It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Where are the patriots, the angry American's, the oppressed and down trodden? Why are we not taking to he streets in mass protest? Are we really that passive that we sit back and allow our country, our freedoms and our pride to be stripped from us an we don't even bat an eyelash? Where is the outrage? Where are the protests? It's time we as a people stopped fighting amongst ourselves and worked together to fix our country. We may never agree on the perfect solution, but we can ALL agree that the status quot has not, and is not working. I hear people all the time say "I am one person. I can't make a difference". Or they say "I'm just one vote. I hate to waste it on someone who isn't going to be elected". Guess what? If everyone who thought that actually did just that we would break the pattern. It's time we stood up and demanded to be heard. It's time this nation of one became a nation of many. It's time we joined together for the common good of our nation. If we fail to make a stand now, we will, in the future, pay for it with either ours or our children's blood.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Currently, we're in our living rooms, ensconsed on the sofa and watching American Idol.

The average American is still too comfortable to support a revolution. Wait until the middle class has completely disappeared. Then you'll have your troubled masses.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by haarvik

Currently, we're in our living rooms, ensconsed on the sofa and watching American Idol.

I prefer Game of Thrones, myself. I hadn't watched much TV at all for close to ten years; Angel was probably the last series I got hooked on. I was starting to think that the people handling the circus side of the whole bread and circuses equation, simply weren't interested in catering to the needs of people like me.

It's hard being a worthless eater, when you want your eating to feel slightly less worthless. They generally don't bother trying to opiate the more intelligent of the masses, these days, because they seem to assume that we no longer exist.

edit on 13-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hold your horses this rifle won't clean itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It hasn't gotten painful enough yet. Let them start cutting off the internet and cable, then you will see an uprising that will rival anything you could imagine. And while that statement seems sarcastic, I find it to be too close to the truth. We tend to ignore things until they fall in our laps... It's coming down the pike... give it a bit more time.
edit on 6/13/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Although to answer the OP, there have been some attempts at protest. You might have heard of the Occupy movement.

This picture is a good illustration of how the NYPD have generally responded to Occupy, however, when they've tried to express themselves. Picture Occupy as being in Gaston's position.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

As always, well put Petras.

I don't watch television either. I do occasionally watch a show on Discovery or Animal Planet, but overall I much prefer a book.

And its a point of pride to me that I've never seen an American Idol episode.

top topics

join