It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder if this police reaction would be the same in America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Found this wee video interesting considering the amount of police brutality videos that are floating around these days. Would you feel safe hitting up a cop about something like this? or would you be afraid of the possible repercussions from a power crazy police officer?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Uh, so you're asking if I'd feel safe with asking an American law enforcement officer a question? Yes I would. Police officers are public servants. Their job is to serve and protect. A vast majority of American LEOs are exceptional at achieving this mission.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm very surprised the two officers didn't get out of the car and procede to batter him senseless.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yes I would.
Coming from germany, I was once driving past our police station and the policemen was about to drive backwards out of his garage. It was a 30km/h zone and I stopped for him to let him drive out. We both had no seatbelts on and while waiting, I recognized I was not wearing my seatbelt. He saw it too and made a warning gesture with his finger (although he had a smile on his face). So I put it on and saw that HE hadn´t his seatbelt fixed, too. So I let down the sidewindow of my car and made the same gesture towards him. He rolled down his too, fixed his seatbelt while letting the clutch come and said to me, with a sparkle in his eyes, while driving by "You never saw anything, so did I" while magical moving his hand in a washing like motion before his head.

Reminded me of that penguin film, where they do the same. We both had a great laugh and the day went on.
Police is nothing you have to fear here if you are friendly. Although they can be ruff if accused but then you wanted it that way.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Maybe they do that in Romania (or whatever third world country this video is from), but not in the USA.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeliefInReality
reply to post by Citybig

Maybe they do that in Romania (or whatever third world country this video is from), but not in the USA.

Please don't make me have to find links to times when they do just that in the US, it would be far too time consuming.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

In the US the cowboy cop would have gotten out of his cruiser and tased the gentleman to death.
I'm thinking the Russian cop thought this guy just might be internal affairs (or whatever the cop police are called over there).
Considering the gentleman sited law and said thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Boy, Russia's come a long way.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Boy, Russia's come a long way.

Agreed, I remember watching "COPS" the Russian episode about 20 years ago.
The cops would arrive at the call, some words were exchanged, the camera pans left or right and comes back to a fully subdued suspect...
Or when the camera skips a few minutes and comes back to a battered suspect.

Good thing it's not that way in the US...
/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No way in hell I would do this here in the USA! I would be dragged from my car, tazed, beaten almost to death then charged as a terrorist!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

My comment may be a little exaggerated. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it happens less than people think. If you've never worked as a LEO, you have no right to question a legitimate dangerous situation. We ask police to go into very volatile and fluid situations every day. Then some of us have the nerve to question the force used during these situations. Nowadays, even when police use OC spray or tasers, people complain about excessive force.

My favorite thing I've read on ATS is when someone asks why the police didn't shoot the guys tires out, or shoot him in the arm. Really?! It's a straight up ignorant thing to write by people who have never been put in that situation. Those people need to stop thinking tv is reality where one bullet will incapacitate a guy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by Citybig

Please don't make me have to find links to times when they do just that in the US, it would be far too time consuming.

I'm sure he/she forgot to put the /sarcasm tag as his/her nick is BeliefInReality

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Regardless of the country it occurs in, surely how Police Officers react depends upon many variables, like which officer you speak to, what sort of day they are having, etc? Police Officers are human, like the rest of us. Those having a bad day will surely react more in a manner that befits their mood? Yes, that would be unprofessional but they are human like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

2 issues -

1 - what is the identity of the person filming / ordering them to obey regs ?

2 - what happened next ?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

OP Would please reply or mention whats happening in the video?

I cannot watch videos at my current place.

Thanks,

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

He knew the citation number by heart...My guess is the car with the camera was another police car or someone higher up in the ranks of the police force.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

My comment may be a little exaggerated. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it happens less than people think. If you've never worked as a LEO, you have no right to question a legitimate dangerous situation. We ask police to go into very volatile and fluid situations every day. Then some of us have the nerve to question the force used during these situations. Nowadays, even when police use OC spray or tasers, people complain about excessive force.

I do not ask the police to do anything for me, and since I pay their wages, I have every single right to question any aspect of the way they handle themselves, conduct their work or their operations. I will question as much as I like.

Your attitude is one TPTB would love us all to have, "we can't ever question what they do, we don't have the right". Sorry buddy, I haven't subjected myself to forced ignorance, I advise you don't either.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't even dream of doing something like this in America. I was actually nervous for the guy in the video. Where I'm from you be lucky if they just laughed in your face and drove off. Worse case they'd get out and put you though the ringer and find something to detain you for. Cops where I'm from are not nice people, and if you don't treat them with the utmost respect your in for it...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Uh, so you're asking if I'd feel safe with asking an American law enforcement officer a question? Yes I would. Police officers are public servants. Their job is to serve and protect. A vast majority of American LEOs are exceptional at achieving this mission.

Protect and serve my a##. There's not just a few bad apples, the whole f*cking tree is rotten.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Haha! We'll see how quickly you run to the police when your house gets broken into.

I'm not saying you don't have a "legal right" to B and complain. In America you have the right to question anything you want. It's just that when you start talking about something you have no clue about you come across is ignorant. The very word you so fondly like to throw around.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join