It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would have thunk this about Senator Harry Reid???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I missed the Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight but have heard all about the controversial decision by two of the judges.

In fact, the WBO is going to review the controversial Pacquiao-Bradley decision.

WBO President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel said in a statement Wednesday that the WBO's championship committee will review video of the fight with five "recognized international judges" and make a recommendation. He said the WBO does not doubt the ability of the scoring judges.

Well, as I was reading different articles, I stumbled upon this one:

Sen. Reid joins call for probe of Pacquiao-Bradley decision

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) jumped on the bandwagon of those calling for a probe of the scoring of the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley title fight on Saturday night.

"I feel confident there has been nothing untoward but if an investigation makes everyone feel better, do the investigation," Reid, the Senate majority leader, told reporters at his weekly press conference. It was first reported in the Las Vegas Journal-Review.

Well, what the point of my finding here is that I had no knowledge that Reid used to be a boxer....

Reid, 72, is a former boxer who once served on the Nevada Athletic Commission and has judged fights. He is often ringside at big fights in Las Vegas, but skipped this one because of his wife's birthday.

Huh, I still don't care for his political views but hey, that's pretty cool..... we forget that they were once "normal" people when they were young, before the political- bug got a hold of them. [hee,hee]

"Remember this fight involved hundreds of millions of dollars, As I said I am confident there was nothing untoward. I think people just make bad decisions in a lot of things they do including judging fights. But it doesn't hurt to clear the air and take a look at this."

www.news-press.com...

Now when he says something that I don't care for, I'll try to picture him as a boxer, just for kicks!!! LOL...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
pacquiao left it in the hands of the judges, happens alll the time. Finish decisively or risk it all

new topics

join