It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin is a threat to the globalist banking scum!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Everybody should be checking out this new currency! The NWO is scared to death of this alternative currency! We find a way not to use federal reserve notes which enslave us!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
Everybody should be checking out this new currency! The NWO is scared to death of this alternative currency! We find a way not to use federal reserve notes which enslave us!

There will never be enough of them to go around, it is excellent as a way to move money around underground, but, 21million bitcoins is not going to smash the fiat grip, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
thing is you have to buy bitcoins or buy the good which you are excanging for them

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ive dabbled in bit coin, made a small profit off the exchange and market going up, pretty cool.

I could see using bitcoin if more brick and mortar stores started to except it.

was also surprised by the speed of the transfer transactions.
edit on 17-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can't find it now.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
thing is you have to buy bitcoins or buy the good which you are excanging for them

Assuming bitcoins will always be stable, (big assumption), the beauty of them would be that once you converted to them, you could continually do business with them while bypassing the banks.. The volume would rise and rise, which could theoretically push out the dollar eventually..

So it could be a definate threat to big banks.. Being such a large threat to those in control, I bet someone will try and make it illegal.. But maybe they will not be able to do much about it, which would be good for freedom.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier

There will never be enough of them to go around, it is excellent as a way to move money around underground, but, 21million bitcoins is not going to smash the fiat grip, unfortunately.

Bitcoins are divisible to 8 decimal places, with the option for more if necessary. So even if 1 btc was worth a million dollars portions are able to be traded.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I doubt it will every explode to threaten Fiat currency, also in the end its going to be converted back into fiat currency.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Ive dabbled in bit coin, made a small profit off the exchange and market going up, pretty cool.

I could see using bitcoin if more brick and mortar stores started to except it.

was also surprised by the speed of the transfer transactions.
edit on 17-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

I think the most awesome thing about bitcoin is the Bitcoin stock exchanges such as the GLBSE that have popped up. Now if you have an idea and need funding just list your security and you can have people investing in your stock or bond. Some companies have raised well over 100k (us dollars) for operations already. Of course nothing but bitcoins are used on the stock market. So easy and nice not having to jump through hoops to invest in something, unlike the "real" stock markets. Some securities are paying from 2% (fairly safe investments) to 7% (ultra risky investments) dividends.. per WEEK. Hard to find that kind of return anywhere on the planet.

There are alot of hurdles bitcoin must jump through though. I'm not a real big tech nerd but I understand that the blockchain size is starting to become an issue. Basically every transaction that has ever happened is stored on your computer when you download the software. After a while it can become quite a load on your hard drive space, especially lately since the transaction volume has picked up considerably.

I have faith in the nerds that they will come up with a good solution.
edit on 17-6-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join