another poster suggested is just a figure head . He will finish his round maybe have some papers slid under his nose that an aide will say sign here . It's just another piece of the puzzle in the death throws of a nation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

The president is just a figurehead anyway. Its not like he does anything truly meaningful. We should all be ashamed to be trapped in such a corrupt system where we vote for a guy that needs to raise millions and millions of dollars in fundraising efforts in a press campaign just to take a job that pays $400,000 a year.

I don't believe that number you posted for bush and vacation days , that is nearly three full years . Provide a credible link or it's a bull crap lie .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

I don't believe that number you posted for bush and vacation days , that is nearly three full years . Provide a credible link or it's a bull crap lie .

www.huffingtonpost.com... ca_n_158902.html

Bush Spent 487 Days At Camp David, 490 Days At Texas Ranch During

W spent 32% of his total time in office on vacation.

But it has NOTHING to do with your dislike of Obama, huh. You have an issue with all presidents who do this type of thing, right?
edit on 17-6-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Aglow much of that time was bush working in these locations and for the record he was a slacker too.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: Thought

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Aglow much of that time was bush working in these locations and for the record he was a slacker too.

What kind of a question is this, other than one that fully admits that your issue is with obama, not the golf that he has played? You want to try and justify the fact that bush took more vacation than any president ever by the fact that he may have spent some of that vacation time working, yet want to tear obama apart for his golfing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well, your link says he plays on the weekends, and it also says that 15 of the 18 presidents since Theodore Roosevelt have played golf as well. It also says he sometimes brings business to the greens, so he is able to multitask. Hmmm, doesn't sound so horrific to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow, it took him 3 1/2 years to get in 100 rounds of Golf? Bush had that whipped in the first few months of his and then spent 75% of his time on his ranch.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

that's 33.8% of his time, 1/3 of the time he had, he spent on vacation!

I'm glad he did. Imagine how much damage he could have done if he had been there 24/7!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

What kind of a question is this, other than one that fully admits that your issue is with obama, not the golf that he has played? You want to try and justify the fact that bush took more vacation than any president ever by the fact that he may have spent some of that vacation time working, yet want to tear obama apart for his golfing.

A round of golf takes a couple of hours. A vacation is a full day. I'd rather he be playing gold then being on vacation.

new topics

top topics

join