It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU: movement of money, people can be limited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

EU: movement of money, people can be limited

news.yahoo.com

BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Commission has been providing legal advice to others who are considering possible scenarios should Greece leave the euro, a European Union spokesman said.

Olivier Bailly said Tuesday that, legally, limits could be imposed on movement of people and money across national borders within the EU if it's necessary to protect public order or public security — but not on economic grounds.

"Some people are working on scenarios," he said, but refused to confirm or identify w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is creepy.

Anyone else thinking this sounds strangely like what the Eastern Bloc did in Germany with the Berlin Wall? It isn't a coincidence that Bailly mentions that this could be implemented to protect public security but not on economic grounds. Seems they too, think it is reminiscent of Germany in that time period.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe this ties into it as well???
In the Australian news this morning it was reported that one of the major German banks was moving it's money offshore to the Australian Markets as a security measure for the inevitable EU collapse..
I'll see if I can find a link...
Germany seems to be sending out signals that they don't have confidence in the euro and are taking measures to safeguard their money. But No one else is allowed to??? Seems like the same old story...

www.theaustralian.com.au...
edit on 13-6-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Linky...

edit on 13-6-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: ..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

Bundesbank is not just a bank, it is Germany's central bank. I would venture to guess that they are pretty heavily invested in U.S. dollars and are now trying to hedge the risk by investing in Australian dollars. After all, Asia is a big economic partner with Australia. They're all scrambling.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's all a lie anyway, more needless worry to stress our miniscule lives away.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

This is creepy.

Anyone else thinking this sounds strangely like what the Eastern Bloc did in Germany with the Berlin Wall? It isn't a coincidence that Bailly mentions that this could be implemented to protect public security but not on economic grounds. Seems they too, think it is reminiscent of Germany in that time period.

news.yahoo.com

It's all just a little bit of history repeating.

Will we ever learn?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

This is creepy.

Not really. Prior to the forming of the EU, must countries had fairly extensive limitations to travel. IF anything, this is just a return to pre EU rules and regs.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

It irks me that Americans do not get the European Union and the level misinformation spread because of that.

If Greece gets out of the monetary union it will still be part of the European Union. It would be in the same situation as England. While money flux will be limited due to the same reasons the Greek government may impose, and probably should, some extra safeguard to prevent further exiting of capital.

The EU is a per-federalization of states it has not evolved into a fully federal state mostly because of England but other countries also have reserves into ceding sovereignty, since there is no major force pushing on the states to come together like there was with the US the process is very slow and maybe has already been compromised by bureaucracy. One thing that it has helped is in reducing conflicts, streamlining legislations and increasing personal freedoms across boarders, much like the US with Canada.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well if I was in charge of Greece, or any other nation, then to protect the knowledge, and their targetting abilities to silence a person, I would as in a trojan horse style campaign, set up in every single region the means of freedom of press, ie, media, and grass roots citizens councils, and then bang. Disclose the whole worlds truth and all the true technology and how the banking system is slavery.

Dissolve all debt instantly.

Give the people teeth, ie a better system of being watchdogs and hauling out any form of corruption they deem fit, entrenching their right to a free press always and services, land, food, education and medical and imploy the Venus System and a system of abundance instantly, ensuring them that they are co-owners of the earth and its resources. Freedom, sovereignity, basic common laws of thou shalt not harm, ie rape, murder or enslave another, free up most other laws, that were not directly saving lives, or stopping abuses, and BECOME A SHINING LIGHT TO THE WORLD.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

One thing that it has helped is in reducing conflicts, streamlining legislations and increasing personal freedoms across boarders, much like the US with Canada.

Have youever crossed the US Canada border? Many EU borders are more open these days.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That only proves that the USA does not trust Canadians, in Europe in a similar situation (security issues) in place of bolstering your own border you contribute to a ramping up of the national boarder that can cause issues. This translated to Canada would mean that the US would support Canada efforts in increasing security at airports and ports in place of the USA/Canada boarder. Btw I saw a documentary that showed how easy it is to cross that boarder without any scrutiny by authorities...

The US is a very schizophrenic nation, and it has been getting worst after winning the cold war, as if it it has lost is purpose and motivation.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I'm still trying to understand what part you think i got wrong about borders in Europe. Am I wrong in saying they are more open to people now than they were ten or twenty years ago? Every European Ive met has told me that, and my travels confirm that as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

In my opinion EU borders are a bit more secure to the outside of EU, there is increased security in airports and ports (in a similar trend to the US but without going to extremes) there is also a greater level of dialog between secret services and police forces. This has resulted in increased results in drugs and contraband apprehensions inside the EU.

The major problem is illegal immigrants dumping, that is the EU nations that have external borders will close their eyes or even encourage (by permissibility even of a procedural order) to let them inside the EU. This has economical and political reasons.

Examples are Italy (that has political difficulties in dealing with the influx of immigrants, especially the costs of processing them). Then there is France that is extremely permissive in letting immigrants stream into the UK (this has resulted in the UK reinforcement of it's EU boarders (new EU legislation was created for this and other type of restricted in time situations). On the other pole we can look at Spain that needs laborers for its agriculture, and so they are very permissive with immigrants from the North of Africa and even from its old colonies even more than Portugal (in fact recently the influx of Brazilians that used Portugal as an entry point has reversed), note also that Portugal and Italy do not retain much of these immigrants that mostly seek to go to France, UK and Germany.

I do not know how well the border is protected at the north, I guess Poland was problem a few years back but the flux seems to have decreased (even Poles have reduced their internal movements to UK and France), amids all this recent chaos Poland is going well.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Greece will not leave the Euro. Greece will be forced out because they are either refusing or cannot manage their way out of resolving thier self imposed problems.

The plans are sensible in that they are seeking to prevent Greek people jumping ship, therefore making the situation worse. It's no big deal, as some countries e.g. the UK have put in place plans to close the borders to Euro refugees.

Regards

top topics

join