It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameras in Cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So, I'm a huge Liveleak fan. I can't help but notice that a lot of the accident videos are filmed from cameras mounted on the windshield of cars oversees. Australia, Russia, Germany...etc.

What am I missing? Is it a requirement to have cameras in other countries?

edit on 13-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a while back i was wondering the same thing after watching a few videos on there. it seems like they have a camera in the right place at the right time for some good crashes.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know! I dont get it....

Anyone from Germany or Australia want to chime in?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

some people have them in their cars...wonder if some are dash cam on police cars? Anyone can purchase and install them if you would like to...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The reasons are many but the main one is added insurance for when someone says you were in the wrong. You can have the footage admitted as evidence in court. Not to mention being pulled over for something you haven't done.

By the way, these can be bought on Ebay for under $100.... Cheap insurance I think...
edit on 13-6-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Ebay

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It could have something to do with the increase of smartphones and cars with usb interfaces.

People connect there phones and decide to turn on the camera while driving.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

This is why:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

No law requiring it, just an added bit of insurance...

I've been considering putting one in my truck for a while now, plenty of morons on the road who can't drive and who don't respect vehicles bigger than them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yep, I did the same after dozens of near misses (I'm a lorry driver) but something I did notice was how the number of these incidents dropped once I'd fitted the camera.
Why?
Having fitted the camera the last thing I needed was for it to record my own mistake so in the back of my mind there was an extra subroutine running that looked further ahead than I otherwise would have. The nutters are still out there, I just spot them a bit quicker and avoid the problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have been thinking about doing this for a while but just not got around to it yet,i like to think i'm a good driver,i give way,flash people out of car parks & drive pretty much the limit,it really annoys me when people drive like idiots & endanger my life.

i see accidents every couple days because because of bad drivers acting stupid.

i think having a camera in your vehicle is a good thing,i'm just not sure what type of camera to get yet
edit on 14-6-2012 by rhynouk because: added things

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

There was actually a big article on Jalopnik about this very subject today:

jalopnik.com...

Pretty good article. Upshot being that the roads are awful, the cops are corrupt, the drivers are psychotic, and the courts don't like verbal testimony but love video. So people install cams as a self-defense measure.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Ha! Yeah I know what you mean, the evidence goes both ways lol

Gotta behave for it....

top topics

join