It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

"This is just so unprecedented and outrageous, that you have to ask the question, would the right-wing president be doing this if we had a white president there?" MSNBC guest and Democratic strategist Julian Epstein said on the channel this afternoon.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Unprecidented?

President's have been mocked and heckled for decades especially Bush getting booed at the inauguration of Obama, and then we can go back even further.

Oh yeah Obama ever had a shoe thrown at him?

What bout Carney getting a black eye?

SO Yes a White president gets heckled just like anyone else, and always with the race card.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I believe Obama got the benefit of the doubt when he was elected, and some may have voted for him precisely to satisfy themselves that their decision was not based on race.

However, 3 1/2 years later, Obama no longer gets the benefit of the doubt, and there are real issues (its the ECONOMY, stupid...remember that??) that he is now judged on. No more tip-toeing towards the other extreme to avoid appearing racist. It's no longer black and white, its green, and people have a lot less of it.

Did anyone expect anything less of MSNBC (the Obama network)?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

lol, that is priceless.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pathetic jounalism, or shall I call it indoctrinization???? It isn't just are children who are being brainwashed, but a lot of our so called educated adults, who have fallen into the trap of believing everything they are told!

Hey Neo!!! Are you a racist too????

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think the guy that kept interrupting the president was disrespectful and Obama handled it well. The shock on the faces of those around him tells the story best.

Oh well he got his 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have to agree with you Neo. This would have to be one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while......except Obama's economic crap he spewed yesterday!

There is always someone trying to split people up by race, religion, politics or whatever else they can think of.

If I didn't have a headache I would give myself the ol' facepalm!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Anyone that ever speaks or performs in front in an audience takes the chance of being heckled.

It was incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and just flat out rude though.

edit on 15-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
answer to the question? yes, if he is an idiot.

edit on 15-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Now that is a man that can lead a country. Not afraid to use some common sense and speak his mind. That is a guy that can stand toe to toe with the Evil Empire and bring down the wall.

Can you imagine Obama standing toe to toe with Putin and talking about the Berlin wall? We would end up paying some large corporation to take down the wall and deeding the space to Russia while Obama apologized for the inconvenience of the entire Cold War and promised to make every effort to make amends for anything that might have offended anyone.... ever.

Too bad there isn't a guy like that on the ballot anywhere. Not even Paul has that leadership ability. Paul has the best policies, but he isn't a natural leader like Reagan.

Where are our leaders?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well............

Heres my contribution !

Not a heckle,but a damn funny picture !!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This wasn't some Joe in the audience of a college stadium.
It was a reporter at the Rose Garden during an address without a Q&A

I won't say it's racially motivated; however, it was totally unprofessional and flat out rude.
And then for his company The Daily Caller to commend him for this...well...you have to question where the base of that disrespect comes from. You can dislike a President's policies all you want, but this was disrespectful and unprofessional on a whole other level.
edit on 15-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The ultra Left is really getting desperate.

That cold icy feeling is "oh-so-ever" present now isn't it ?

They can't stand it because as each day passes it seems, Obama or somebody "on his side" makes it more and more apparent that he in fact may be blow'n the election !!

I think Barack & Michelle have Had IT with Washington and with politics.

They can and will make 10x more money on the TV-Book-Lecture circuit for sure.

I just bet that some new books are already at least half written. Due for release Feb 1, 2013.
(rumor has it that Valerie Jarrett is making the "schedules" as we speak !)

edit on Jun-15-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That guy who did the heckling was an Irish immigrant.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
This wasn't some Joe in the audience of a college stadium.
It was a reporter at the Rose Garden during an address without a Q&A

I won't say it's racially motivated; however, it was totally unprofessional and flat out rude.
And then for his company The Daily Caller to commend him for this...well...you have to question where the base of that disrespect comes from. You can dislike a President's policies all you want, but this was disrespectful and unprofessional on a whole other level.

Spot on. But this is the kind of mentality sites like the daily caller appeal to, uptight tea party hecklers trying to cause trouble where ever they can. It is rather pathetic, that this is what partisans are reduced to. You have to wonder why we make no progress in Washington these days, and then you just need to take a look at the OP and this daily caller reporter, they care about nothing more than political publicity.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Comments like this from pundits and political strategists offend me greatly, and not because of the use of the so-called "race card." I'm offended that people like Julian Epstein assume that we, the consumers of news & information, have NO LONG-TERM MEMORY. It almost seems like these people believe that they can get away with saying anything because most people are either too passive or too lazy to challenge their assertions. In fact, I am even more shocked that NONE of the other panel members was able to challenge the assertion and bring up the fact that, as OP pointed out, it wasn't that long ago that President G.W. Bush had a shoe thrown at him.

I also recall G.W. Bush getting booed during his 2005 State Of The Union Address. Source. Unprecidented???

The way I see it, this incident had nothing to do with race, party affiliation, or any issue du jour. It is simply a result of Mr. Obama being an unpopular President who is presiding over a country whose future in uncertain.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Personally, I'd like to see more reporters heckle the President and his successors.

Rather see that than have them covering up for them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
His actual statement was

"We've never had a white president been told by the opposing party to shut up in the middle of a major address to the Congress"

Which is true.

He wasn't saying no President has never been heckled before. That's just a crappy headline from 'realunclearpolitics'.

Funny how all the comments on here dont seem to know that, even though his actual comment is in the text of the article linked. Sort of like you all just read the headline, accept it as fact, and call it a day.

edit on 15-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Personally, I'd like to see more reporters heckle the President and his successors.

Rather see that than have them covering up for them.

You have a point,

I think perhaps why reporters are getting touchy is question are never allowed, Obama hasn't done many press conferences that weren't set up before hand, he says what till I am finished to ask a question, knowing full well he is not going to allow questions.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The new liberal talking point -
"It was incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and just flat out rude"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join