It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I [i]just[/i] saw another black helicopter fly over my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was just sitting in the living room reading a Dr. Seuss book to my daughter when in the middle of reading I heard a loud noise outside like a helicopter really close. I ran out onto my front porch and flying EXTREMELY low about two houses over from mine probably about 20 feet above the houses. It flew behind the house and was starting to veer left still very low.

I ran to the back of my house (barefoot so it took longer than it should have, but it was still only about 15 seconds tops) and by the time I got back there, it was gone again. There are no woods or anything near my house so I don't know where it went. The nearest woods are on the opposite of the highway which is about a half a mile from my house. I don't think it could have made it there that fast, especially considering it was turning left and not heading straight toward the highway.

Also by the time I made it to the back of my house the sound of the helicopter was gone also.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Do you live near an Air Force base? Im always weary of mysterious aircraft seen around these bases.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Do you live near an Air Force base? Im always weary of mysterious aircraft seen around these bases.

No. I don't. I was asked that before. The nearest military base is in Pittsburgh which is pretty far from me. You can see the original thread HERE

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I never got excited about helicopter "sightings". Lots of people like to attach conspiracies to the low flying helicopters they sometimes see... But really sometimes helicopters just fly low. Sometimes the police use helicopters to search for a running suspect and fly very low to the ground (something I have witnessed many times here in Dallas...

Most times, things can be explained logically. I feel this is one of those times. FT. Hood is not too far from me. I have seen stealth fighters and other jets fly over. I have seen tanks and other military vehicles being transported on the road and I regularly see chinooks flying around.

I am not in the middle of some crazy military operation, I just live within 75 miles of a military base...You don't have to be all that close in order to be surrounded by the goings on of a military base.

As for you, you could have seen a cop looking for some one and you may have seen a military helicopter flying by and low like sometimes happens....

Or the US government has gotten really careless in their spying.... But logic tells me there is nothing like that going on and that a logical explanation does exist.

Popular or not, that is where I stand.
edit on 13-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I never got excited about helicopter "sightings". Lots of people like to attach conspiracies to the low flying helicopters they sometimes see... But really sometimes helicopters just fly low. Sometimes the police use helicopters to search for a running suspect and fly very low to the ground (something I have witnessed many times here in Dallas...

Most times, things can be explained logically. I feel this is one of those times. FT. Hood is not too far from me. I have seen stealth fighters and other jets fly over. I have seen tanks and other military vehicles being transported on the road and I regularly see chinooks flying around.

I am not in the middle of some crazy military operation, I just live within 75 miles of a military base...

As for you, you could have seen a cop looking for some one and you may have seen a military helicopter flying by and low like sometimes happens....

Or the US government has gotten really careless in their spying.... But logic tells me there is nothing like that going on and that a logical explanation does exist.

Popular or not, that is where I stand
edit on 13-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the response. The thing is I live in a small town, not some big city. It wasn't a police copter. It was all black. They have been flying over this area a lot lately. Something is going on.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just a week ago we had a V-22 Osprey fly the same way right over our house about 200 feet.
Never seen that anywhere and were here in a suburb outside Atlanta(25 miles)
Few weeks before that I saw two military helo's flying together a few miles from here as well
Just saying.
My camera is charged and at the ready now forever

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secretseverywhere
Just a week ago we had a V-22 Osprey fly the same way right over our house about 200 feet.
Never seen that anywhere and were here in a suburb outside Atlanta(25 miles)
Few weeks before that I saw two military helo's flying together a few miles from here as well
Just saying.
My camera is charged and at the ready now forever

I know, Secrets. I wish I had my camera nearby the few times I've seen these things.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Thanks for the response. The thing is I live in a small town, not some big city. It wasn't a police copter. It was all black. They have been flying over this area a lot lately. Something is going on.

Terrain mapping, commercial photographs, site planning.

You are probably about to get a nice new Walmart!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Terrain mapping, commercial photographs, site planning.

You are probably about to get a nice new Walmart!

LOL. No we already have a Supercenter close by.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have seen a black copter once in my life , and that was back in 1998 or so . I used to work near an airport and it was late afternoon and I was outside having a smoke.
It was totally black , very sleek , with black windows and absolutely no makings of any kind.
Now , this is rather far fetched , but concerning your sighting , there are those who claim that all the composite parts used on some planes and helicopters are to aid them in being able to teleport into any location.
edit on 13-6-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Most "black" helicopters, are actually a dark green or grey that appears black, just as most "unmarked" helicopters are simply using standard low vis markings. A lot of times the military shows up in weird areas so they can do training away from a base, and practice operating in the field.

Military helicopters also fly "Nap Of the Earth" (NOE), practicing avoiding enemy radars, and observers. They use natural terrain features to hide themselves from observation. This means they're going to be extremely low. Or they could just be flying low to keep out of air routes, and avoid other aircraft, since they're slow and hard to see at any kind of distance.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
I have seen a black copter once in my life , and that was back in 1998 or so . I used to work near an airport and it was late afternoon and I was outside having a smoke.
It was totally black , very sleek , with black windows and absolutely no makings of any kind.
Now , this is rather far fetched , but concerning your sighting , there are those who claim that all the composite parts used on some planes and helicopters are to aid them in being able to teleport into any location.
edit on 13-6-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

Well I'm not saying they are definitely teleporting. It's just weird how numerous times I've seen them they have just disappeared without a trace. Thanks for the info, though,

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OP, what if any, significance are you reading into these sightings or are you just telling us about the helicopters you see.

I only ask because so far this thread just says to me that a couple of helicopters have flown over your house and this thread has absolutely no significance to the rest of us or for you

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
OP, what if any, significance are you reading into these sightings or are you just telling us about the helicopters you see.

I only ask because so far this thread just says to me that a couple of helicopters have flown over your house and this thread has absolutely no significance to the rest of us or for you

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I don't know the significance or what it means, if it means anything. That's why I posted it here. I merely posted what I've seen and I know there is a lot of theories regarding black helicopters. So, sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said, but I think it does hold significance to post it here.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Based on that then all I would have to say is that you have seen a few black helicopters flying over your house. There are almost limitless possibilities as to why this could be, just because the helicopters appear to be “black” does not really mean much. I don’t see how it would make any real difference if the helicopter was bright purple rather than black.

This could be anything, surveying, pilot training, a new flight path, police, military exercises, a private individual having a bit of fun, a news crew or the government preforming watching your home. Please note that the latter is not actually happening all I am saying is that there are probably loads of possibilities.

In my first post I was trying to ask you what you thought the reason for these helicopters flying around your neighbourhood, I don’t think I made that clear enough so I will ask again.

Why do you think these helicopters are flying around near your home?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It's the season for the sheriff/ state police to start searching for crops that wont be sold
on the open market,

also the oil/ gas companies here in WV use helicopters to survey the sites for where the rigs
will be set up. Sometimes a lot of timbering needs to be done, so it's easier by air.

Don't be suprised if you start seeing a bunch of Dominion or Chesapeake trucks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Was it a shiny black or a flat black?

I get a laugh out of the whole black helicopter thing. Why paint them black? Why not paint them like other helos? Flat black is used for two reasons only. One is for night operations, the other is to test fly aircraft that have had modifications to their airframe or equipment. The reason for painting test aircraft black is so that photographs taken of the aircraft won't show any details of the mods or changes.

Think about this. when I was in the Navy, one of my jobs was corrosion control. We would inspect our helicopters and touch-up or repaint any damage to the aircraft's paint. When we deployed one of the items that we carried was several "kits" of black paint. We could mask off the windows and paint the helo black in about 4 hours. The nice thing about this paint was that we could wash it off the helo in about 2 hours and you would never know that it was painted black.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Today must be the day for low flyovers. I've had 2 myself and let me stress it is not unusual. Some days we will get up to 6. Those days they are mostly military with one white and blue helicopter thrown in. I think the white & blue one is TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority).

I was setting here contemplating replying when the second flyover happened. My husband got a better look at it then I did he said it was military (dark green), I just saw the bottom of it.

I think the flyovers I our flyovers are because we are located between 134th ARW, Tennessee Air National Guard & the Kingston Steam Plant (of the ash spill fame). Now I don't know why there are so many military flights to the steam plant, but that is the only place I've been able to come up with for frequent low flights. If anyone knows of a different location they could be heading, please let me know (someplace northwest of the Kingston Steam Plant).

The only other place I can think of they would be heading is Oak Ridge National Laboratory, but it just seems we are to far south & west for that to be the case.

reply to post by Zaphod58

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Military helicopters also fly "Nap Of the Earth" (NOE), practicing avoiding enemy radars, and observers. They use natural terrain features to hide themselves from observation. This means they're going to be extremely low. Or they could just be flying low to keep out of air routes, and avoid other aircraft, since they're slow and hard to see at any kind of distance.

Thank you for posting that! This is the same explanation given to me by a friend that is a helicopter pilot. Sometimes they fly across so low it rattles my house! That really freaks me out.

OiO

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

My other half used to live near Bridgeport, and she said they used to always "bomb" the bridge in the area. She said they ALWAYS had planes and helicopters flying so low that if you threw a rock you'd hit them. Nothing unusual, just a great place to do training.

From about Marietta, to Knoxville, to Huntsville is the military High Speed Corridor. That means the military controls a lot of that airspace, and can use it pretty much for whatever they want to use it for. We've sat here watching F-22s, and other planes doing all kinds of insane maneuvers right over our house. Just a couple of weeks ago I watched a C-27J Spartan appear out of nowhere, do a 180 degree turn, and head back south, never going over about 1500 feet the entire time.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'd assume they're looking for drugs. Wouldn't be a covert black helicopter mission you imagine in black-ops missions if they're in the wide open like that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join