It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baltic Sea 'Mushroom'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is another update on the 'Baltic Sea USO' which i am posting in this forum as the latest news from the Ocean X Team does not give any evidence to this having anything to do with ETs, even though there is something very strange about the object.

The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges

As fascinating as this sounds, it gets better.

The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

The update goes on to say that there is a path leading to the object almost like a downhill runway. My thoughts is that this may have been caused if the structure slid into place at some point in the past.

I am kind of torn here between this being some strange unseen rock formation or an ancient structure that was once above the water that was then submerged when water levels rose.

"During my 20-year diving career, including 6000 dives, I have never seen anything like this. Normally stones don’t burn. I can’t explain what we saw, and I went down there to answer questions, but I came up with even more"

What do you think we are dealing with here? A strange rock formation? Ancient structure?

First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else

I just dont know what to think. I love these new discoveries
hope they get some decent images posted soon.

Link to full story

Mods, not sure if this should be in Fragile Earth or Ancient Civilisations so i'll let you decide

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Mermaids

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thank you for your comments, and i agree that we're more than likely dealing with an ancient built structure, but there are already several other threads about this ongoing at the moment saying exactly the same things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

is one.

edit on 15-6-2012 by MysterX because: added link

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
They found an illuminati easter egg. So what. All staged. Let the Iran war begin.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Yep

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Damn I wish there were photos! Very interesting! S&F! If you find photos please post.
edit on 6/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Damn I wish there were photos! Very interesting! S&F! If you find photos please post.

Kat, if you go to this link there is a news story from the Swedish media that has a video that shows some of the photos/video taken. It is all in Swedish, but the visuals are there. The only photos I've seen posted on other websites are screen captures from that video.

OiO

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

To me, the potential for it being an older man made structure is far more exciting than a spaceship could ever be. But then i wear slippers at home so what do i know?

That said, i am betting on natural formation rather than anything else (unfortunately).

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nice! Thanks for the update!
It sounds interesting and I kind of wish they would just try to pull it up, then the paranoid side of me says NOO!
I guess we will just have to keep watching for more.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

First hting I though of was some of the more sensitive attributes/artifacts Torch CUT OFF maybe by who went there first. I am happy to get more info on this structure and will keep an eye for what my be more to come of it. Now lets get VOSTOK undercontrol
so some data shares can go on.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Now you know StealthyKat those are classified

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for that link OiO. Heres the video for everybody. The stills are not too exciting to be honest, but hopefully we will get some better images somewhere down the line.

Intersting how they say it looks like sandstone but it also looks like it was cast like cement. Reminds me of that recent thread about the blocks od the Giza Pyramid.

reply to post by Flavian

Not sure if i agree with you there
dont get me wrong, if it is an ancient structure i will be 'buzzing' but if it did turn out to be some form of spacecraft... i wont lie to you, i would probably wet myself

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

First hting I though of was some of the more sensitive attributes/artifacts Torch CUT OFF maybe by who went there first

Now thats an interesting thought
something that i had not considered. Hope we get some clear up close and personal pics of this thing soon so we can see exactly what we are dealing with here.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for that link OiO. Heres the video for everybody. The stills are not too exciting to be honest, but hopefully we will get some better images somewhere down the line.

Intersting how they say it looks like sandstone but it also looks like it was cast like cement. Reminds me of that recent thread about the blocks od the Giza Pyramid.

it is difficult to get a size perspective of what we are seeing.

the mass of stone does indeed have those pit marks just like the reconstituted stone of the experimental pyramid blocks.

but i do seem to see that there are erosion 'rings' present in the video you linked.... were erosion 'rings' made during the flooding caused by glacial melt waters?

again it is hard to visualize just what is being presented/// are the pics of the mushroom top ?..
are we looking at the mushroom stem in other pics ?
is that scene of strewn boulders a panorama of a several acre site or a close up of the fireboxes that rest atop the 60 meter object ?

i might guess that a natural formation was enhanced/modified by members & priests of a ancient 'mushroom cult to become a Mushroom-goddess temple before the ice-age glacial melt, say 30k or 40k BCE
hey i romanticize to much

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
We need to remember, 12,000 years ago, ice age covered most of the Baltic Sea. Normally any man made structures dating before that, are destroyed by the mile high ice mass. Only handful exceptions exist, mainly very old caves, giving clues on habitation up to 40,000-120,000 years back (www.susiluola.fi...).

That makes this formation under the sea bed even more mysterious. It has clear markings of being somehow man made - or man used. But the loose stones on top of the formation, would have come after the ice cap drew away, some 12,000 years ago. Which then again, raises even more questions. Perhaps there was a period, when ice cap was large enough to block oceanic sea connection, and left a large inland area, below sea level, to sustain water from melting ice, while itself being a flat land. And that phase lasted perhaps few thousands years. This would mean, there could be traces of long gone settlements at the sea bed, dating to a period of 12-40,000 years back.

This is a truly remarkable find, which has so many angles, and can potentially shake our understanding on ice age, and how the ice mass really moved and which areas did it after all cover. Perhaps the Northern Europe was not at all that much covered by massive ice.
edit on 16-6-2012 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2012 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

again it is hard to visualize just what is being presented/// are the pics of the mushroom top ?..
Well you can see the mushroom shape at around the 30 second mark but other than that i have no idea what we are supposed to be seeing in those stills. The one covered in rocks and boulders is obviously somewhere on top of the object but its still not too clear. Would love some close ups of the egg shaped hole and 'fireplaces'. Maybe then we would be able to see if theres any tell tale signs of them being man made.

but i do seem to see that there are erosion 'rings' present in the video you linked
Would you be able to point out the erosion rings for me please? How far into the video?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

This would mean, there could be traces of long gone settlements at the sea bed, dating to a period of 12-40,000 years back.
Well there is all over the rest of the planet so i dont see why not. But i would of thought more of these objects would of been found by now if that was the case in that area. Either way, i'm with you on this one, i'm hoping its some kind of ancient structure.

I just want better quality photos

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
C'thulu's maw. just his lips of course.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
C'thulu's maw. just his lips of course.

I had no idea what you were talking about with that post
had to google it. A giant octopus right? I hope your wrong... your probably wrong... your wrong lol jokes

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Great premise for a film don't you think ? - no matter what it actually ends up being.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Yeah i guess so, but i would say we have to know for sure what it is before anybody even starts thinking about anything like that.

If it turns out to be just a unique rock formation, that wouldnt make much of a film. If it turned out to be and ancient megalith on the other hand, that would make an ok documentary me thinks

top topics

join