It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After affect of CME or could New Madrid be Waking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There was a pretty good CME the other day, could this be a reaction to that?

I've lived in St. Louis, nice city and all when I was there, but I never knew about the New Madrid fault line, until a story in The St. Louis Post Dispatch years ago, caused me to change my mind about my location.

Of course, I don't consider this location anybetter then before, but at least we have nice winters.

But could it be a small reminder of the New Madrid fault line it doesn't look like it could be big enough to be a concern and I would definately be a little more worried, if it were coming in swarms, so I can see why it wouldn't be touched by the media. But I guess this is how it being 2012 could cause people to be more qorried then what they should be. What do you think?

sincedutch

Firsthand report from South St. Louis Missouri — at approx 1230pm CDT , June 15, 2012 (today) — minor
rumbling , rattle of windows, and a few glass items rattled on the table tops.

edit on 16-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 16-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Mods you may delete this piece of information, I guess it really wasn't newsworthy enough.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

But could it be a small reminder of the New Madrid fault line it doesn't look like it could be big enough to be a concern and I would definately be a little more worried, if it were coming in swarms, so I can see why it wouldn't be touched by the media. But I guess this is how it being 2012 could cause people to be more qorried then what they should be. What do you think?

The largest earthquake in the history of the United States happened on the New Madrid fault....

en.wikipedia.org...

it caused the Mighty Mississippi to flow BACKWARDS... an estimated 8.1 on the ricter scale... not big enough to cause concern?
It's probably the fault line that will literally split the continent down the middle, destroy buildings, roads, waterways, everything we've built within an 800 mile radius. In terms of earthquakes, it's the equivalent that YellowStone is to volcanos. It's the sleeping giant, just waiting to pop.
edit on 16-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
*bump*
I'm waiting to see what the effects of the recent double CMEs are.
I think you're right, this could be one of them.
I'm no expert. Just a curious watcher... I wonder if we'll be seeing any other effect in the coming days.

join