It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depopulation is probably the answer. Let’s face facts however as unpleasant as they be. What are t

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You know Neo, I am beginning to pick up on a strange vibe that people are going to somehow be tricked into supporting world-wide atrocities on a scale never before seen sometime in our lifetime.

Who knew environmentalism could morph into a justification for such atrocities?
edit on 14-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

In theory you are correct however technically you are not - there is plenty of fresh water that has'nt been tapped in to yet and that includes fresh water below the Australian desert and Africa; I also suspect a lot of fresh water below the Sinai and all throughout Europe.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah, then I took it away again because of aesthetic reasons. But I agree with you. I don't think that we have enough time to develop anything nearing the level of space colonization technology that we would need to prevent depopulation.

So I guess I'll re-write what I said before here: massive depopulation in the near future seems to be inevitable. Both mother nature and humanity have the ability to self-correct themselves when things become unbalanced, and this is far out of the control of policy.

As the population grows, the threat of a global pandemic increases. As resources grow short, the threat of war increases and hunger increases as well.

I think this thread is a really good one, actually, because I think depopulation is coming and will probably result in a healthier earth when it is all over.

Umm... yeah that goes against what I said a few posts back, but at this point, that's what will probably happen. I don't see much in the way of stopping the path we are on. The reality is, sometimes destruction is necessary to create.

I am kind of stuck when it comes to what is right or wrong in this situation - and I'm leaning towards things are going to be happening at such an alarming rate that what is right or wrong is irrelevant.

Now I'm going to take a break from ATS for a few days to clear my head.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tucker81

There is no commercial agriculture in Monaco due to it being 100% urban.

Originally posted by tucker81
I know a way to depopulate. Just have every country seal and defend its country's borders and make each country feed their own population. If they can't, tough s***.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

And when those 50 to 100 years pass by, who/what you gonna kill off then? Oh, it doesn't matter because you will probably be, if not already dead, on your last legs!

If the West sent their excess food, which gets dumped because they can't consume it, to Africa or India there would be a lot less starvation in the world.

And in any case the West probably know, as does China, that the future for mankind lies heavily in the development of Africa!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

you know, a concrete basin that displaces enough water will float so it isn't beyond us to build floating cities that are anchored off coastlines and connected with bridges for traffic to and from.

The problem is that it isn't in the will of the people to expand but to restrict. It would cost $ that those who have won't part with and yet how much would an artificial island be worth in terms of housing alone?

meh, perhaps I am deluded into thinking people would even endorse the effort when it means even more growth. Jobs are scarce and new industry isn't being promoted... but the war machine proliferates globally. In our couple of hundred years of industrial growth we really haven't promoted anything but weaponry which is what all new technologies are developed into first.

I guess I am more a futurist than a realist because it is always about money and we all know those on top (capitalism at its finest) are in control and the money is what is ruling all actions. After all, we do have the best justice system that money can buy, the best government that money can buy, and the best military that money can buy.

We sell ourselves short as a species though when a life is only as valuable as the cost of a bul

I do see your point but ...... more concrete to build islands???

We have too much concrete on our Islands as it is.... I see too much concrete in the cities especially.... if i wanted to live on an island away from the cities, it would have to be one without much concrete!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Nope,

Depopulation is what they want you to think is needed or Ok. Fact is that it's bs. We got lot's of land. way more than people think. We produce today enough food for 10 billion people... That's almost half as much needed. Still we have people on the earth suffering of starvation... Why? Money. There isn't enough money to be made in certain places or they suck out all the money and leave the people in the area without.

So simply said, Things are being operated very stupidly... We should of been off oil maybe 50 years ago... We have many other alternatives that is not only better for nature but even more efficient than oil, Look around and you will see.

Politics is a fools game.

So, If we planned everything better.. say kept track on how much food we need, share the food so no one starves, Produce goods of highest quality and make everything universal for easiest upgrades... Things would change a lot. But as long everything is for profit with no consideration of nature and people and animals and everything else. We are doomed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

We aren't supposed to get along(naturally of course)which is why war is there.

On top if that,only the weak seek to get along which is why we are the mess we are in right now.We need war,but sadly,it will probably end up being the same old rubbish where the strong go and die and the weak stay and breed which will lead to where we currently are with the scum of the world ruling and living.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have an idea for the OP. Why doesn't he lead by example and start by depopulating himself?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Yeah, then I took it away again because of aesthetic reasons. But I agree with you. I don't think that we have enough time to develop anything nearing the level of space colonization technology that we would need to prevent depopulation.

So I guess I'll re-write what I said before here: massive depopulation in the near future seems to be inevitable. Both mother nature and humanity have the ability to self-correct themselves when things become unbalanced, and this is far out of the control of policy.

As the population grows, the threat of a global pandemic increases. As resources grow short, the threat of war increases and hunger increases as well.

I think this thread is a really good one, actually, because I think depopulation is coming and will probably result in a healthier earth when it is all over.

Umm... yeah that goes against what I said a few posts back, but at this point, that's what will probably happen. I don't see much in the way of stopping the path we are on. The reality is, sometimes destruction is necessary to create.

I am kind of stuck when it comes to what is right or wrong in this situation - and I'm leaning towards things are going to be happening at such an alarming rate that what is right or wrong is irrelevant.

Now I'm going to take a break from ATS for a few days to clear my head.

How on Earth are you stuck between "Thou Shalt Not Murder" and choosing to support murder? There is no choice, at all, but the fact that you waffle clearly shows your lack of moral strength. And in that, you are considering choosing the path of relabelling evil as good. God gave everyone a choice whether you believe in Him or not: choose good and life, or evil and death.

Atheism and humanism are bringing evil and death to this world because it puts man in the temple of God. Science is it's Bible. It carves away morality and uses it's theories to justify everything of wickedness. What was the article last week? It's "pro-science" to abort babies? It's fruit is ROTTEN TO THE CORE but yet Jesus told us all that man will do this - they 'll FULFILL every last prophecy whereby man is considered continually wicked in God's sight. This entire religious dogma amongst the elite concerning depopulation is proof of what they have already chosen - evil and death. And the fact that they need to scare the Godless half witless with threats of death in order to get support should demonstrate it's source. Depopulation and eugenics go hand in hand, and if you can't see that, try looking again at the Denver Airport murals. That is their vision for our future. Drink in it's evil because if you can't get your moral choice firmly in your mind and heart, you will be responsible for agreeing with evil.

Know the time in which you live. Choose good and life for you will be held responsible for what you do.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I agree with the OP.

Simple common sense and logic dictates that human overpopulation is a problem that needs to be dealt with. This planet doesn't have infinite space and resources, and any solution other than depopulation is merely a palliative, delaying the inevitable.

It amuses and saddens me at the same time when people reject this reality just because it makes them uncomfortable. "The aliens will save us!" "Science will save us!" "It's all tptb's fault!" Stop deluding yourself. If anything is going to happen, it won't be pretty, nor fair. It will be, for the most part, our ("the people") fault.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Did you know there's no FDA regulations on bottled water? Jesse Ventura hosted yet another "action packed" conspiracy theory and this one was on the great lakes. He claims there is no bottled water regulations, and that the Swiss company Nestle had bough unlimited rights to one of the great lakes, I can't remember which one it was.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Not really much that can be added to Tenths response,however,I do not believe that we are part of the natural order on this planet,sure if we all agreed to live in harmony with each other and strove to engender a spirit of mutual co-operation,we could certainly ease the burden that we have placed on this planet and it's inhabitants,unfortunately,we seem to be predisposed towards wiping each other out,,which, to me anyway,would suggest THAT is our place in the natural scheme to which we are an unintentional part,we do self regulate our numbers to a certain extent through wars.

Additionally,I can't really accept that,even through a spirit of mutual help, the earth could sustain untold billions of humans,we surely must reach saturation point at some time at which point nature would find a way to "forcibly"reduce our numbers through,for example,natural disaster or a particularly virulent virus.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There is a solution to the apparent over population of this planet, well actually a few solutions which include try to expand to nearby planets , or perhaps better use of the resources on this one to actually benefit ALL of mankind not just a select few but the real solution is this, those want DEpopulation are free to buy some rope and find a nearby tree and go hang themselves and rid the genepool of not only your selfishness but also your stupidity and shortsightedness.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Then perhaps a domed city beneath the ocean (which seems inevitable considering solar radiation increase) is more to your liking. But I guess that is only for military and the elite.

Like the post below yours said, there is more than enough land. All you need do is travel and see how wide open the spaces are, or fly at night and see the city lights.

This thread is a moot point anyway as they have been systematically reducing male sperm count, controlling food production (causing farmers in India to kill themselves ) creating problems that never existed before like growing Maize in South America as a hereditary crop and now the seed production got corrupted to a point they can't perpetuate growth year after year as had been done for generations.

If they can't get us with the economy, they get us with the corrupt laws that protect corporations. Did you know that Monsanto started out as a chemical company that engineered oil bi-products and made their first big hit in industry making mustard gas for war? (Toluene is a derivative of oil) and trinitrotoluene is a recipe for TNT Sure, they change the names all the time, like saccharin or nutra-sweet or aspartame and yet it is the same game different name.

People woke up too late and not enough of us commoners spoke out against the horrors coming down the road. Radiation poisoning chemical poisoning, food manipulation causing dna changes like the growth hormones they put in meat that caused Chinese babies to develop breasts at 9 months of age... all evil tools that took us down yet we are still too stupid to see it even though we live it.

Why do you think CT sites aren't shut down for sedition laws? Because we can talk all we want, they already won and the Georgia guidestones was as much a slap in our face because they arrogantly told us they would do it and still did it.

We can't change history, but they can't change destiny either and there is a higher power that all answer to, whether you believe or not. Just look to the book of Revelation and you can see what comes next.

Man been had, and sold a bill of goods into thinking it is a numbers game rather than one of greed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would like to say yet again, that it's proven, people who get education, nutrition, an upbringing in reasonable happiness and stability, -naturally- reproduce less and less.
I just don't understand why these ghouls of industry, academia, control, don't get it. They must have severely corrupted spiritual problems. (..bohemian grove..)

I firmly believe we need to get "free energy" into every individual's hands, it would be a good start. But so far, I sigh that such is most likely a scifi myth.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

free-e isn't a myth. We could have had interstellar travel already not merely inter-planetary and by primitive means at best.Chemical rockets = pffft, fuel expended

that isn't this thread though and is pointless to bring it all out again. Suffice to say we should have had clean energy and levitation many years ago.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Are you out of your tree or something?

NO! And there is NO NEED. Now the taxed planetary resources is a real situation, for TPTB have been crashing nature and the system BY INTENT, including killing off the bees for Monsanto's new GMO loving bees, that you can purchase in little packages for you GMO garden.

Don't even start with this crapola.

Food? Now why would it be hard to get food? For every citizen. Its been said we all fit into Australia, then there was some debate about that. We all fit into Canada's Southern to mid portion, and so all the rest of the world is just icing on the cake isn't it????

THere is more than enough land for everyone on this planet to have their own small farm, and still have shared public crown land, and lots of natural spaces.

And there is no reason to not run equality as the program with international laws prohibiting dictatorships and banks and slavery, and equalizing eveyrone, no women in burkas, no women forced to submit and bear children, and really good educations and services, land and resources for all, since we really all co-own the earth while we're here.

We ALL could be living like this, in earth ship homes that are very nice, and spacious,. Now these things use conventional energy, there is unconventional as well to explore. But they recycle water and use solar/wind, and require no heating and cooling even in a harsh canadian winter. I'd add power and heating mind you, and a little well, but, you get the point.

And they provide alot of food for each household.

Never mind anything else they might put on their property.

Never mind any co-ops and farms and other sharing ventures.

There is NO NEED for any of our corrupt slave systems AND NO NEED for any form of depopulation

There is a need for social justice, equality, and freedom, with a system of abundance world wide, and birth control introduced as education to children in elementary school, and free access to it, so that no parents, with no controlling religions wedded to any state anywhere on this planet or blocking it.

And no, we don't get to ignore the need to free this world, and decide, scrap the hard work of progressing the planet, lets just depopulate instead.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

If people threw out the dogma in their heads and demanded their leaders eihter cough up and free the system or step down tomorrow, and insisted on land and homes for every single person without any need to force any slavery, and started building something like this, made out recycled goods, within a few months there would be no starvation and no homelessness.

In other words, people's thoughts have created so much injustice on earth. They klll others with their thoughts and opinions.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Don't worry the genetic modification of food will make 99.9% of the population infertile in the next 100 years. The sun is on the horizon.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by AzureSky

Actually, potable fresh water is going to be a huge problem in the future, it's actually one of the main concerns regarding overpopulation. The truth is, there just isn't enough Fresh Water to go around right now.

However, we do have the tech to convert salt water into clean, drinkable water, but it's expensive and most nations do not want to build the infrastructure to do such things.

But it can be done.

~Tenth

Sorry the right tech to desalinate water is not expensive. Get a plastic container, fill it with salt water, sit it in the sun, catch the condensation and heck use some of that salt water as well to cool a condensing coil and maybe have some minerals to add to your freshly distilled water... Only an idiot would have no water, solar stills are easy to build.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join