It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Cave Paintings May Pre-Date Modern Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
41,000 years old? So, what about before all that?

Stone Age cave paintings thought to be the oldest in the world are so ancient they may not have been created by modern man.

A new study has found the symbols - in 11 caves in northern Spain - are up to 41,000-years-old.

Personally I believe what we accept as the time line of human history is sketchy at best, I also think that the possibility of other advanced civilisations existing numerous times before us, is real.

If the dating is confirmed it would mean that advanced, abstract thinking emerged thousands of years earlier than has been assumed.

Too many times things have been found that change the way we view ourselves and the whole accepted view should be re-looked at imo.

news.sky.com...
edit on 15-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Stone Age cave paintings thought to be the oldest in the world are so ancient they may not have been created by modern man.

A new study has found the symbols - in 11 caves in northern Spain - are up to 41,000-years-old.

Personally I believe what we accept as the time line of human history is sketchy at best, I also think that the possibility of other advanced civilisations existing numerous times before us, is real.

If the dating is confirmed it would mean that advanced, abstract thinking emerged thousands of years earlier than has been assumed.

Too many times things have been found that change the way we view ourselves and the whole accepted view should be re-looked at imo.

news.sky.com...

Well I would hope it would be sketchy, lacking the ability to write would make it a bit suspicious if we knew what Og and Tor had for lunch and their agenda items for discussion on tomorrows ibex hunt....

Lots of civilizations? That is a common held fringe belief, unfortunately what archaeological and other scientific evidence we know have refutes it.

The report the article you are referring to is based on discusses the possibilty that instead of these being made by HSS they were made by HSN
edit on 15/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

news.sky.com...

I agree 100% ,human history is beyond sketchy . Good job.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I've heard of mines that are over 100,000 years old. Stumbled across this thread as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

We're living in a time where a lot of new information is turning up and ideas are changing rapidly.

In a few years, Neanderthals have gone from a popular conception of a dead race of knuckle-draggers to a living element of our own existence. They had a culture and expressed themselves in ways we recognise because we still do the same things.

There's persuasive evidence that they wore specific feathers and painted their skin; they wore shell jewellery. In that light, it isn't surprising that they possibly expressed their ideas through cave art.

If so, it doesn't make them an advanced civilisation, but it might make some of us feel a sense of connection to these distant ancestors as they left their mark in more than DNA. Genomes are pretty abstract compared to an individual leaving a physical trace on a cave wall way back in time and thousands of years past.

If we could touch the artwork, we'd be laying hands on a moment in time that the artist didn't even guess at.

top topics

join