It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Martin Bashir's show's segment with Romney's bus exploding.question mark?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

On Martin Bashir's poorly rated MSNBC show, he introduced Mitt Romney's bus tour today. The segment started off as normal, with Bashir introducing the show and the date. It was all downhill from there.

MSNBC then cut to a video of Romney, in which they made the video intentionally grainy, then repeatedly zoomed in on him speaking. They quoted Romney with the usual soundbite, then showed his bus driving around.

All of a sudden, Bashir asks, "What could possibly go wrong?" At that moment, the video of Romney's bus cuts to a bus exploding while people can be heard screaming in pain. MSNBC then proceeds to show several clips of buses engulfed in flames as well as a man shooting a cow for some reason.

Then, "Come on Get Happy" blares, implying that Mr. Romney dying in a horrible, flaming death would make the American people ecstatic. You can watch the video below:t

Along with come on get happy?

I think this is sad.

www.punditpress.com...
edit on 053030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if you are vehemently against Romney and adore President ..... This is just ridiculosly unprofessional and if mere comments illicit a "visit" from the Secret Service, why wouldn't this?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Doesn't matter if you are vehemently against Romney and adore President ..... This is just ridiculosly unprofessional and if mere comments illicit a "visit" from the Secret Service, why wouldn't this?

It is absolutely ridiculous, honestly I find it hard to believe they would do such a thing, has everyone lost their mind?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
MSNBC is still on the air?
who knew?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think a secret service visit is in order. And after the Dems bitch and complain about this stuff ALL the time! :shk:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think a secret service visit is in order. And after the Dems bitch and complain about this stuff ALL the time! :shk:

We will see, it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Romney has a habit of shooting himself in the foot, you can't take things in isolation, I'm presuming Bashir is talking, 'Murphy' law' like here,

www.mediaite.com...

Unfortunately American tv news is what it is, Bashir should be avoiding the abrasive aspects that are so inherent there, and just get on with the facts, (whatever they are) and leave the humour to humourists, or HBO, (Bush head on a spike) or something like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't even get it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I don't even get it.

Well, I guess maybe I don't either, did this really happen?

Anyone watch the program?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bush's head on a pike and Romney bus exploding since MSNBC is left. and HBO they always get away with murder be it faked or not.

Bad taste is an understatement wait til the people come saying "non issue" but what?

They didn't think so bout Ted Nugent.
edit on 15-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For real dude? I'm a pretty radical person myself, but seriously?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I just don't get this. No matter what your political persuasion, this is extremely unprofessional. Who at MSNBC possibly thought, "Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's imply that Romney's bus will explode while playing a theme song from the 70s?"

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Bush's head on a pike and Romney bus exploding since MSNBC is left. and HBO they always get away with murder be it faked or not.

Bad taste is an understatement wait til the people come saying "non issue" but what?

They didn't think so bout Ted Nugent.
edit on 15-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are saying, but Nugent was not speculating a scenario, it was more like a statement of intent, with just a little enough ambiguity to keep him walking, don't you think.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew

I just don't get this. No matter what your political persuasion, this is extremely unprofessional. Who at MSNBC possibly thought, "Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's imply that Romney's bus will explode while playing a theme song from the 70s?"

You know I often wonder what it would take to bring the people of opposing political views together, I am so happy to see that we can come together on certain issues.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
People actually watch msnbc?

Yeah, if FOX ran the same thing with Obama's bus, msnbc would be screaming bloody murder.

Who the hell is martin bashir?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You know I often wonder what it would take to bring the people of opposing political views together, I am so happy to see that we can come together on certain issues.

Although extreme I would be just as adamant if it were the "Bus Force One" they did this "parody" with. It isn't even satire...it is outright sick behavior.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Honestly, I think Bashir needs a visit from Danny Bonaduce.

But seriously, absolutely poor taste. MSNBC should leave the poor satire in the hands of NBC's SNL. And that video was about their speed as of the last time I bothered to watch.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Seems like someone very powerful is blatantly using the public airwaves to issue a threat.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's perfectly understandable. I truly believe that the re-election campaign moto is "Anything to win." His supporters have absorbed that philosophy.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yeah that was completely tasteless (and not even funny, which I think is what he was going for).

Just another example of the systematic dumbing-down of our "news" media.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join