It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nik Wallenda conquers Niagara Falls … is the Grand Canyon next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nik Wallenda conquers Niagara Falls … is the Grand Canyon next?

news.nationalpost.com

Emerging out of a cloud of mist, Nik Wallenda ran the last few steps to become the first man in more than a century to cross Niagara Falls on a high wire and singlehandedly bring the Wallenda name back into the public consciousness.

And he made the promise that his next stunt will be crossing the Grand Canyon.
“Hundreds of millions, if not a billion people, will know who Nik Wallenda is tomorrow morning, that’s kind of crazy,” said Mr. Wallenda in a post-walk press conference conducted afterSoaked by the mist and jostled about by wind from the cascades, the wire walker said the harde
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
nikwallenda.com

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
At least he made it across... Thats over 12 story drop into the falls... but he had a tether so either way he wasn't going to fall. I was planning on going to the show, but i found out there was going to be over 100k people there... IF anyones been to the falls on new years... thats only about 35k people... and its packed.... i couldn't even imagine the crowd last night...

He wants to walk over the grand Canyon now...

That would be approx. a mile over the ground...

Think he'll ware a parachute?

Congrats... you crazy fool..

news.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'll walk over Niagara Falls... when they build a bridge. Seriously, this guy is insane! I watched it live.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I caught a small portion of this on television, and not knowing much about what was going on, I was not impressed for the simple fact that he looked to be dragging a rail harness system. The whole point of death-defying feats is to defy death. If you fall and get caught, then the entertainment value drops to almost nothing in my opinion.

Unless he didn't have a harness, and that was something else. This could be because as I said, I didn't really know anything about this and just saw a little bit of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I watched it and was pretty impressed. The fact that he had the the harness did take away some of the excitement. But the fact that he wore it reluctantly doesn't take away the fact that the dude has guts.

The thing that most impressed me though was when he was talking to the announcers and answering questions while walking across! And he was calm as can be. That was insane.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

agree, death following closely behind would have made it the most nerve wrecking 25 mins on television in a long, long time.

but really, who wants see a man fall to his death in front of 120,000 people, including children.

especially, without the tether a good majority wishing you do fall.

but that's the challenge of doing it without a harness, defying death and the vibe of 120,000 people who want you to plummet to your death. the electricity alone would have been incredible.

no true entertainers in the world. but it's not wallendas fault, i bet he would have done it without the harness if meddling politicians in canada and the u.s. weren't invovled.

edit on 16-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Lets please remember what happened to Nik Wallenda's GrandFather...

Im glad they made him use the tether... Me thinks hes tempting God a bit too much...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wallenda didn't conquer anything. He had a safety harness.

He shouldn't have caved to the network. I'd have more respect for him.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm piggybacking this thread because I can't create one of my own yet. Does anybody know if a vortex turbine is possible? I mean a vortex-like turbine with a real turbine beside it, having the vortex power the regular turbine, and the regular turbine's energy powering the vortex: unlimited, safe, vortex turbine energy output. You would need outside initial startup energy, but only once, since it would continue powering itself after that. Anyway, if this hasn't been thought of yet, I won't patent it, because eventually unlimited energy should erase the need for money. I had help from God and possibly spirits, as well as my guardian angel (and then, maybe even others I don't know about), so technically I wouldn't deserve all the credit. This is about saving the world, though, not who does it.

If this can work, please post the idea on any other big internet communities you know about, because the more people working on it, hopefully the sooner it will save us. Also, there is a hidden evil working against us (Antichrist, not Damien/Me), so please take this very seriously.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Apparently I can't edit my previous post. Anyway, include this minor adjustment:

WIND TURBINE.............VORTEX TURBINE.................WIND TURBINE
(energy for vortex,......................................................(free energy,