It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Chewing Gum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Love to chew gum but am trying to cut out the aspartame & high fructose corn syrup. Does anyone know of a decent tasting chewing gum that does not contain all kinds of crap and is somewhat reasonably priced?

Looked on-line at some brands & wholly crap are they expensive - one of them was like $3.00 for a piece of gum - not a pack but a piece - it was a 3 pack for $9.00....yeesh. That could get expensive quick!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would try Peppersmith. It is not to expensive and can be found at Wholefoods.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Love to chew gum but am trying to cut out the aspartame & high fructose corn syrup. Does anyone know of a decent tasting chewing gum that does not contain all kinds of crap and is somewhat reasonably priced?

Looked on-line at some brands & wholly crap are they expensive - one of them was like $3.00 for a piece of gum - not a pack but a piece - it was a 3 pack for $9.00....yeesh. That could get expensive quick!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace

aspartame and fructose are really unhealthy, but i used to chew alot of even "healthy gum"

but i have come to the conclusion that most if not all of gum is horrible for you, because it get stuck in your teeth on a really small level, and causes terrible cavities and tooth disease.

same thing with that "benefiting" "fibery" "brand" you dissolve it in a cup of water and drink it, its just sticky junk.

i don't trust it.

you should find another healthy stimulating thing to chew on.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I use to love Gatorade gum, ridiculously juicy and the flavor lasted hours.

Now that I know more about Aspartame & HFCS, I've gone back to lead paint chips.
Also chewing those tabs on Dunkin Donuts coffee cups are how I get my vitamin BPA.

edit on 14-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: another tyop

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Have chewed gum forever.
Around a decade ago noticed at times I would get sharp cramps in my gut; mostly after eating a meal, I couldn't pinpoint a cause.
The only thing that was constant was the gum chewed post-meal.. when I read a thread on here about aspartame causing stomach cramps, (amongst of course other symptoms of poisoning) I paid special attention to the gum. It was the cause.

Next time I went to the store, checked and ALL the gum they had contained aspartame - WT--

A few people I know have since said they stopped chewing gum altogether.

Now if I chew at all its just 1/4 of a piece of gum at a time - are you listening, gum companies?
Probably not.

I've read Thrills and Chiclets don't contain aspartame.

I

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Gleegum

Awesome - thanks!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just found some in a new Mediterranean grocery store - super cheap, too.
Was also perfect on the stomach, pleasant to chew.

English lettering is MAHMOUD SHARAWI

They had it in 4 flavours, mostly fruity, not too sweet tho.

top topics

join